PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Eve = Capacity?

Sophie832
12-23-2002, 12:21 AM
Ok, so I'm seriously thinking about going to Disneyland on New Year's Eve for the first time. The reason I never went before was basically the crowds. However, now I am really just looking forward to hanging out with my friends at the park, so I don't mind if it's really super crowded.

My question is: will the park reach capacity, and how early do I have to get there in order to be there at midnight?

I know last year didn't reach capacity, most likely due to 9/11, but I'm thinking this year might be more like years past. Has anyone had any experiences with New Year's crowds they might share?

cemeinke
12-23-2002, 06:42 PM
Last year, while they did not reach capacity the CM at the gate told us we should be in the park we wanted to stay in by 5:00 becasue they might cut off park-hopping. So based on that, I'd say try to be there before 5:00PM.

MammaSilva
12-23-2002, 07:43 PM
I plan on having the girls sleep in and go in a little later than we normally do then just take it slow all day so Brandy doesn't get too tired but once we are IN the park we're staying til the magic hour! After reading previous assorted reports on the crowds I think we'll go over to the hub area around 10:30 and just find a good spot and park her wheelchair and my EVC and wait it out!

Morrigoon
12-25-2002, 01:16 PM
*Just in case* you will want to arrive before noon. It's rare that they actually shut the gates, but they DO run out of parking, so unless you want to walk forever or pay through the nose, get there early. And by early I mean before 11am.

ldsguy
12-25-2002, 08:10 PM
Actually, last year, Disneyland did close thier gates, kind of, basically, they got to the point of one person out, one person in....DCA did not have this problem, you could come and go as you pleased, even if you were in Disneyland and wanted to park-hop over to DCA, it was just getting back into DL.....For parking, it didn't seem to be much of an issue, they first parked the Structure and Timon at the same time, when Timon was filled, they parked Pumbaa, when Pumbaa was full, they parked the Buzz Light Year lot and the Convention Center. Please be aware that the Convention Center has no real tram, except to walk accross the street and use the Timon tram. Also, I believe at some point in there they parked the Simba lot and that lot has no tram service either, unless they changed something.

Trintara
12-26-2002, 02:48 PM
I also suggest being there before noon just to make sure. If you get really tired, head to first aid and if there is an empty bed you can take a nap. Just say you're tired with a headache and as long as there is room they'll let you rest there. (hey, it's better then finding a bench.)

most of all, have lots of fun! I've been there twice for new years (once to count down for 2000) and both times I had a blast. be sure to get your cheap hat and noisemaker! :D

Traci
12-26-2002, 03:13 PM
Dont' do it!!!!!!!:eek:

Ok sorry, I've done it twice before, and I was so jammed packed on Main Street that I felt like a sardine! I actually had to scream outloud "I have AIDS and an open wound" to get people to move away from me. (Please forgive my mocking of the AIDS virus, but it was necessary, or I was going to have a major anxiety attack right where I stood).

I will NEVER do New Years at DLR again. Call me old, but I'd rather be safe in my home and in bed before 12.