PDA

View Full Version : Hyperion Theater

Pages : [1] 2

Sarah B in SD
02-12-2009, 03:56 PM
I love the Aladdin Show, it's a highlight of DCA for me, feels like a real Broadway type production, and don't get me started on when Aladdin & Jasmine fly on the carpet and sing a whole new world, I openly sob everytime... but was wondering if there were any plans to Change the show?

oregontraveler
02-12-2009, 04:14 PM
The main rumour I hear is a Toy Story Musical will take its place sometime
in the next couple of years. Part of the whole 'do-over' project.

Bytebear
02-12-2009, 04:18 PM
Ugh. More Toy Story. Are they just going to change it from California Adventure to Toy Story Adventure? I don't mind too much Pixar, but Toy Story is too much. I would much rather have Finding Nemo, or a variation of the Lion King would be amazing.

MissDisney
02-12-2009, 07:51 PM
The Lion King would be great!!
I still <3 Aladdin though.... that genie is just so funny!!

ryanvalle
02-12-2009, 09:18 PM
I would love for them to stick to classics. I would especially love to see beauty and the beast come to that theater or even an broadway rendition of Enchanted. I think that'd be great.

ryanvalle
02-12-2009, 09:23 PM
Or make it the ultimate concert room by getting the jobros or hanna montana to perform there at weekly schedules :)

bananaman20
02-12-2009, 09:24 PM
A Lion King or Beauty and the Beast Musical would be awesome. But what about a stage version of High School Musical :D

jenniebean
02-12-2009, 09:28 PM
broadway rendition of Enchanted. I think that'd be great. Yes! When they performed a few of the songs at the Oscars last year, it was so clear how it could be staged for a musical! (although, if given a choice, I'd go with my Enchanted-themed ride I described in a thread from a few weeks ago over a show ;))

I haven't gotten a chance to see the Nemo musical in the AK, so I wouldn't mind if it came to me... I mean, I'm totes pixar'd out when it comes to attractions, but it's supposed to be a pretty impressive show.

PaperCutter92
02-12-2009, 09:28 PM
I'd wanna see Hunchback of Notre Dame..or maybe Hercules..they both had awesome soundtracks..

jenniebean
02-12-2009, 09:30 PM
Hercules.
The DCL had Hercules: the MUSEical on their ships for a while... I remember enjoying it quite a bit. Although, the Hercules my friend & I took a photo with in DCA two years ago was more creepy than cool-- stubbly arms & chest from where he had shaved for the part? Ewwwww

ryanvalle
02-12-2009, 09:31 PM
wall-e? hehe

Bytebear
02-13-2009, 08:25 AM
Yes! When they performed a few of the songs at the Oscars last year, it was so clear how it could be staged for a musical! (although, if given a choice, I'd go with my Enchanted-themed ride I described in a thread from a few weeks ago over a show ;))

I doubt you will see anything done with Enchanted. Unfortunately, due to royalty rights, they won't even have a face character in the parks because thay would have to pay Amy Adams every time the character is used.

FaithTrustPixieDust
02-13-2009, 09:04 AM
I'd like to see a Tarzan stage production. I think it would be great. I'm just praying they dont put a Toy Story musical. I can not stand Toy Story anymore they're doing too much with it.

Drince88
02-13-2009, 09:16 AM
If you compare the two Disney shows Ive seen of Tarzan and Toy story, I'll take Toy story every time. They used to have a Tarzan show at Animal Kingdom "Tarzan Rocks" and it had inline skaters and gymnasts, and a rock band and stuff. I guess I was NOT the target audience for it, because I usually found myself nodding off in it.

The Toy Story show that opened up about a year ago on the Wonder, though - is GREAT. The staging, the songs (especially Sid) really did the musical up right. I'd anticipate if they bring something Toy Story to the Hyperion, it'll be that same show, maybe tweaked a little because they could have a 'permanent' stage. But please not Tarzan Rocks!

The Beauty and the Beast stage show they do at the Studios is pretty good, too - but it's a little long in the tooth to bring into the Hyerion, IMHO.

MammaSilva
02-13-2009, 09:34 AM
there has already been a Hunchback show at Disneyland, I was not sorry to see it go, I had/have issues with that release...but they are my issues. We saw the show and it was well done with none of the issues that made me boycot the movie and promotional market items of said movie. They've done Beauty and the Beast and Pocohantas and Snow White. If Blast came back I'd CAMP in DCA to see the performances but it's not about yesterday it's about tomorrow, a Toy Story show would be ok but I'd like to see them go with something either 'more current' or more classic rather than do yet another pixar themed something or other in DCA.

