PDA

View Full Version : Left doesn't know what right is doing

Pages : [1] 2

ScottC4746
02-07-2009, 01:32 PM
I went this morning, rain and all, and tried to find a place to have breakfast with dry seating. Noticed all the restaurants that serve breakfast had the umbrella's zip corded closed so the guest could not ... gee ... use them to stay dry since the interior seats were all taken. Enough was enough...I went to City Hall where I was curtly advised that "...they are closed to avoid an inconveniance to the guest." That came across as to avoid an inconveniance to the cast members. I asked for a supervisor who advised me, "due to a wind advisory they are closed." I look out the window and if the leaves were any more still the trees would be dead. I guess that made since because of all the economic cut backs they may not have the grounds or utlility or what ever they call the guys in their white uniforms that dump the trash and handle such tasks, to quickly shut them before any damage or injuries occur. I ended up have scrablmed eggs, sausage, country potatoes and muffin that was not half badand the worst cup of Disney coffee I have ever had at Tommorw Land Terrace and sat under the monorail tracks to stay dry.
Has anyone else experianced a left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing at Disneyland?

Phantom2006
02-07-2009, 01:39 PM
I asked for a supervisor who advised me, "due to a wind advisory they are closed." I look out the window and if the leaves were any more still the trees would be dead.

Usually with rain comes wind. I am sure if the umbrellas were up and there was strong wind gust and the umbrella fell on you, you would be singing a different tune.

ScottC4746
02-07-2009, 01:42 PM
Point being though...the supervisor new why but the cast member...A CITY HALL CAST MEMBER...did not know this. Shouldn't they be in the loop on things like this?

Phantom2006
02-07-2009, 01:56 PM
With my experience with city hall they never know what is going on. A few years ago my friend and I were trying to find a place to eat. It was about 8pm on a Friday. Every place was closed. We went to city hall and they did not know what and they suggested we go to the mexican restaurant. We that was closed. The only place we could find that was open was the Plaza Inn and Tomorrowland Terrence (their food never tastes very well). So we ended up going to the Plaza Inn.

cstephens
02-07-2009, 03:32 PM
They don't open the umbrellas every time it calms down and then close them again five minutes later when the wind picks up again. Having the umbrellas closed when it's bad weather with the potential for wind is pretty standard.

disneyperson
02-07-2009, 04:50 PM
The umbrellas are designed to provide protection from the sun, not wind and rain.

explodingboy
02-07-2009, 10:21 PM
i live about 10 minutes away, and it has been quite windy along with the rain. i can understand why they do this, although it does seem quite inconvienent.

ryanvalle
02-07-2009, 10:57 PM
One would think that they would keep the umbrellas open, but its pretty standard that they close it when winds would be anticipated. Even at my school, they do the same thing.

Disneyland is always subject to the forces of nature, so it just needs to work with it, not against it. Thus they shut their umbrellas to prevent damage to property, and more importantly, their guests.

SpacedOutCM
02-08-2009, 10:51 PM
...I went to City Hall where I was curtly advised that "...they are closed to avoid an inconveniance to the guest." That came across as to avoid an inconveniance to the cast members. I asked for a supervisor who advised me, "due to a wind advisory they are closed."

...Point being though...the supervisor new why but the cast member...A CITY HALL CAST MEMBER...did not know this. Shouldn't they be in the loop on things like this?

I think the City Hall cast member was referring that an umbrella knocked over by wind will be an inconvenience to guests.

candles71
02-09-2009, 07:23 AM
That was my thought, its not like she can say its so you don't get smacked in the head;)

Drince88
02-09-2009, 07:27 AM
Are the umbrellas even big enough to keep the chairs around the table dry? Especially if there's ANY wind with the rain at all.

candles71
02-09-2009, 07:28 AM
Are the umbrellas even big enough to keep the chairs around the table dry? Especially if there's ANY wind with the rain at all.

Not in my opinion

DrinkupMeAttage
02-12-2009, 12:44 PM
One would think that they would keep the umbrellas open, but its pretty standard that they close it when winds would be anticipated. Even at my school, they do the same thing.

Disneyland is always subject to the forces of nature, so it just needs to work with it, not against it. Thus they shut their umbrellas to prevent damage to property, and more importantly, their guests.

Excellent point Ryan!

Can someone clarify something for me though? This complaint is about.............. Umbreallas?

Umbrellas. Just wow. Anyways, if each ride, or restaurant was to give and update about changes made for adverse weather conditions the poor City Hall CM's would have a brain overload and not retain half of the information given. They gave you the most education answer they could. Secondly, why were you going to CITY HALL to 'report' negligence of a RBT CM? The problem was you went to the wrong source for an answer that they really didn't have to supply you with. Why not ask the RBT manager why the umbrellas were not open and then they can have either their own employees open it, or call for custodial personell.

Malcon10t
02-13-2009, 10:05 AM
Umbrellas. Just wow. Anyways, if each ride, or restaurant was to give and update about changes made for adverse weather conditions the poor City Hall CM's would have a brain overload and not retain half of the information given. They gave you the most education answer they could. Secondly, why were you going to CITY HALL to 'report' negligence of a RBT CM? The problem was you went to the wrong source for an answer that they really didn't have to supply you with. Why not ask the RBT manager why the umbrellas were not open and then they can have either their own employees open it, or call for custodial personell.I have to agree. You would definitely get a better answer asking the CMs involved. And like has been mentioned, the umbrellas are for sun and not rain.

