PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jackson Auction of Disneyland Memorabilia

Pages : [1] 2

ladodgerjon
02-23-2009, 12:38 PM
You might want to visit the website of Julien's auctions (at: www.juliensauctions.com the firm responsible for holding a massive auction of Jackson's belongings from his former Neverland Estate near Santa Barbara...

The auction will take place April 22nd-25th in Beverly Hills.

There are several catalogs that include home furnishing, statuary, career related items... AND hundreds of items that relate to Walt Disney, Disney films, and Disneyland.

While there are approximately 3 or 4 of Walt's autographs for sale, I think I was personally taken by the Gepetto and Pinocchio character heads from WDW. Prices listed don't seem to be unrealistic...

If nothing else, you should take a look to see hoe huge amounts of money are able to accumulate huge amounts of... stuff.

AVP
02-23-2009, 01:13 PM
Prices listed don't seem to be unrealistic...I have to wonder if those are teaser prices, and they expect the bids to be far, far higher. (This of a 99c opening eBay bid on something you know is worth - and will sell for - $1000s) It gets people interested, but it's not going to go that cheaply. Seriously, if they'll accept $120 for lot 1067, I'll cut a check today.

AVP

ladodgerjon
02-24-2009, 08:58 AM
Those are definitely "teaser" rates... but they are also minimums (the auction house won't allow an item to be sold unless the minimum posted amount has been met).

That said, I think they are VERY hopeful that these items will sell for well above the printed amounts in the guidebooks... but also realize that with so much wealth evaporated from the world these past several months, that all bets are off. Many folks simply don't have the dollars to spend on a used arcade game or Cinderella diorama. It's anybody's guess as to how much money they can get for this stuff...

Bolivar
02-24-2009, 10:15 AM
To side track this for just a second, the mention of the auction including some of Walt's autographs makes me ask the dumb question, does his signature have value?

I ask just out of curiosity. My mother belonged to an organization that helped children and each chapter of the organization has a name. Her chapter used the name and likeness of a Disney character. When the chapter was set up in the late 1960s, they wrote to the Walt Disney Company asking for permission to use the name and likeness. The letter they received in return was from Walt himself giving them permission and signed by him. I have held that letter in my hand and it used to be stored in a filing cabinet in our house, though now that my mother has passed she is obviously not in the organization any more and I have no connection to that letter, but I am just curious if it has monetary value.

EmmasMom
02-24-2009, 08:25 PM
huge amounts of money are able to accumulate huge amounts of... stuff.

Wow, all I can say is wow. It is kind of sad though.

And what is with all those creepy life-like statues?

TTFN92
02-24-2009, 09:17 PM
Does anyone know why he is selling all of this stuff?

All I can say is that he has a lot of stuff! So much of it is weird too, at least what I looked at.

emmah
02-24-2009, 10:15 PM
there are enough arcade games there to stock a couple of pretty big arcades. what on earth did he *do* with all that stuff???? i've always wondered how it could be possible to spend all that money... amazing.

ktrm
02-24-2009, 10:34 PM
Wow lot number 989 with the painted picture of Michael Jackson as Peter Pan on the golf cart really surprised me.

CV12Pirate
02-25-2009, 03:12 AM
Does anyone know why he is selling all of this stuff?

Because he is a pervert and needs the money to pay off children's parent's. The only thing worse than a child molester is the lawyer who gets them no jail time.

june1st1997
02-25-2009, 05:47 PM
Ya, there are some nice Disney pieces. But I find myself wondering... Is it good karma to buy this stuff?

He gives me an icky vibe. My daughter is really into Peter Pan right now, but there is no way I would buy her a poster that was owned by Michael Jackson. It just feels creepy.

Sounds like I might not be the only one who feels this way.

Squeaky
02-28-2009, 08:38 AM
... Is it good karma to buy this stuff?

...Sounds like I might not be the only one who feels this way.

My thoughts exactly!!

Jodi
03-01-2009, 08:25 AM
There is some pretty neat stuff in there, some of the antiques are pretty interesting.

Most of the stuff, however, is just plain creepy. Why on earth would anyone have that many "life size" dolls and figurines around? I really think that this shows that he is truly a disturbed person.

ladodgerjon
03-06-2009, 01:24 PM
From the KTLA website (3/6/09):

LOS ANGELES -- A faded superstar claims memorabilia was stolen from him, but this time it's not O.J.

Michael Jackson contends in a lawsuit that his famous left-hand glove, the entry gates to his Neverland Ranch, dozens of child statues, luxury cars and nearly 2,000 other items are being kept illegally by a Beverly Hills auction house that plans to put them on the block next month.

Among other allegations in the suit, filed Wednesday in Los Angeles County Superior Court, was that Julien's Auction House broke its contract with the singer by not allowing him to view photographs of the items and choose the ones he wanted withheld from the sale.

But the situation isn't as simple as one, two, three.

Darren Julien -- owner of the company that has auctioned possessions of Cher, Barbra Streisand, Marilyn Monroe and others -- said there was no such provision in the contract with the singer's company, MJJ Productions. Even so, Julien said his firm had returned several items Jackson wanted withheld, including three cars.

"Everything has been aboveboard," said Julien, who was in Ireland exhibiting Jackson items -- including the white glove worn during performances of his 1983 hit "Billie Jean" -- to publicize the April 22-25 auction at the Beverly Hilton.

Alan Gutman, an attorney who filed the suit for Jackson's firm, declined to comment.