Malcon10t
02-13-2009, 10:52 AM
If Blast came back I'd CAMP in DCA to see the performances I'll bring the hot chocolate or diet pepsi depending on the time of year! OK, I am a little better off, I have the DVD of the full Blast! show, but something about it in the Hyperion was just awesome.

MammaSilva
02-13-2009, 12:39 PM
We have the DVD AND got to see the show twice on tour in Sacramento...the full version just made me want "our" version even more...major sadness that they aren't touring anymore that I'm aware of.

Malcon10t
02-13-2009, 12:46 PM
We have the DVD AND got to see the show twice on tour in Sacramento...the full version just made me want "our" version even more...major sadness that they aren't touring anymore that I'm aware of.I never got to see the tour. Sure wanted to though. My ex was big time into DCI when he was young, and when we were going to go see it the first time, he started to blow it off, til I said "Its like watching a DCI show, only on stage!" He loved it too.

Tisha
02-13-2009, 04:44 PM
I wouldn't mind if they converted it into the Finding Nemo Musical at Disney World. That show was awesome!

ChurroGirl
02-14-2009, 12:35 PM
I like the idea of bringing back BLAST. Saw a little from a preview something a while back and wished it was still there.

I am HUGE into DCI! I loved the idea of having something like that at DCA.

No more Toy Story. I agree with almost everyone! Toy Story has ALOT of stuff throughout both parks and it should just share the spot light with other movies.

Love the idea of doing a Beauty and The Beast show, or even a Hunche Back.

Have yet to see Aladdin, everytime we went it was closed or not on a day it was performing:(

TTFN92
02-14-2009, 02:22 PM
Yes! When they performed a few of the songs at the Oscars last year, it was so clear how it could be staged for a musical! (although, if given a choice, I'd go with my Enchanted-themed ride I described in a thread from a few weeks ago over a show ;))

I haven't gotten a chance to see the Nemo musical in the AK, so I wouldn't mind if it came to me... I mean, I'm totes pixar'd out when it comes to attractions, but it's supposed to be a pretty impressive show.

Nemo in AK is great. We missed B&B, which I was really bummed about, but it is my friends' favorite show. I saw it at our local theater back in the 90s and that was really good, so I'm sure that would be great for DCA too.

I REALLY hope they don't do a Toy Story thing. That is just waaay too much.

jenniebean
02-14-2009, 04:21 PM
Nemo in AK is great. We missed B&B, which I was really bummed about, but it is my friends' favorite show. I saw it at our local theater back in the 90s and that was really good, so I'm sure that would be great for DCA too.
The WDW B&B isn't the same as the Broadway B&B... I haven't seen the WDW B&B since I was like, 14, but I remember liking it (& the Broadway one is my favorite show though!). I may or may not still be mad at an exboyfriend who made me miss my chance to see the Nemo one so... :rolleyes:

My Disney-obsessed fashion-major friend really wanted to do costuming for a stage production of Mulan, & my other Disney-obsessed theater-major friend wanted to direct it, but both of them heard through different sources (neither of which I remember, so I clearly can't vouch for the validity) that a Mulan stage show was already in the works... I wouldn't mind seeing it in DCA.

cstephens
02-14-2009, 09:00 PM
They used to have a Tarzan show at Animal Kingdom "Tarzan Rocks" and it had inline skaters and gymnasts, and a rock band and stuff. I guess I was NOT the target audience for it, because I usually found myself nodding off in it.

I'm a huge "Tarzan" fan, but I was told by friends that if I were to have gone to Animal Kingdom at the time the show was on, I should avoid it like the plague because they butchered the songs.

The Beauty and the Beast stage show they do at the Studios is pretty good, too - but it's a little long in the tooth to bring into the Hyerion, IMHO.

I've seen it once, and I thought it was just ok but I got bored during part of it. We skipped it on our last trip, and I can't imagine wanting to see it again.

there has already been a Hunchback show at Disneyland, I was not sorry to see it go, I had/have issues with that release...but they are my issues.

I've never seen the film, but I kind of got sucked into Festival of Fools towards the end of their run, and I loved it. I saw the WDW version once, and I thought it was ok, but I generally liked ours better.

MammaSilva
02-14-2009, 09:35 PM
If I didn't have such an issue with the animated release I have to say that the show at the park would have been one of my favs, it was fun and entertaining...but I carry a huge 'grudge' over issues that happened with a G rated animated DISNEY movie and my then 4 year old and 7 year old nieces...and a few scenes that I wouldn't rate PG much less G...

njdrummer
02-15-2009, 08:28 AM
Bring back BLAST! : )