PDA

View Full Version : HMH monkeys band!

Laffite
12-20-2002, 10:33 PM
Hi Guys!

Look what I got for Christmas! Three (replica) monkeys from the HMH. Now, whenever I go on HMH, I no longer have to sigh and say "they don't have the monkeys anymore :rolleyes:" because now I can just come home and play with my very own monkey to the delight of my heart :D

In fact, I bought 3 and they got shipped from Seattle this week. And here they are (http://home.earthlink.net/~captbulldog/117-1749_IMG.JPG), all 3 of them sitting on (appropriately) the Haunted Mansion.

And here they are in action! (http://home.earthlink.net/~captbulldog/117-1753_MVI.AVI) (AVI file, 3.7mb). (it'll probably work better if you right click on the link and "Save Target As"). The music they play are clashing each other hence the weird sound you hear on the video. And with all 3 of them clanging, they got annoying really fast too.

And you can also hear the original monkeys in the attic clanging away (http://home.earthlink.net/~captbulldog/Attic_(With_Monkey_Clanging.mp3). (309kb). Sorry, I don't know who is the author of this mp3

If these monkeys aren't the ones from HMH, then they must be exact replicas! And apparently these monkeys are expensive too. They run on 3 AA batteries.

Not only that. They're dangerous as well. Operating the monkeys in my office causes interference on my tv and causes erratic mouse movements.

I would have posted this sooner but I got one of the monkeys for trintara, so she would have found out :)

Preston

DLfreak
12-21-2002, 07:32 AM
That is so cool!!! :) I am totally and completely envious of you!!! ;) :D
Where exactly did you buy these monkeys?? :)

Mully
12-23-2002, 11:45 AM
Ok, I'm new to MP and this is my first post. I can not, for the life of me, remember where these monkeys were in the HM.

Please Help! :confused:

Thanks
Mully

hbquikcomjamesl
12-23-2002, 11:49 AM
Why were they banned?

mad4mky
12-23-2002, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Mully
Ok, I'm new to MP and this is my first post. I can not, for the life of me, remember where these monkeys were in the HM.

Please Help! :confused:

Thanks
Mully

In the attic...the room before you go down into the cemetery.

Mully
12-23-2002, 11:53 AM
OH YEAH!

Thanks M4M!!! :D

Not Afraid
12-23-2002, 11:55 AM
I thought I heaard one in the Attic yesterday. Hmmmm, must've been wishful thinking.;)

SzczerbiakManiac
12-23-2002, 02:00 PM
Not Afraid wrote:
I thought I heaard one in the Attic yesterday.Naw, that was the sound of little nuts and bolts falling off of the gearworks due to being clogged with ash....
:rolleyes: :~) ;)

tod
12-23-2002, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by SzczerbiakManiac
Naw, that was the sound of little nuts and bolts falling off of the gearworks due to being clogged with ash....
:rolleyes: :~) ;)

OUCH!!

--T :~D

Flubber
12-23-2002, 05:10 PM
Through the generosity of a couple of MPers I too am now the proud owner of one of these monkeys. He is going to be a new holiday tradition under my tree.

The Christmas Magic of Mister Monkey.
Listen to him play Jingle Bells:
ClangClangClangClangClangEeeeeeeEeeeeeClangClang

Who can deny the magic of Mister Monkey's rendition of Silent Night:

or the good times when Mister Monkey plays Frosty the Snowman:

I get misty eyed just thinking about about it. :crying:

Laffite
12-23-2002, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Flubber
Through the generosity of a couple of MPers I too am now the proud owner of one of these monkeys. He is going to be a new holiday tradition under my tree.

The Christmas Magic of Mister Monkey.
Listen to him play Jingle Bells:

Who can deny the magic of Mister Monkey's rendition of Silent Night:

or the good times when Mister Monkey plays Frosty the Snowman:

I get misty eyed just thinking about about it. :crying:

Exactly!