PDA

View Full Version : I met a Mouseplanet-ite in Disneyland!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

HTanner
02-18-2009, 07:15 PM
Random experience... I was in the candy store by Splash Mountain with my friend yesterday. We had just been talking about mouseplanet. She's a Disney fan and had never heard of the planet. We are in line and she strikes up a conversation with the two women and kids behind us (one with a beanie hat....). Turns out, they are from mouseplanet!!!

So, hello, guys! Alice in Wonderland.... I promised I would post something for ya.

We were the moms who (shhh) left their kids with grandma and made a girls only trip to Disneyland.

Has anyone else randomly run into anyone from mouseplanet in the park?

ryanvalle
02-18-2009, 08:39 PM
Random experience... I was in the candy store by Splash Mountain with my friend yesterday. We had just been talking about mouseplanet. She's a Disney fan and had never heard of the planet. We are in line and she strikes up a conversation with the two women and kids behind us (one with a beanie hat....). Turns out, they are from mouseplanet!!!

So, hello, guys! Alice in Wonderland.... I promised I would post something for ya.

We were the moms who (shhh) left their kids with grandma and made a girls only trip to Disneyland.

I havent just yet, or I dont think I have, but I am curious, where did you tell the kids you were going? I'm sure they would've be saddened that they didn't go to disneyland.

Malcon10t
02-18-2009, 08:56 PM
Has anyone else randomly run into anyone from mouseplanet in the park?Yep. Don't know who they are usually. They recognize us by the dog. Usually goes something like this:

Waiting in the HA line at Space, at the spot where the regular line gets grouped...

Person from regular line: Hey, are you Malcon10t or MickeyDogMom??
Me: Yep, Malcon10t.
Person: I thought I recongized the dog, nice to see you... (as they leave for grouping)

Now, I am sure there are people out there with a dog that get asked "are you Malcon10t or MickeyDogMom??" but that's their problem!

adriennek
02-18-2009, 09:01 PM
I havent just yet, or I dont think I have, but I am curious, where did you tell the kids you were going? I'm sure they would've be saddened that they didn't go to disneyland.

You know, I've done this more than once. Doc and I take two weekends a year to go to DLR without the kids. ;) They get over it just fine. :)

Adrienne

HTanner
02-18-2009, 09:06 PM

Actually, they were ok with it. I was just honest with them. They went to see their cousins and grandma - which they were dying to do. They know we are planning a trip in April for Natalie's birthday (my daughter), so they did not feel too bad. They know Mommy will always be planning another trip to DL... LOL.

I thought *I* would feel too guilty to go - but it was rejuvenating. Now I can't wait for my kids to get back from Utah and to start planning the April trip!

ryanvalle
02-18-2009, 09:11 PM
Actually, they were ok with it. I was just honest with them. They went to see their cousins and grandma - which they were dying to do. They know we are planning a trip in April for Natalie's birthday (my daughter), so they did not feel too bad. They know Mommy will always be planning another trip to DL... LOL.

I thought *I* would feel too guilty to go - but it was rejuvenating. Now I can't wait for my kids to get back from Utah and to start planning the April trip!

I wonder how I would handle it with my (future) kids. haha. Perhaps I should raise then to hate disney so they would say something like, "I dont want to go daddy." that way, I would have no guilt trip :)

Sarah B in SD
02-19-2009, 04:44 AM
I ran into a a fellow MP'r at the Bengal BBQ once, I offered to share our table, then we started chatting about MP.
We coincidently were on one of our Mom & Dad only trips...like HTanner, we are honest, we live in San Diego, so our kid gets the opportunity to go to Disneyland quite often, sometimes Mom & Dad need a trip by ourselves...

Tinkermommy
02-19-2009, 04:57 AM
Just once; it was on Disneyland's birthday, and there were a lot of MPers in the park. In fact, there were morning and dinner meets. But I did randomly encounter janell and her mom inside Disneyana. Her mom had a MousePlanet button on her hat, so I approached her. They were so nice we ended up having dinner with them.

PhiSigDuchessCV
02-19-2009, 07:55 AM
Not so much in Disneyland but at other places around town.

For instance I was at a Scrampers, a scrapbook store in Torrance, CA, last week taking a class in how to use my Cricut. There was a MPer in the class, her name was either GrumpyGrandma or GrumpyGramma not sure. And her daughter is on MP as well.

Turns out someone who works at the University with me is on mouseplanet although he doesn't post much he said. (Hi Ken, you should post a hello) :)

UsBurchs
02-19-2009, 08:30 AM
Well, I met a Mouseplanet friend after I'd known her for several years already. We were at a get-together with other preschool moms and as we talked about our love for Disneyland/Disney World, we discovered each other had been on Mouseplanet for several years and we didn't know it was each other we had seen online! LOL!!!