ScottC4746
02-13-2009, 03:36 PM
Excellent point Ryan!

Can someone clarify something for me though? This complaint is about.............. Umbreallas?

Umbrellas. Just wow. Anyways, if each ride, or restaurant was to give and update about changes made for adverse weather conditions the poor City Hall CM's would have a brain overload and not retain half of the information given. They gave you the most education answer they could. Secondly, why were you going to CITY HALL to 'report' negligence of a RBT CM? The problem was you went to the wrong source for an answer that they really didn't have to supply you with. Why not ask the RBT manager why the umbrellas were not open and then they can have either their own employees open it, or call for custodial personell.
Uh...because they were swamped with guest eating and the last time I had an issue at Riverbelle and asked for the manager it was 15 minutes before they left their position to get someone.

dsny1mom
02-14-2009, 06:20 PM
Uh...because they were swamped with guest eating and the last time I had an issue at Riverbelle and asked for the manager it was 15 minutes before they left their position to get someone.

What was the last issue you had at Riverbelle Terrace?

dsny1mom

ScottC4746
02-15-2009, 05:31 AM
What was the last issue you had at Riverbelle Terrace?

dsny1mom
We were there in October last year and the sodas were not filled completely. We noticed this when we reached our table. When I brought it to the cashiers attention she accused us of consuming the beverage. She really wasn't too interested in getting the manager, obviously she had to run the till, but to make matters worse, she was not too interested in asking someone else to get the manager.

DisneyDustin22
02-15-2009, 06:10 PM
Well from a food issue standpoint, once you purchase your items and leave the serving area, any issues that you have are subject to be questioned. Of course short of you receiving raw food or something obviously spoiled or rotten, etc. things of that nature. If you took a half filled beverage, paid for it, and walked away, even the Mgr would probably assume it was partially drunk after the fact.

FYI...next time just spill it on the floor and say someone bumped into you. Then you'll get a whole new one, probably filled to the top. ;)

RedGoat
02-16-2009, 12:06 AM
I had one of these things happen to me on V-day. I walked up to the security check point and opened my camera bag like I normally do and was advised that I may need to take my camera lens back to my hotel room or my car, because zoom lenses are not allowed in the park. :eek:

I told the guy that this was not a zoom lens (24-70mm) and that I normally bring a bigger lens with me and nobody has ever said anything about it. Eventually he ended up letting me through with my camera and lens.

While I was in the park, I decided to stop and talk to security. I told the CM about my experience at the security checkpoint and I asked him what the deal was with camera equipment and lenses. He told me that officially there is no rule against bringing large lenses into the park, however, if you are in the park taking photos for profit, you will not be allowed to bring your camera in.

Drince88
02-16-2009, 04:45 AM
While I was in the park, I decided to stop and talk to security. I told the CM about my experience at the security checkpoint....
See, this is a true right/left thing. You probably talked to a security CM inside the park, but the other was a BAG CHECK CM. They are not related to security side of the park at all, as I understand it.

ScottC4746
02-16-2009, 05:17 AM
Well from a food issue standpoint, once you purchase your items and leave the serving area, any issues that you have are subject to be questioned. Of course short of you receiving raw food or something obviously spoiled or rotten, etc. things of that nature. If you took a half filled beverage, paid for it, and walked away, even the Mgr would probably assume it was partially drunk after the fact.

FYI...next time just spill it on the floor and say someone bumped into you. Then you'll get a whole new one, probably filled to the top. ;)
Unfortunately, and as the manager agreed with me, plastic frosted lids are rather difficult to see through.

DisneyDustin22
02-16-2009, 07:41 AM
Lids are also meant to come off.

pbmouseman
02-16-2009, 08:05 AM
Lids are also meant to come off.

I'd be very offended if a CM hinted that I might have consumed some of my drink and returned it to "top it off" for free. Sure, you can check your drink as you're picking up your food, but if you're like many Disney customers you are trying to coordinate grabbing the food, napkins, straws, utensils and drinks for yourself and your children (in my case four). It would be inconsiderate to other customers if I were to dutifully remove six lids to inspect the fulness level of my drinks, then replace them before moving on to the seating area to eat. I tend to just grab everything and if something is wrong I go back up to sort it out (if it's important enough to do so).

I suspect you were joking about intentionally spilling the drink and lying. There's something ironic about intentionally lying to avoid being suspected of lying.

DisneyDustin22
02-16-2009, 08:36 AM
of course its a joke. i thought the ;) would've given that away. :rolleyes:

im just saying, i wouldnt let missing two sips of soda from my cup ruin my day.

sendkeys
02-16-2009, 10:50 AM
Disney should pony up and buy some windproof umbrellas. They make them and the rest of the world doesn't close up there umbrellas when its rains and light wind comes. Heavy wind i would understand but if it was heavy wind people wouldn't want to sit outside and eat. They could even at some locations install steel safety lines interlinking each umbrella attached to the main walls. I would have to guess all the engineers want to do this but marketing holds them back.