PDA

View Full Version : Pixie Hollow...day time or night time?

Pages : [1] 2

jenpace
02-18-2009, 10:30 AM
We were at DL when Pixie Hollow 1st opened in October but never seemed to get there before lines were outrageously long. Last week my 6 y/o dd and I finally got to do the meet and greet and it was really fun.

I'm wondering if it might be just a little bit more magical at night with all the beautiful lighting? Has anyone done both and have an opinion?

TIA :)

Jenn

Disney Donna
02-18-2009, 12:28 PM
I've been there at night time -- it is very magical!

However, if you take pictures with your own camera, the photos may not turn out as good (depending on your photography skills and camera). But as I recall, there's a Disney photographer there and you would get great photos, I'm sure, if you are willing to spend the $ for them.

potzbie
02-18-2009, 03:16 PM
Wait a minute.
Isn't it true that all character meet-and-greet events close down at 5:00 p.m.?
That is well before sunset, i.e., well before dark.
Are you taking pictures of the physical environment, or taking pictures of the face characters in their physical environment?

torquedork
02-18-2009, 03:41 PM
Wait a minute.
That is well before sunset, i.e., well before dark.
Are you taking pictures of the physical environment, or taking pictures of the face characters in their physical environment?

meet and greet usually tend to be between 5 and 6 p.m

jenpace
02-18-2009, 04:29 PM
Wait a minute.

Oh, good point! I was hoping that when we return in May the meet and greet hours might be extended past the 5:00 pm closing...

I could have sworn that I saw some photos of it being open at night...it's possible that I'm way off on this though :geek:

~Jenn

torquedork
02-18-2009, 04:40 PM
I'm not real positive but the hours maybe different probably around 6 maybe 6:30 p.m after the time change in Spring

Disney Donna
02-18-2009, 08:47 PM
I can't remember exactly what time it was when I was at Pixie Hollow, but it was in early January when the days are shorter. It was definitely getting dark. When you go in May, there will be more daylight for a longer period of time.

AnimeNut
02-19-2009, 08:37 AM
I could have sworn that I saw some photos of it being open at night...it's possible that I'm way off on this though :geek:

Is it possible you were looking at photos of Pixie Hollow in Walt Disney World? Since theirs is indoors, it looks like the shots are taken at night.

jenpace
02-19-2009, 08:54 AM
Is it possible you were looking at photos of Pixie Hollow in Walt Disney World? Since theirs is indoors, it looks like the shots are taken at night.

Maybe....I might be remembering walking past it at night right before it's official opening and seeing it illuminated with really pretty colored lighting. In any case, it looks like it'll still be daylight before closing time when we go back in May :)

~Jenn

DizneyMommy
02-21-2009, 07:49 AM
I'm pretty sure it is either 5 or 6pm almost every night. I've never seen a schedule with anything later than that and I've never seen it open past dark either.

ESS Heckler
02-22-2009, 09:04 AM
I am taking my two nieces (5 & 3) to DLR in two weeks and I know they would LOVE to see the fairies. Where is this? Is it where Ariel used to be - between Tomorrow Land and Fantasy Land? (I haven't been to DLR in almost 2 years and I am almost as excited as the girls are!)

What other tips can you give us? Are the fairies there most days? It looks like they 'go home' around 6:00 most nights. We will be there from Sunday March 8 to Wednesday March 11th.

TIA for any info

torquedork
02-23-2009, 07:22 AM
I am taking my two nieces (5 & 3) to DLR in two weeks and I know they would LOVE to see the fairies. Where is this? Is it where Ariel used to be - between Tomorrow Land and Fantasy Land? (I haven't been to DLR in almost 2 years and I am almost as excited as the girls are!)

What other tips can you give us? Are the fairies there most days? It looks like they 'go home' around 6:00 most nights. We will be there from Sunday March 8 to Wednesday March 11th.

TIA for any info

Pixie Hollow is where Ariel used to be. This is what I heard is that their is two fairies currently out which one of them is Tinker Belle and I have no idea on how often they switch or knowing which one is first. Pixie Hollow might be closing maybe around 6:30 p.m since the time change would be on March 8th.

AnimeNut
02-23-2009, 05:01 PM
There's a path between the exit and the merchandise cart that allows you to peek between the leaves/grass and see who's there. However, by the time you get to the end of the queue, that line-up will probably have changed.

When I went, I got in ljne right at park opening. Only Rosetta and Tink were there. I've seen photos where Tink and 2 other pixies are there. I've even seen photos where all 5 are present.

Luck of the draw, I guess.

candles71
02-23-2009, 06:01 PM
The exit is where the line for Ariel used to be. The line starts across from the path to the wishing well.

ESS Heckler
02-24-2009, 06:01 AM
Awesome information - thanks!!

DizneyMommy
03-01-2009, 04:16 PM
When we went there were 3 "stops" once you got inside. At the first we saw 2 fairies, at the second we saw one, and at the 3rd we saw Tinkerbell and one other fairy. I haven't braved the line a second time since then, so I couldn't tell you if that is typical.

ESS Heckler
03-02-2009, 07:47 AM
Thanks DizneyMommy -

Just how long was the line?? And can you tell me what day/time of day you were there?

Thanks so much for the information. I really appreciate it.

julw
03-04-2009, 02:13 PM
We went this last Sunday, March 1, about 4:30 p.m. and the line was 40 min. We only had two faries, one in yellow and Tink.

ESS Heckler
03-05-2009, 08:16 AM
WOW!! Forty minutes. That's a long wait for two little fairy fans (and their aunt!!!) I think we will try and hit it after our Magic Morning/Early Entry and see if we have better luck.

DizneyMommy
03-08-2009, 07:51 AM
Thanks DizneyMommy -

Just how long was the line?? And can you tell me what day/time of day you were there?

Thanks so much for the information. I really appreciate it.

We went on Thursday November 2nd, it was totally raining, and we waited just over an hour I think. We had gotten in line right at park opening, but I think it was a magic morning so people had already gotten in line early. Every time we have gone since then, I have seen 45 minutes+ lines, we have yet to wait in the line again. We saw all of the fairies the first time, so I have no desire to wait that long again any time soon.

mrsdisney68
05-09-2009, 11:03 AM
Can someone tell me what this is?? It was not there last time we went, so I would like to know a little about it. Thanks as always.

Malcon10t
05-09-2009, 11:25 AM
Hi MrsDisney! I've merged your thread with another on the same topic.

Basically, Pixie Hollow is a Meet and Greet for Tinkerbelle. You get to meet 1 or 2 other Fairies also. It is where Ariel used to be for a meet and greet.

Darkbeer
05-09-2009, 12:20 PM
Note, Disney just installed a new fountain next to Pixie Hollow with lots of LED's under the water.

So during the Day, there will be the Meet and Greet, and this summer, the Fountain Light Show in the area (But no Characters at night).

Niele
05-10-2009, 05:53 PM
Note, Disney just installed a new fountain next to Pixie Hollow with lots of LED's under the water.

So during the Day, there will be the Meet and Greet, and this summer, the Fountain Light Show in the area (But no Characters at night).

This will be so very cool. Can't wait to take grandkids there in December. Many thanks for the info Darkbeer.

potterphreak
05-13-2009, 07:49 AM
We are going next week and are VERY excited to see the Fairies!! Now, I am wondering, what are the start and end times for the meet and greet? Checked Disneyland.com's calendar and it wasn't listed. :confused:

Thanks in advance for any and all help!