I've met people ON PURPOSE from Mouseplanet after finding out they were going to WDW at the same time we were. That was fun! Adrienne (MisDisney) was even flying out on the same flight as we were! Loved that! I met up with Katrina (KJSPipe) at Magic Kingdom for about five minutes one night. It's neat to connect with e-pen-pals. A new, modern pen pal. :)

Matterhorn Yodeler
02-19-2009, 08:42 AM
Like Malcon10t, I was recognized, because I was with my guide dog puppy. It was at the AP Preview of Toy Story Midway Mania and HisKid1 came up to me!

Then about two months later, I'm standing just inside the bag check on the Esplanade waiting for my cousins to go through and who should I bump into, but HisKid1, who was leaving after a quick one hour stop at DCA!

AVP
02-19-2009, 08:53 AM
I run into MousePlanet readers quite often at the park - usually CMs who recognize my name on my AP!

AVP

HTanner
02-19-2009, 10:02 AM
Its a small world...

dlfansx4
02-19-2009, 10:06 AM
Not so much in Disneyland but at other places around town.

For instance I was at a Scrampers, a scrapbook store in Torrance, CA, last week taking a class in how to use my Cricut. There was a MPer in the class, her name was either GrumpyGrandma or GrumpyGramma not sure. And her daughter is on MP as well.

Oh, another South Bay MP :-) I wonder if I have run into you at DL or somewhere in Torrance and didn't even know it.

As far as I know, there is only one MP that I know in person and we know each other from a mutual friend, not DL.

jenniebean
02-19-2009, 10:11 AM
When my mom does her annual "girls trip" to WDW with her friends, I'm definitely bitter, but I know it means guilt-gifts for me, which kind of makes it better.

Not yet, but I've caught people reading over my shoulder when I'm checking it on my blackberry.

Now, I am sure there are people out there with a dog that get asked "are you Malcon10t or MickeyDogMom??" but that's their problem!
lol, that's always my instinct! But then I'll stop myself & be like, "hey, I'd be hearing more about it in the trip planning/countdown if it were them... these are just other really nice guide dog people."

Niwel
02-19-2009, 10:25 AM
I've been in line for an attraction and heard someone shouting "Niwel" or "it's the crazy straw lady"

janell
02-19-2009, 11:53 AM
Just once; it was on Disneyland's birthday, and there were a lot of MPers in the park. In fact, there were morning and dinner meets. But I did randomly encounter janell and her mom inside Disneyana. Her mom had a MousePlanet button on her hat, so I approached her. They were so nice we ended up having dinner with them.

I remember that day. :) It was nice to meet you and your daughter that day and have dinner. I hope we can do it again.

Its fun to run into other padders. We have run into AVP a few times. Its always fun to see her. We spot each other by the Vera Bradley bags. lol

The days that are set up meetings are fun too. We have done a few of those and the July meet is already on our calenders. :)

bathtubs
02-19-2009, 12:19 PM
I am not allowed to say that I learned something on here unless we are alone (no one in ear shot distance). My boys 17 and 15 are so embaressed that their mom is a 'Disney freak' not that a Disney freak wife is a claim to fame that my hubby boasts of either.
So sadly I will never meet any of you in person.
kelly

mousecanuck
02-19-2009, 04:02 PM
Back in December (3-7) as we were waiting for the shuttle, disneyfan4ever54 (I'm pretty sure that's who it was!!!) saw my Mickey pendant and asked me straight up if I was a 'Mouseplaneter'. She was really nice, took the same shuttle (the SLOOOWWWWEESSSSTTTT shuttle ever, I'm sure). She & her son (who was a hoot - he is a video game nut and full of facts about 'stuff') stayed at the HoJo, we at the Carousel (which is apparently where they usually stay but they got a deal on HoJo's this time). She gave me lots of good info we didn't know - partly thanks to her we happened to come out of the shop near Snow White's Scary Adventure at the right time and ta-da - there was the Dream Team with Fast Passes for all ('course it wasn't all that busy that day, but it was fun getting them anyhow).

mousecanuck
02-19-2009, 04:04 PM
I can relate, bathtubs - my kids don't mind too much, yet but my husband just shakes his head. Once we got those dream fastpasses he changed his tune a bit, but still says I spend too much time on here (now that our trip is done and another one not on the horizon for a few years...!)

nbaum
02-19-2009, 04:15 PM
I have not met anyone from here IRL, but that would be fun!

newhdplayer
02-19-2009, 07:02 PM
What do these MP'ers look like? Are there any distinguishing characteristics (besides Vera Bradley bags, and guide dogs in training)?

I, for example, have a goatee (currently), and wear glasses.

bananaman20
02-19-2009, 07:19 PM
I have a black fanny pack that says Pin-o-Rama on it :)

mkraemer
02-19-2009, 07:21 PM
I often see Mouseplanet people in the park. Oh wait, I see them in the mirror!

mkraemer
02-19-2009, 07:23 PM
You know, I've done this more than once. Doc and I take two weekends a year to go to DLR without the kids. ;) They get over it just fine. :)

Adrienne

My kids would smother me in my sleep if I did that. I'm just saying...