PDA

View Full Version : UGGGGGGHHHHH. Strollers. DCA.

splbound
07-13-2001, 01:55 AM
Just had to scream. I have a 4 year old that is getting too big for a stroller, really, but whose little legs get tired after about 2 attractions. So I get a stroller. That said.....

EVERY single time I have been to DCA (Countless), someone jacks our stroller the second it is out of sight. Is this happening to everyone nowadays or just me? I spend 1/2 the day asking for a replacement. Does anyone have an idea to prevent this? I am thinking that maybe Disney should stop thinking about new attractions and install lo-jak on all in park strollers.

if anyone has any suggestions I welcome them.

P.S. As I was leaving DL today, I was by the main gate train station, and saw a stroller in full view parked with a brand new digital VCR, Nikon camera, and backpackhanging out...That's Gutsy!!!!

lisap
07-13-2001, 06:36 AM
I don't know if Adrienne suggested this or what, but I read somewhere that if you get a disposable diaper, coat it liberally with root bear and casually fold it and lay it on top of the stroller, no one will touch your stroller.

I tend to leave my stroller by Peter Pan and jaunt all over the area, returning later for it. Now, I think personal strollers are much safer than the rental ones, but I usually forget to take out my camera, purse, etc. Not smart, I know, but I still have trouble believing that anything bad will happen at Disneyland.

Alex S.
07-13-2001, 06:48 AM
Actually, leaving valuables in the stroller is probably a good way to prevent the stroller from being hijacked.

10% of park guests may be willing to hijack a stroller knowing that you can easily get a replacement, but only 0.1% of guests are willing to commit full-blown theft.

So, if you are willing to play the odds, I'd recommend leaving $1,000 in plain sight on the stroller. (Of course, once you've been victimized by the 0.1%, the 10% have no reason to restrain themselves.)

lisap
07-13-2001, 06:58 AM
Yes, and when you do that, please personal message me and let me know where you will be that day. I'll be glad to teach you a lesson.
:D

Lani
07-13-2001, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Alex Stroup
Actually, leaving valuables in the stroller is probably a good way to prevent the stroller from being hijacked. Great honk, Alex, that's horrible! Perhaps you should replace "valuables" with "junky diaper bag"?

lisap is right. The Unofficial Guide to Disneyland has for years recommended hanging an obviously dirty diaper off of a stroller handle. plopping what looks like a dirty diaper IN the stroller is just as good.

Lacrosse Boy
07-13-2001, 01:31 PM
You can always go get a replacement stroller for free! Also, people usually hi-jack strollers out of not knowing where their's is, revenge, or the cast member's "tidying up" The tidying up factor is a large one, no wonder guests seem to think that their stroller is getting ripped off!