PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrowland Terrace Band Reviews

ryanvalle
02-23-2009, 02:58 PM
Hi,
Tomorrowland Terrance has many guests bands and I am sure there are many repeat bands, some which are better than others.

I came to think, "Hey, what if we create a thread to review those bands?" It would allow visitors to have an idea of who to stop by and listen to and who they should skip and ignore.

I will start this thread off, and if it grows, that'd be great, and if it doesnt, then oh well.

ryanvalle
02-23-2009, 02:58 PM
Hi,
Tomorrowland Terrance has many guests bands and I am sure there are many repeat bands, some which are better than others.

I came to think, "Hey, what if we create a thread to review those bands?" It would allow visitors to have an idea of who to stop by and listen to and who they should skip and ignore.

I will start this thread off, and if it grows, that'd be great, and if it doesnt, then oh well.

ryanvalle
02-23-2009, 09:08 PM
Now that this thread has been approved by moderators, I'd like to review the first band.

80z All Stars.
In no way am I associated with the group.

I saw them perform at around 10pm on Sunday, February 22, 2009. I thought they did a great performance, singing lots of classic rock songs, none that I can recognize though (not much of a 80s rock fan - music sounds familiar, but I cant name any titles). It was obvious that they kept the crowd very entertained. People were dancing, jumping, and singing along. I even looked back to see a cast member trying to move in a subtle way! It was fun. It was also great how the group even went down to the crowd and got a guest to sing into the mike for the main chorus of one song. It was great. If I had to rate them, I'd give them 5/5 and would recommend sitting down (or standing up) to catch them perform at disneyland if you catch them.

danyoung
02-25-2009, 10:42 AM
I don't have any reviews, but I do need to point out that it's the Tomorrowland TERRACE, not Terrance. And this used to be my favorite place to see bands, back in my junior high and high school days. I was too young for clubs, of course, so DL was just about the only place to go and see live entertainment. I'm glad they're getting back to live shows in that area.

DisneyDustin22
02-25-2009, 11:21 AM
I'm biased for Sandbox. (as I shoot for them - see below) :p They put on a great show and will be back there on March 6th! They got rained out earlier this month so you can expect a good crowd this next time around. They have a loyal following, the Sandbrats! They do everything and anything from Metallica to Journey to Bon Jovi and everything in between. They, like most of the others too, will come out between sets and talk with the fans and take pics.

Tomasina is another good act. She (Tomasina) used to be the lead singer of Sandbox actually. So is Stellar and Instant Replay. 80's All Starz and Renuion are those "fun" bands.

Something else that's fun to watch, and participate in if you can, is the swing dancing every Sat night just to the left of the castle. There's always a rather large crowd of guests just observing over there. You can grab some food and head over to enjoy dinner and watch kids of all ages, 8 to 88 (literally!) swing the night away to some really good music.

Toocherie
02-25-2009, 11:44 AM
I watched Instant Replay one night and thought they were amazing.

jenniebean
02-25-2009, 11:54 AM
Everyone I've seen there has been really great, although I mentioned in a thread a while back that when one of the groups was covering John Mayer's "Waiting on the World to Change," it seemed quite ironic, as the lyrics are pretty anti-establishment, anti-big business ("when you trust your television/ what you get is what you got/ 'cause when they own the information/ they can bend it all they want")...

WITron
02-26-2009, 06:46 AM
Something else that's fun to watch, and participate in if you can, is the swing dancing every Sat night just to the left of the castle. There's always a rather large crowd of guests just observing over there. You can grab some food and head over to enjoy dinner and watch kids of all ages, 8 to 88 (literally!) swing the night away to some really good music.

I really miss Carnation Gardens. I remember the summer that I worked there and got to know the older regulars there, and sadly some of them have passed away, but they left an impression on quite a few people.

stan4d_steph
02-26-2009, 06:59 AM
When I lived in the area, we would often go see Barrage (http://www.barrage.org/)when they were playing. Great shows.

danyoung
02-26-2009, 07:53 AM
I've had the pleasure of seeing Barrage both in DL on the TLT stage and in Epcot on the American Gardens Stage. Really great show!

disney jones
02-26-2009, 11:30 AM
i thank my lucky stars when we catch Elvis (Scott Bruce) or a Beatles Fab 4 band. It's great to give the DDs a semblance of the way it was back in the day.

dmdec21
03-02-2009, 12:55 PM
One of my favorite bands to watch is Rumble King, they play in the TLT and DTD in front of house of blues. Great rock N roll/swing/blues/DooWop.

DisneyDustin22
03-06-2009, 10:05 AM
Hey I'm just reminding all of you to come out to the TLT stage tonight and watch Sandbox. I'll be there shooting. Stop by and say hello! We were rained out last month. No rain tonight!!!!!! :cool:

www.sandboxband.net

9volt
03-11-2009, 04:44 PM
Is there a place online where one could check out an upcoming schedule for bands playing at Tomorrowland Terrace?

stan4d_steph
03-20-2009, 06:01 AM
Is there a place online where one could check out an upcoming schedule for bands playing at Tomorrowland Terrace?I haven't seen a site that keeps this information online. There certainly isn't an official Disney page. You might try searching MySpace. A lot of smaller bands have pages there and list their gigs.

DisneyDustin22
03-20-2009, 06:35 AM
Is there a place online where one could check out an upcoming schedule for bands playing at Tomorrowland Terrace?

The official Disneyland website does post who is playing on the daily calendar schedule. It's usually updated a month or so in advance.

For example here is tonight - http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/calendar/daily/daily?name=CalendarDailyPage&date=20090320

9volt
03-22-2009, 10:33 AM
Thanks, guys.

Also, which stage do the bands normally play on? Do they play on the Jedi Training Academy stage, at the south end of TT? Or on the north side stage, closer to the subs?

oregontraveler
03-22-2009, 11:35 AM
Didn't know there were 2 stages, but the bands use the Jedi stage.

disneyfn
03-24-2009, 12:32 PM
not being there at nite much,do they still have dancing at the terrace?