PDA

View Full Version : MAJOR changes coming to the Electrical Parade!

Pages : [1] 2 3

KentB3
02-06-2009, 12:37 AM
Disney's Electrical Parade will undergo some changes when it returns later this year at California Adventure. For instance:

-- The Blue Fairy will be replaced by an entirely new unit with Tinker Bell and her Pixie Hollow friends (which has been mentioned earlier).

-- Dumbo will be no more, as ALL units will be dropped from the parade.

-- A brand new Snow White float, with Snow White and her Dwarfs (who currently are walk-arounds).

-- Last but not least, the classic theme music, Baroque Hoedown, will be replaced by variation of the theme song from Tokyo Disneyland's Dreamlights. Here is a YouTube link, in case you're not familiar with this music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNPNyGKJug0

More about these changes to the Electrical Parade can be found at this link:

http://blueskydisney.blogspot.com/2009/02/blue-sky-buzz-electrifiying-changes.html

nursechrissy32
02-06-2009, 06:03 AM
nnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooo :(

Jeffreaky
02-06-2009, 06:33 AM
Just as long as they don't get rid of Pete's Dragon. That's the best thing in the entire parade.

Koala Gurl
02-06-2009, 06:37 AM
Does anyone know if there any more performances planned for the "old" version?

I had a minor freak out when I saw the song would be different...but the song isn't that much different.

dlfansx4
02-06-2009, 06:42 AM
-- Dumbo will be no more, as ALL units will be dropped from the parade.No more Dumbo??? Oh no, my kids will be heartbroken. Dumbo is our favorite.

DizneyMommy
02-06-2009, 06:43 AM
Has this been confirmed by a reliable source?

ScottC4746
02-06-2009, 06:59 AM
May as well bring that horrid (my own opinion) Spectromagic from the 90's from WDW instead if they are going to get rid of baroque hodown.

houseofmouse
02-06-2009, 07:08 AM
It was confirmed by Disney with the release of the drawing of the Tink float. As far as the music, not sure but Honor at Blue Sky is not usually wrong. The music sounds very similar to what they play now. This parade is dear to my heart as I watched it growing up and my first two kiddos got to see it in Disneyland, although my 2nd was a baby. It is too bad they could not make it longer than shorter by adding floats and keeping Dumbo!!
I will reserve opinion on the good or bad until after I see it this summer.

janell
02-06-2009, 01:37 PM
Im not very hip nor cool. lol Is the whole Princess thing over with now and little girls are on to Tinker and her friends? I ask wondering why would they take out a princess, since they are taking out Dumbo(which I hate to see) then could have just added Tinker and friends.

Burnt Toast
02-06-2009, 02:50 PM
I can do without the Dumbo part of the parade (I hate clowns)... hell, I can do without the EP parade in general.

Disneyland1955
02-06-2009, 04:11 PM
WTF! Tokyo Disneys electrical parade is waaaaaaaaaaay cooler than ours! That is sooooooo not right! I don't understand how disneyland is Walts creation and home and yet all of Disneys other parks have all of the cool stuff! ITS JUST WRONG!!!!!

~Ash~

Carina
02-06-2009, 07:19 PM
UGh you got my hopes up when you said there was a new song... But its just as tinny and annoying as the previous one!

JonasGirl1023
02-06-2009, 09:51 PM
:crying: That's sad! I don't think I even remember the Dumbo part! Does anybody know when these changes will come? And(if possible) can somebody post a link to the drawing of the Tinker Bell float? I always enjoy looking at concept art. Thank You!:D

olegc
02-07-2009, 09:22 AM
If Dumbo's circus portion of the parade leaves, that means King Richard (well, the character is from Bedknobs and Broomsticks, but no name for him in that one), who plays calliope in the circus portion, will go away too. That's too bad. The Electrical Parade is the ONLY place to see this character - and has always been one of my favorites to watch (it looks like a fun performance).

D15
02-07-2009, 10:26 AM
:( This makes me sad, to me the Blue Fairy coming first represented that parade... but that was also watching it from Main Street, so I guess my time of nostalgia is over? :|

Seashellmama
02-07-2009, 01:01 PM
Im not very hip nor cool. lol Is the whole Princess thing over with now and little girls are on to Tinker and her friends? I ask wondering why would they take out a princess, since they are taking out Dumbo(which I hate to see) then could have just added Tinker and friends.

The Blue Fairy isn't one of "The Princesses".

carolinakid
02-07-2009, 07:35 PM
If Dumbo's circus portion of the parade leaves, that means King Richard (well, the character is from Bedknobs and Broomsticks, but no name for him in that one), who plays calliope in the circus portion, will go away too. That's too bad. The Electrical Parade is the ONLY place to see this character - and has always been one of my favorites to watch (it looks like a fun performance).

Isn't his name King Leonidas?

jsilkey
02-08-2009, 07:58 AM
Do we know when the EP is back this year? End of March? Not 'til April?

Malcon10t
02-08-2009, 08:31 AM
Do we know when the EP is back this year? End of March? Not 'til April?
I believe it was posted it would not be back for spring break. Most likely it will be the second week of June.

jsilkey
02-08-2009, 09:03 AM
:crying:

Bummer. I have only seen it once and my DH and youngest DS haven't seen it at all.

Toocherie
02-08-2009, 12:12 PM

The lion playing the calliope is my absolute favorite part of the parade.

Sad.

BunnyCups
02-08-2009, 03:22 PM
I am absolutely crushed. The mining carts that the dwarves push is my favourite part! Along with the blue fairy. And although the song can get to you after a while, I'm sad to see it going as well.

What is Disney doing? D:

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-10-2009, 09:17 PM
Why do they have to change it? It makes NO sense to me. I cannot listen to the music, my speakers don't work on my computer, but I don't want ANY of it to change.
I still have this beautiful picture in my mind of my first born, on his first night of his first trip ever to DLR watching the EP and bopping to the music.

Jodi
02-13-2009, 08:49 AM
UGh you got my hopes up when you said there was a new song... But its just as tinny and annoying as the previous one!

What she said. I got excited when the post said there would be new music, because I HATE the EP because of the music! (And the horrific electronic voice-uuuhhhggggggg)

I wouldn't mind watching the parade if it didn't have music that made me want to run screaming in the other direction.

Chadsgal
02-16-2009, 03:22 PM
I think they should keep the Blue Fairy for the whole original reason she started the parade: cause she is Disney's first Fairy. The music needed to be updated and Dumbo can go. But they should keep the Blue Fairy for the nostalgia(sp)