PDA

View Full Version : birthday emails - anyone else not receiving?

olegc
02-02-2009, 11:59 AM
My son's birthday is tomorrow, Feb 3rd. I registered him last December for the birthday club. I January I did not recall if I reg'd him or not - so I did it again and the confirmation email said he was already registered.

well, no email has shown up in my inbox for him (he is 9). When I went to the birthday site - it accepted re-registering me as if I had never done it - and it would not accept my son because it was closer than 48 hours to his birthdate.

The confirmation emails I received after re-reg'ing me were empty with the word "unavailable" as the sender and the subject line. Seems to me like there may have been a problem in the database - and possibly cleared of info?

My question to you all is "has anyone not received their email to use when picking up the free ticket" Just wondering for others if they have seen this issue as well. I know we can fill out the form on site - but I wanted to save time. Thanks.

Malcon10t
02-02-2009, 12:37 PM
My question to you all is "has anyone not received their email to use when picking up the free ticket" Just wondering for others if they have seen this issue as well. I know we can fill out the form on site - but I wanted to save time. Thanks.I didn't think it saved any time. My sister had her email, my s-dad did not receive his. It was about the same amount of time for both. If he is an AP holder, they already have everything in the computer anyway...

KarenW2
02-02-2009, 12:43 PM
My hubby hasn't gotten the email on this yet and his birthday is this Friday! I registered both of us, when they first started it.

I imagine we'll just use our PAPs to get in, then go to City Hall, right??

I'm sure we can find something to buy with the "birthday card"!!

Phantom2006
02-02-2009, 01:56 PM
I have not received mine yet, and my birthday is this Saturday.

Tinkermommy
02-02-2009, 01:56 PM
The Tinkertween's birthday is Saturday, and we haven't received anything, either. I did register both of us for this promotion.

I'm wondering if the OP's problems with registering and re-registering are at all related to a problem I'm having with Disney sites.

For years, I've been using the same log in for the AP site as well as Disney Movie Rewards. For some reason, I can no longer sign into either one. Both tell me my user ID or password are wrong, but I've never changed them and have used at least the AP log in within the last month or so. When this problem arose a few days ago, I tried password recovery. It told me my user ID was wrong. But...it's NOT.

I emailed Disney Movie Rewards, and they sent back an email telling me how to use password recovery. D'oh.

I thought it might be a problem with my firewall, and asked my hubby to look into it. At this point, I have no explanation, and no way to sign into my accounts on these sites. Hmmm...

zombie pirate
02-02-2009, 02:07 PM
I joined here back in 2006, I get one every year. I think I got the notice for the free admission, but I was to busy this year to use it.

cstephens
02-02-2009, 02:09 PM
I joined here back in 2006, I get one every year.

This thread is about the free admission on your birthday confirmation email from Disney, not a birthday email from MousePad.

shna
02-02-2009, 02:19 PM
I'm wondering if the OP's problems with registering and re-registering are at all related to a problem I'm having with Disney sites.

For years, I've been using the same log in for the AP site as well as Disney Movie Rewards. For some reason, I can no longer sign into either one. Both tell me my user ID or password are wrong, but I've never changed them and have used at least the AP log in within the last month or so. When this problem arose a few days ago, I tried password recovery. It told me my user ID was wrong. But...it's NOT.

My sign-in issue is that I can't sign into the WDW site (tells me the user id is used for multiple acounts :confused: ) -- but I can sign into the DLR/AP site just fine. Now I've learned to go to the DLR AP site first, then click links over to WDW. Odd...

zombie pirate
02-02-2009, 03:59 PM
This thread is about the free admission on your birthday confirmation email from Disney, not a birthday email from MousePad.

Sorry, I ment to say Disney Rewards to

kelli1rose
02-02-2009, 04:25 PM
I had registered my son, and did not get an email. I went to the ticket window with my certified copy of his birth certificate, and they asked for my address. It came up immediately, and I was done in about two minutes. The email did not seem to be needed.

Tinker Bell
02-02-2009, 04:28 PM
I did not get an email for my birthday in Jan. My hubby did not get his eithier. My son will be next monday and I have not seen anything. The hubby and I have passes but we have let the kids go. I hope we do not have any problems getting him in.

