PDA

View Full Version : When will Aladdin & Fireworks shows change?

jcruise86
03-03-2009, 07:31 AM
Any update on when DCA's Aladdin show and Disneyland's current (and popular) fireworks show will have their closing nights?

When The Main Street Electrical Parade "Closed forever!"
(accompanied by a massive and successful media blitz)
it brought in hundreds of thousands--or perhaps even millions--of guests who wanted to see it for the "last" time.

I (and many others--maybe just tens of thousands) would like to see Aladdin again before this short, Broadway-scale show closes.

I think it would be in Disney's best interests to (PLEASE) announce Aladdin's exact closing date
and
announce the date of the last currently popular "Remember. . Dreams Come True" fireworks show.

I'd avoid the last day of these shows.

houseofmouse
03-03-2009, 07:42 AM
There is a rumor about the Fireworks at Miceage. Who knows if it is true or not. I hope Aladdin is there this summer, my kids love that show.

LOYL2DZNY
03-03-2009, 07:52 AM
When The Main Street Electrical Parade "Closed forever!"
(accompanied by a massive and successful media blitz)
it brought in hundreds of thousands--or perhaps even millions--of guests who wanted to see it for the "last" time.

Ha! I was one of those thousands of people who wanted to see it for the "last" time! Which was totally fine because it's never been the same like the original Main Street Electrical Parade.
I have never watched Alladin, so I guess I better get on that.

jcruise86
03-03-2009, 08:43 AM
. . . I have never watched Alladin, so I guess I better get on that.
It's an excellent 40-minute show. Some of the blue genies :eek::rolleyes:;) are gifted entertainers.
I've never seen the current firework show so I guess I better get on that.

THpoohbear
03-03-2009, 09:00 AM
I've never seen the current firework show so I guess I better get on that.

:eek::eek::eek: It's a MUST DO! Better go see it!

FolsomFan
03-03-2009, 10:29 AM
:eek::eek::eek: It's a MUST DO! Better go see it!

We saw it for the first time last week and enjoyed it more than we thought we would.

olegc
03-03-2009, 01:28 PM
well, if you give any stock to what Miceage writes, then Aladdin is not leaving anytime soon (the redo of the theater was placed into Phase 2 - sometime after 2011). however, that does not mean it will be around until 2011. they could put TS - the musical - in very quickly.

as for Fireworks the word is summer 09 - and usually they want some test runs prior to summer season starting - so they may finish Remember sometime in late April or very early may. who knows exact dates. .. they change anyway..

ryanvalle
03-03-2009, 01:32 PM
if they are going to do a new fireworks show, I think a likely time would be for the 55th anniversary.

I made a thread a few months back about a CM telling me about a new fireworks show coming in around march, and I got many responses back that all the new stuff for this year have been announced and its highly unlikely for them to throw a surprise at us.