PDA

View Full Version : Studio Disney 365 to open in former Club Libby Lu location

AVP
02-18-2009, 10:03 AM
From my MousePlanet Blog (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/blog.php?b=358):

We reported in this week's Disneyland Resort Update (http://www.mouseplanet.com/8728/Disneyland_Resort_Update) that a new store our cast member source referred to as the "Star Shop" will soon open in the space recently vacated by Club Libby Lu. Another CM has provided the correct name for the store, "Studio Disney 365."

The store is described as a "salon and merchandise location," and may use some of the Club Libby Lu fixtures and stylist workspaces that still remain. One source tells us that Studio Disney 365 will offer fashion makeovers for both children and adults, and another said that there is a definite "Hollywood" vibe to the store. Customers reportedly take a post-makeover stroll down a "red carpet," and have the opportunity to purchase photographs of their transformation.

The concept may seem unusual, but I can see where this store would cater to people celebrating events in or around the Disneyland Resort. I was married at the Resort years ago, and would gladly have had my hair and makeup done on-property before my ceremony, instead of at a salon 20 minutes away, if I'd had the option at the time. I can see gaggles of prom-bound teenagers and groups of bridesmaids taking advantage of the service.

houseofmouse
02-18-2009, 10:46 AM
Sounds interesting. :)

cstephens
02-18-2009, 10:47 AM
Thanks for the warning that I need to continue to avoid the former Club Libby Lu location.

houseofmouse
02-18-2009, 10:53 AM
What's so bad about getting your hair done before a wedding or special occasion? No one even knows if it will be an adult/child clone of Libby Lu.

cstephens
02-18-2009, 10:55 AM
Being around "gaggles of prom-bound teenagers" just does not sound like my idea of a good time. I said nothing about it being bad - I just said I don't want to be around it. I wish they'd have it somewhere else on property rather than smack in the middle of Downtown Disney.

Niwel
02-18-2009, 10:59 AM
I wish they'd have it somewhere else on property rather than smack in the middle of Downtown Disney.

You're not the teeniest bit curious about what it will look like inside? ;)
I never walked into Club Libby Lu, but I saw it through the window just to say I've seen it.

NewfMom
02-18-2009, 12:09 PM
We enjoyed Libby Lu's and will miss it. My DD loved playing in all the lotions and potions and being able to be a "big" girl.

I like the idea of a "makeover" store. I can see where it has its place. Especially with all the makeover TV shows. Personally I like to have a professional do my makeup every decade to make sure I'm staying current without trying to be "too young". I think it would be a fun part of a vacation.

I also agree that if I lived near by I would probably stay clear if it wasn't on the agenda.

Bytebear
02-18-2009, 12:19 PM
It sounds like a hyped up Glamour Shots.

janell
02-18-2009, 01:16 PM
I wonder what they will charge for the make over? Hopefully its not to over the top in cost so that it will stay alive during this economic hard time.

disneylandgirl
02-18-2009, 02:10 PM
I think it sounds like fun! I wish it had been there for my birthday a couple of weeks ago.

I can only imagine that it will be expensive. Most salons are.

torquedork
02-18-2009, 03:46 PM
Being around "gaggles of prom-bound teenagers" just does not sound like my idea of a good time. I said nothing about it being bad - I just said I don't want to be around it. I wish they'd have it somewhere else on property rather than smack in the middle of Downtown Disney.

I'm definitely with you on this one. The store should be more towards the DTD parking lot where people like us don't have to deal with them so much.

WyoDisneyLuvr
02-18-2009, 06:15 PM
When is it planned to open?

AVP
02-18-2009, 06:43 PM
When is it planned to open?"Spring" is all that was announced to cast members.

AVP

VickiC
02-18-2009, 08:05 PM
I'm not in any hurry for my girls to be big girls. I'll steer clear.

mkraemer
02-19-2009, 07:34 PM
Sounds a little like it could be a version of Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, with a wider audience appeal???

tod
02-20-2009, 05:22 AM
So, like, they're offering a makeover to go with the character dress?

Sounds like Club Libby Lu (or, as Little tod called it, "Li'l Miss Harlot") all over again, but with a veneer of Disney respectability. Instead of Madonna, you'll look like ... Belle!

--t

Promo-Man
02-20-2009, 07:57 AM
It sounds like a fill in store until they can find someone to rent that location

leota's necklace
02-20-2009, 10:47 AM
Instead of Madonna, you'll look like ... Belle!

I think it's more likely you'll look like, erm, Hannah Montana. Blergh.

nursechrissy32
02-21-2009, 08:39 PM
I had a really bad impression of Libby Lu...we ventured into the store in October...I had avoided it up until this point....there were a million kids in there, the place was a disaster, and to make it worse, we stood in line for 15 minutes to buy Hannah Montana pink nails! :)

I would totally do the Cinderella makeover! hehe

RStar
02-22-2009, 08:24 AM
It sounds like a hyped up Glamour Shots.

That was my thought.

No matter what goes in there, at least it won't be empty! There will be so many empty spots soon, it's kinda depressing....

mkraemer
02-22-2009, 09:18 AM
If it's some kind of Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique shop, it will be very busy. The locations in Walt Disney World are enormously popular.