Corregidore
02-03-2009, 07:47 AM
We celebrated my birthday last week. I didn't get an e-mail either - but all it took was telling the cast member I had already registered and handing over my license. She was done in about two minutes!

I wouldn't worry either way... ;) and have a great time!

disneylandgirl
02-03-2009, 10:40 AM
Ya, I went yesterday and the cast member at the window asked if I had registered, even though I told her I had an AP. I said no, she said it was fine, I gave her my pass and ID, and I got my funcard in about 2 minutes! It was very easy. Do you HAVE to go to the ticket booths to get your birthday funcard/extra ticket/fastpass, or can you go to city hall? I was told to go to the ticket booth, but it would have been faster if I could have gone to city hall.

Tinkermommy
02-03-2009, 05:30 PM
After being unable to access the AP website for days, I decided to try re-registering -- even though I've been registered for years and accessed it less than a month ago. It accepted my registration using the old ID and password. Apparently, I got purged somehow.

So I went to the celebration page, and even though we'd already registered there as well, it allowed me to re-register using all the same info. It did not give me any kind of duplication message.

Disney Movie Rewards -- that's another story. When I try to log in there, I get a message telling me to stop trying to set up duplicate accounts. Then I get an email saying the same thing. No response yet from their technical "support" people. :rolleyes:

Methinks there is something wrong with Disney's data retention these days...

mi_mous
02-03-2009, 08:52 PM
Tinkermommy,
I am having the same troubles with the movie rewards account. I haven't been able to access it since Christmas. I somehow DID get multiple accounts on there, one has no points, the other one has all the points. I can't get into the one with the points. It's frustrating.

I too had to re-register on the DL site to get the b-day e-mail. I figured I didn't need it, but it would speed the process up.

Tinkermommy
02-20-2009, 10:35 AM
I am having the same troubles with the movie rewards account. I haven't been able to access it since Christmas.

Derail from the original topic: My Movie Rewards Code access problem was FINALLY solved today, so I thought I'd pass this on for anyone who is having trouble accessing a Disney family website.

Apparently, it has something to do with a recent consolidation of ALL Disney online account information. I always use an e-mail address to sign up for Disney websites, but there was one that made me come up with a member name that was not the same as my email address. When the consolidation took place, it hijacked my old login on the Disney Movie Rewards account and changed it from the e-mail address to the member name I selected on a totally different site. When I tried to log in using my email address, it kept telling me to stop trying to set up a new account. LOL!! I can log in now; I just have to use the member name from that other site as my (new) User ID.

This took weeks of many frustrating and totally unhelpful emails to get resolved. They finally gave up and sent me an email saying "call us." I did, and the nice person I spoke with figured it out. Yay!!

She said if anybody else is having this problem, try using your old movie reward password, but try using any member names you might use on other sites, particularly the Disney Family.com site.

Hope that helps!

cstephens
02-20-2009, 10:39 AM
I got my birthday email earlier this week.

Darkbeer
02-20-2009, 10:47 AM
I Registered the first week the promotion was announced...

Today's my BD, and NO e-mail...

But I know that Internet Registration is OPTIONAL!!!

So about to go off and get my Birthday Fun Card :)

olegc
02-20-2009, 11:06 AM
as a follow up to this - my son DID get birthday email - BUT NOT having to do with entry into the park of choice. It was a "virtual birthday party" with interactive elements to it.

What I tried is to re-register my kids based on my known DIsney account ID. It accepted my registrations and said thank you. THEN - in about 10 minutes, I received emails telling me I had already registered them and did not need to do so again - and the below the text was an ID number and a bar code for Disney to scan on the date in question.

SO - that is one way to get an email. I wonder now if those who registered on the 1st day never got the emails (which were supposed to be sent right away) due to possible 1st day glitches. And, as usual, marketing says you're supposed to get an email on your bday - but I guess that is left to interpretation :rolleyes:

K & S
02-23-2009, 03:12 PM
My son's birthday is March 4th and he received his email today.