PDA

View Full Version : ss rustworthy area to be rethemed too?

nursechrissy32
03-03-2009, 10:49 AM
Hi all...does anyone have a link to this area being re themed? I know it is on here somewhere....going the lazy route now, and asking for one of you wonderful people to put the link here for me :) hehe...thanks in advance

DizneyMommy
03-08-2009, 07:42 AM
Hi all...does anyone have a link to this area being re themed? I know it is on here somewhere....going the lazy route now, and asking for one of you wonderful people to put the link here for me :) hehe...thanks in advance

I know there is construction going on over there, I do believe most everything is getting re-themed over there to some degree or another... BUT since they have the ridiculous rule that no strollers can go in Blue Sky - even when it is EMPTY - I have yet to actually see the plans.

The last time I went, my husband went through alone and when he came out he said he was the only one inside. So, I asked the CM if I could take the stroller in since there was no one else to inconvenience (the reason for the rule as I have been told). Of course they said no.

ryanvalle
03-08-2009, 04:22 PM
I know there is construction going on over there, I do believe most everything is getting re-themed over there to some degree or another... BUT since they have the ridiculous rule that no strollers can go in Blue Sky - even when it is EMPTY - I have yet to actually see the plans.

The last time I went, my husband went through alone and when he came out he said he was the only one inside. So, I asked the CM if I could take the stroller in since there was no one else to inconvenience (the reason for the rule as I have been told). Of course they said no.

That's quite a dumb rule. I don't see why not. Perhaps, they expected it to get busy? But even then, they have a CM inside so if the stroller is in the way she could ask you to move it or would have to explain to you that you would have to leave the stroller outside since its too busy inside. And I can recall when I've seen strollers inside so its also a possibility of just encountering a CM who cares about the "rules" and a CM who cares about guest experience.

disneyperson
03-10-2009, 12:31 PM

Of course they said no, just as they should have. There's not enough room in there to manuever strollers . The simple solution to your difficulty would have been for your hubby to stay with the stroller while you took your turn inside.

DizneyMommy
03-11-2009, 06:24 AM
Of course they said no, just as they should have. There's not enough room in there to manuever strollers . The simple solution to your difficulty would have been for your hubby to stay with the stroller while you took your turn inside.

Actually, there is plenty of room for my tiny stroller, and yes I could have left her with my husband but I usually go alone and always get that same response so I thought I'd test it's validity. They said I would be in the way of other guests, not that the room is too small to manuever. I'v seen the inside, my stroller would fit just fine - if a wheelchair can fit with no problem, my stroller is not an issue.

Crazy4DL
03-11-2009, 10:36 AM
Actually, there is plenty of room for my tiny stroller,

For some reason, and I have to believe there is some logical reason for the rule because they allow strollers almost anywhere else in DCA and DL except rides, the rule apparantly is no strollers. They can hardly position someone to judge which stroller is "tiny" and which isn't. imho

disneyperson
03-11-2009, 12:10 PM
Actually, there is plenty of room for my tiny stroller, and yes I could have left her with my husband but I usually go alone and always get that same response so I thought I'd test it's validity. They said I would be in the way of other guests, not that the room is too small to manuever. I'v seen the inside, my stroller would fit just fine - if a wheelchair can fit with no problem, my stroller is not an issue.

Making an attraction handicapped accessible and catering to the demands of parents who feel entitled to special privilege are hardly the same thing. It is possible that strollers are forbidden for the very purpose of making certain there is room for wheelchairs. People in wheelchairs are usually not able to get out of them and walk about. People who have children in strollers are generally able to park the stroller and carry the child if they are alone or if there are two adults ,one person can stay with the stroller while the other experiences the exhibit. Since you say your stroller is tiny, I'm assuming the child is of a similar dimension and can be carried. There are even comfy benches inside the attraction where one can sit and watch the film and look at the exhibits with one's child easily seated on a lap.
You stated you hadn't been able to see the exhibit because of the rule against strollers inside. In fact ,you have not seen it because you were not willing to use the options available to you. Obviously, your husband had no such qualms.
The CM was correct in refusing you entry no matter how tiny your stroller may be.

jMom
03-11-2009, 05:01 PM
I have been in the Blue Sky preview room and it has some tight corners and different levels. I stayed for about 20 minutes and the room would go from just me to filled with people in a very short amount of time.

Anyone pausing to look at things could jam up the walkways and flow. I think a stroller would congest things even more so.

IMO it would also not be a pleasant experience to the child in the stroller to be subjected that.

ginap73
03-11-2009, 09:23 PM
What about special needs kids in special needs stollers?

VickiC
03-12-2009, 07:05 AM
I am certian they would accomodate you if you explained it to them.

TTFN92
03-12-2009, 07:51 AM

That must be a new thing because when we went in Nov. we took the stroller in. I actually wished we had left it outside though. There were quite a few people in there too. Didn't seem like a problem to anyone but me having to deal with it.

jMom
03-12-2009, 09:30 AM
What about special needs kids in special needs stollers?
Speaking just for my son, who is on the autism spectrum, he really does not like being in a stroller in crowded situations.

The noise, the legs (because that's all that he can see) and the pressing of people (and the ones who treat the stroller like an obstacle course) turn this sunny kids into a crying, scared one in very little time -- I found out the hard way getting caught in a crowd around the ROA. Never again.

Just use your common sense, and also think about what's going to be best for your child.