PDA

View Full Version : Space Mountain Indoor Hallways - ewww

swcrazy
02-07-2009, 11:40 PM
So I was at the park today (2/7) and last Sunday (2/1) and noticed something very gross. Both nights we went on Space Mountain and when entering the building part of the line and walking through the hallways I saw tons of filth. The floors had clumps of what looked liked hair strewn about and there were bits of trash everywhere. The hallways also smelled like moldy feet. Now I can understand the mildewy smell tonight, since it rained today, but the rest? Are teenagers brushing their hair in line and emptying their brushes on the floor or has no one swept or dusted in a really long time? I just don't get it. Everything other part of the park is pretty clean but this is just disgusting. The place needs a thorough cleaning and some air fresheners.

Anyone else notice this recently? I've never in my 22 years of visiting the park complained at City Hall, but if it happens again I just might. I can understand maintenance cut backs and maybe this is just an accumulation of the day's traffic (we usually visit Space Mountain at night) but other opinions would be helpful especially those who ride early in the day. Thanks all.

ScottC4746
02-08-2009, 03:46 AM
I have noticed lately that the park is starting to show the effects of budget cuts across the lands but nothing that gross...ewww!!!

torquedork
02-08-2009, 07:40 AM
I had thought that I was going insane at first, but the main thing that I really noticed was the smell. To me the smell was of mulch more than anything else.

houseofmouse
02-08-2009, 07:54 AM
So has anyone told City Hall or called the Disneyland number?? I bet if enough people complained someone would make sure clean means clean. Maybe the custodian staff has just gotten lazy.:crying:
I have seen the way the movie theaters are "cleaned" eeww dont look under your seat!!:eek: Let's hope that doesn't happen here!

Bytebear
02-08-2009, 08:53 AM
That hall tracks in a lot of dirt. It is such a narrow hall that it accumulates a lot more than other walkways, and it seems not to get cleaned often, probably because it's a moving queue and so no sweeper can do their job without blocking guests.

BIRDGIRLS
02-08-2009, 01:15 PM
Egh. I noticed this in January... so gross..

ryanvalle
02-08-2009, 01:52 PM
last time I rode the ride is probably december or january. To me, the hallways always seemed dirty. The hallways are narrow, so trash bins are more distanced out. The hallways seem to generate a lot of static, so perhaps, that has an influence on dirt collection. And as mentioned, the narrow (indoor) rooms make it hard for CMs to be sent inside to clean up during hours. With the rain that has hit SoCal this past week, I am sure that made the dirt even worse, with people walking in with wet or even muddy shoes.

kaybee2
02-19-2009, 03:11 PM
Just returned from 3 days at DL (2/14-2/17) and noticed more trash around the park in general. Sad.

On Space, I noticed the messy/smelly hallways too. The clumps of hair looked more like "dust bunnies" to me, and there were quite a few of them. The smell was definitely worse when it rained.

PoomShanka
02-19-2009, 03:48 PM
I was shocked to noticed all the trash everywhere on our most recent trip this month. Flattened popcorn boxes, candy wrappers, cups, other food wrappers, ice cream sticks, crumpled maps, you name it. It was disgusting. :confused:

A year ago on our first trip in many years,I marveled at how meticulously neat everything was. That's how I had remembered it. In fact, while in Tomorrowland, my daughter's red bow fell out of her hair and when DH re-tracked our path to retrieve it about a minute later, it was in the process of being swept up into one of those bins!

Tan Da Man
02-20-2009, 12:06 AM
I was at DLR last month..and it really wasnt that bad

Turboman
02-20-2009, 06:39 AM
The ramps from Star Tours to Star Traders look like they've been the site of many blaster fights. They could use some TLC also.

pixiedustrocks
02-23-2009, 05:34 PM
EWWWW!!!!!! I think that at disneyland, tomorrowland is the filthiest for some reason.

Tan Da Man
02-23-2009, 05:49 PM
EWWWW!!!!!! I think that at disneyland, tomorrowland is the filthiest for some reason.

This could be a sign of the future

nbaum
02-23-2009, 07:44 PM
This could be a sign of the future

WALL·E already showed us that. ;)

ryanvalle
02-23-2009, 09:09 PM
Good news! I had a fastpass for SM last night and rode it at around 10:30pm. Upon entering the building, I saw a CM walking out with a broom and the dirt collecting thing a majig. However, I didn't realize it to be that much cleaner. I still noticed dirt collection on the sides of the halls.

I also noticed that I didnt build up as much static electricity walking down those halls.

CariBelle
02-24-2009, 09:20 AM
That hall tracks in a lot of dirt. It is such a narrow hall that it accumulates a lot more than other walkways, and it seems not to get cleaned often, probably because it's a moving queue and so no sweeper can do their job without blocking guests.

ITA. That building/walkway seems like it would be hard to maintain during parkhours and the way it's structured seems to draw in and keep dirt and odd bits of trash inside of it. Just the nature of the beast I think.

Bytebear
02-24-2009, 02:02 PM
ITA. That building/walkway seems like it would be hard to maintain during parkhours and the way it's structured seems to draw in and keep dirt and odd bits of trash inside of it. Just the nature of the beast I think.

It seems like the recent rains make the problem even worse.

hlr8705
02-24-2009, 04:29 PM
gross... i will be there in a month... i will see then lol