PDA

View Full Version : Shopping pass?

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-03-2009, 01:29 PM
Is this still available? We are no longer AP holders. I am going with a friend who has never been, for my birthday in August. We are just doing the parks on 1 day, I will be upgrading my free ticket to a park hopper. I was thinking that we could do a little shopping at DL the night before, so as to maximise our ride time on the day we have park tickets. Just wondering if they still have the shopping pass, and if you can get it for the last hour that the park is open?
TIA!

disneylandgirl
02-03-2009, 02:20 PM
You need to change your signature so it doesn't say you are going alone. :)

I had no idea a "shopping pass" existed, that's pretty neat. I hope you can still get one.

The Little Mermaid
02-03-2009, 02:25 PM
From the Mouseplanet DLR Update 10/07/08 (http://www.mouseplanet.com/8549/Disneyland_Resort_Update#news9):

...The Disneyland Resort has discontinued an offering known as the "Shoppers Pass." Under this little-known program, customers who wanted to purchase something from a store inside Disneyland or Disney's California Adventure could get a pass valid for one hour, presumably enough time to get to the store, purchase the item and exit the park. Customers who did not return within an hour were charged for the price of a one-day ticket. Now that the program has been discontinued, customers who want to purchase merchandise available only in the theme parks will need to use Disney's DelivEARS service.

Drince88
02-03-2009, 02:35 PM
But you could still hit DTD and the World of Disney store the night before.

DisneyObsessedBruin
02-03-2009, 03:11 PM
I'm pretty sad about this one too. I was looking into it recently because my boyfriend is visiting the day BEFORE his birthday and all he wants is to go in and eat the corn dogs:rolleyes:. He'll be gone that night, and it looks like if he really wants them Ill have to use my AP to go in and bring them back out for him haha, but I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles.

cstephens
02-03-2009, 05:44 PM
He'll be gone that night, and it looks like if he really wants them Ill have to use my AP to go in and bring them back out for him haha, but I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles.

That could still be pretty cool.

Before DCA opened, Disney at one point suspended the conversion of one-park APs to two-park APs. The husband and I didn't convert because we weren't willing to buy an AP to a park we'd never seen before. After the AP preview, though, we loved it, but by then, we couldn't upgrade. For the first couple months that DCA was open, we couldn't go without buying a ticket. We had friends who had access, so they graciously agreed on several occasions to buy food from a particular location and then bring it out for all of us to eat together. Luckily, Disney resumed two-park APs within a couple of months.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-03-2009, 09:06 PM
Good to know that it is no longer, but what a shame.

Yes, we can still shop at WOD. AND since this is a summer trip, the park will be only plenty late for us to shop ON my birthday!
Thanks MPers!

disneylandgirl
02-04-2009, 07:39 AM
Maybe they stopped the shoppers pass because they have DTD. They want people to do their shopping there.