Julien said he was asked to come to the Santa Barbara County ranch in July, where he spoke to Jackson by phone. "I don't know where he was, maybe Las Vegas," Julien said. A deal was struck to take the items to prepare for auction, he said. Hauling them off took 10 semi-trailer trucks.

Julien estimated the auction could bring as much as $3 million. That would beat what O.J. Simpson got in December for illegally retrieving memorabilia from a dealer in Las Vegas -- nine years in prison.

AZCardsGirl
03-07-2009, 01:59 PM
Yeah, put me in the "too creepy to own" group.

DisneyDork69
03-27-2009, 11:58 AM
Regardless of what you think personally of MJ, the FACT remains that he IS and WILL ALWAYS BE the greatest entertainer that has ever graced this Earth....he was PROVEN INNOCENT of any criminal activity and to this day, no one else has made any accusations against MJ....the lawsuits he settled were because it was eaiser to shell out a couple million to make bogus people go away....the last lawsuit, MJ had had enough and wanted to prove his innocence AND HE DID!!!.....the collection that MJ has amassed over the years is quite valueable....he did live in clutter at Never Land Ranch....the reason he is selling this collection is because he no longer has the wealth to maintain the ranch and these items....but with his 50-date concert series booked for London, followed by a concert TV broadcast and then hopefully a US concert tour, that too will change...I would LOVE and be HONORED to buy any item from this sale.....especially any of the Disney items....Jon C

CV12Pirate
03-27-2009, 02:44 PM
The neverland makeover and skin bleach clinic. Doctor, doctor!

Bytebear
03-27-2009, 03:25 PM
the FACT remains that he IS and WILL ALWAYS BE the greatest entertainer that has ever graced this Earth

One word: ELVIS

myckle
03-30-2009, 09:48 AM
Because he is a pervert and needs the money to pay off children's parent's. The only thing worse than a child molester is the lawyer who gets them no jail time.

no sorry but um ur way worse off then any of the 2... ur judging some1 that was PROVEN not guilty... its easy for any1 to say oh he touched me... or he did this or that... ur just as bad as them...
so the only real pervert here is u CV12 for even thinking about sum1 touching another kid... :rolleyes:
im not even a fan of MJ but ur just wrong... in so many ways... u think cos u read things u know... dont believe everything u read honey... :fez:

Mickeygirlforever
03-30-2009, 09:50 AM
A lot of that stuff is WAY creepy!! All those life sized people would scare me in my house!!! The Disney stuff is a little odd too. I would like the Walt autograph, but the rest of the Disney stuff is a little weird for me. The lifesized Peter Pan shocking Captain Hook is intriguing though :P

CV12Pirate
03-30-2009, 05:12 PM
no sorry but um ur way worse off then any of the 2... ur judging some1 that was PROVEN not guilty... its easy for any1 to say oh he touched me... or he did this or that... ur just as bad as them...
so the only real pervert here is u CV12 for even thinking about sum1 touching another kid... :rolleyes:
im not even a fan of MJ but ur just wrong... in so many ways... u think cos u read things u know... dont believe everything u read honey... :fez:

I have never been charged with what he has and if you call me a PERVERT again or accuse me of anything I will find you and file a five (5) million dollar civil suit against you charging slander and defamation of character.

I mean it! :mad:

Promo-Man
03-30-2009, 05:15 PM
There are some things that I would want if I had the money

AVP
03-31-2009, 09:08 AM
It's time for a brief reminder about one of the MousePad Community Policies:

Discuss the message, not the messenger (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=7983)

We do not allow name-calling, ad hominem attacks or personal insults on MousePad. If you disagree with a poster, you may debate the points in the discussion, but you may not turn your argument into a discussion of the poster themselves.

This rule applies equally to public posts, private messages, visitor messages and e-mail sent through the MousePad service. Depending on severity and frequency, violations may result in a warning or the suspension or revocation of your MousePad account.

If you feel that a member is engaged in this behavior, please use the "report" function to alert the MousePad Moderators. If you choose to engage in similar behavior, you may face disciplinary action as well.

CindyR
04-02-2009, 07:02 PM
Neverland Ranch had an amusement park type area didn't it? That would explain the gold carts and arcade games and so on. Obviously he was a big Disney fan so I'm wondering if he was trying to theme areas of his residence similarly to Disneyland? Otherwise items like life size statues of people and knights are so strange. if they were supposed to be set up in scenes or something its a bit more understandable.

Either way that is a ridiculous amount of stuff! I know there were always rumors about his crazy spending habits but there's the proof. I definately think a lot of that will sell well above the listed prices. They must be minimums. There are some cool items, I can see the weirdness of buying them though.

Bytebear
04-02-2009, 07:26 PM
The entrance to Neverland ranch is very similar to the Disneyland entrance plaza, except instead of a Mickey Mouse head, there is a clock made of flowers. beyond that, the similarities end. It is a very large ranch, with small roads connecting various buildings and a few rides scattered around.

bsegel
04-04-2009, 09:51 PM
To side track this for just a second, the mention of the auction including some of Walt's autographs makes me ask the dumb question, does his signature have value?

Walts signature is actually one of the most sought after autograph in the world. Most of what you see on eBay are forgeries because of that.

Anyone who comes across an autograph they feel, or know, is Walts should have it examined by someone like Phil Sears (http://www.phil-sears.com/walt.htm). (I don't have any connection with Mr. Sears, I just know he's one of the most respected people in the business who specializes in Walt's signature). You'll need a Certificate of Authenticity from someone like Mr. Sears if you expect to sell it and get top dollar, which for Walt is in the thousands.