PDA

View Full Version : Is Astro Blasters still going?

NewfMom
02-08-2009, 12:10 PM
We love Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters but it's not listed on the map and the links on the Disneyland web site seem to be disabled. Should we brace ourselves now?:(

Thanks!
NewfMom

Andrew
02-08-2009, 12:12 PM
It's still running, despite a mysterious absence (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/parks/attractions/detail?name=BuzzLightyearAttractionPage) from Disneyland's Web site.

NewfMom
02-08-2009, 12:17 PM
:D Whew! We were a little worried that we wouldn't be able to zap Zorg!-Cool Beans! Thx for the quick response.

Drince88
02-08-2009, 04:49 PM
Oh, if you like Buzz, make sure you check out Toy Story Midway Mania in DCA.

Bytebear
02-08-2009, 06:11 PM
I was looking at the interactice online map, and it's a pretty good little program, but the actual man graphics are a bit out of date. They have Finding Nemo, but the map shows the old lagoon without the new rock building. It seems they need to update it.

ScottC4746
02-09-2009, 04:02 AM
I was looking at the interactice online map, and it's a pretty good little program, but the actual man graphics are a bit out of date. They have Finding Nemo, but the map shows the old lagoon without the new rock building. It seems they need to update it.
I wish it would go. Between AstroBlaster and a simliar shoot em up attraction Toy Story Mania...I LOVE the latter.

houseofmouse
02-09-2009, 06:52 AM
I wish it would go. Between AstroBlaster and a simliar shoot em up attraction Toy Story Mania...I LOVE the latter.

You wish Buzz would go?? :eek: That is great fun! It is my parents favorite ride and I love sending and getting the pics! I have just now found out how to get really high scores! The ride is not even 5 years old yet. :)

Malcon10t
02-09-2009, 08:31 AM
I wish it would go. Between AstroBlaster and a simliar shoot em up attraction Toy Story Mania...I LOVE the latter.Using that idea, Matterhorn and BTMRR should go because we have Space Mountain. Indy should go because we have Star Tours.

Bytebear
02-09-2009, 08:35 AM
I don't really see how Indy and Star Tours are similar rides, but I agree, Astro Blaster is a fine ride, and it can be just as entertaining as Toy Story, and it certainly doesn't wear out your hand as much. I would love them to bering back Inner Space though. And of course the People Mover.

santoanderson
02-09-2009, 09:00 AM
Both rides are based on George Lucas movies.

corona
02-09-2009, 09:12 AM
anyone have a link to the interactive map?

Bytebear
02-09-2009, 09:18 AM
Go to Disneyland.com and then find the drop down menu "Explore" and click "resort map."

cynthia312
02-10-2009, 11:14 AM
Astro Blasters is such a fun ride!! How dare you wish for it to go!?

Malcon10t
02-10-2009, 12:28 PM
I don't really see how Indy and Star Tours are similar rides,Both are rocky/jerky rides. One is in a simulator where the screen is in front of you, the other moves through the simulation. Close your eyes, they are very similar. Just as Buzz and Toy Story are similar.

cstephens
02-10-2009, 12:39 PM
Both are rocky/jerky rides. One is in a simulator where the screen is in front of you, the other moves through the simulation. Close your eyes, they are very similar. Just as Buzz and Toy Story are similar.

But that's like saying that Pirates is similar to Small World because they're both boat rides and if you close your eyes and don't listen, you can't tell that one is about Pirates and one is about children.

I really think it's too simplistic to say that Indy and Star Tours are similiar.

disneylandgirl
02-10-2009, 02:00 PM
That's exactly it, they are SIMILAR. Indy and Star Tours are not exactly the same, nobody said that. Just like Small World and Pirates are not the same... but they are both boat rides which makes the SIMILAR. Right? What's wrong with them being similar?

bluekirty
02-10-2009, 02:38 PM
I remember first riding TSMM and really liking it, but I still wouldn't want to ever get rid of Astro Blasters. They're very different to me. Having to ride around and hit the targets in Astro Blasters is so much fun. While TSMM is a ton of fun, it really doesn't even need to move. They could set up different stations where the screen just changed and you'd get the same ride (but it is fun to be moved around).

I'm glad we have both.

ScottC4746
02-10-2009, 02:54 PM
I don't really see how Indy and Star Tours are similar rides, but I agree, Astro Blaster is a fine ride, and it can be just as entertaining as Toy Story, and it certainly doesn't wear out your hand as much. I would love them to bering back Inner Space though. And of course the People Mover.
Well, you got me there. By the time I get off Toy Story my arm is so numb.

ScottC4746
02-10-2009, 02:55 PM
But that's like saying that Pirates is similar to Small World because they're both boat rides and if you close your eyes and don't listen, you can't tell that one is about Pirates and one is about children.

I really think it's too simplistic to say that Indy and Star Tours are similiar.
Except one has drops and the other doesnt. :)

clockworkmonkey
02-12-2009, 08:52 AM
<KIDDING> Now that we've got Tower of Terror, isn't it time to dynamite that old Haunted Mansion? Who needs two ghost houses? </KIDDING>