PDA

View Full Version : Store ideas for downtown Disney

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

nursechrissy32
02-01-2009, 07:05 PM
So....what stores would you like to see put in all the empty spots in DTD?

Bytebear
02-01-2009, 07:13 PM
Apple Store? Another candle store? Or a Christmas ornament store? Apple seems to be the one that is the most likely though.

LauraTD
02-01-2009, 07:56 PM
a mini Trader Joes with all the good stuff to stock your hotel fridge

a mani-pedi salon that has those massage chairs with footbaths and does Disney themed nail designs

evrythngwmn
02-01-2009, 08:03 PM

a mani-pedi salon that has those massage chairs with footbaths and does Disney themed nail designs

Ooh, I like yours.

adriennek
02-01-2009, 08:13 PM
Apple Store? Another candle store? Or a Christmas ornament store? Apple seems to be the one that is the most likely though.

I really can't see an Apple store there.

Adrienne

kelli1rose
02-01-2009, 08:42 PM

Perfect ideas to me!:D

biolabetty
02-01-2009, 08:50 PM
My favorite stores when I visit DTD at WDW have been the Christmas store, and the small store that has Disney items for $10 and under. It would be fun to have something like that here at DL.

avalosn
02-01-2009, 08:59 PM
Starbucks!!!!! Please, please, I need a Starbucks in DTD.......OMG, puuuullleeeaaaassseeeee!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

cynthia312
02-01-2009, 09:06 PM
Yeah, Starbucks seems like a good idea. They have Jamba Juice already...why not add Starbucks into the mix?

And I like that mani/pedi salon idea....especially with Disney designed nails....that would be awesome!

Another makeup store like MAC??? or Forever21??? :D

avalosn
02-01-2009, 09:09 PM
I need my Skinny Mocha!!!!!

foolishmortal
02-01-2009, 09:16 PM
like the pedi idea or a Nike store for when you wear out your tennis shoes walking around DL!

How about a Gooseberry patch store! Or Mary Engibriet(sp?). THE POP SHOP:D!!!
The Popcorn Factory for some yummy flavored popcorn to eat while watching movies in your room after the park closes.

A nice sandwich shop or tiny deli, nice change from full dinners.

cstephens
02-01-2009, 09:35 PM

With a spa at the Grand Californian, I can't imagine Disney would allow that.

bananaman20
02-01-2009, 09:55 PM
I would like to see a Chipotle go in. By far the best burrito restaurant in the world.

jenniebean
02-01-2009, 10:29 PM
Ooo-- an apple store with exclusive Disney products like the electronics skins you can order on the Disney store website (or could last I checked), cases, ipod docks, etc...

MouseVII
02-01-2009, 11:24 PM
Since we all know how much Walt loved trains a model railroading store would be fitting, complete with layouts and everything. It probably wouldn't be that popular but I think it would be cool.

carolinakid
02-02-2009, 04:39 AM
Cracker Barrel!!!!

Chick-Fil-A!

GORGON
02-02-2009, 09:12 AM
I think they should open up a Disney Channel Store !
So far everytime i take my Kids to Disneyland they ask for merchandise from the Disney Channel. Hannah, Suite Life, Kim Possible... etc . that kind of stuff. t-shirts , mugs , maybe even props from the shows would go over well. They could even mix it in with ABC stuff to make it appealing to young and old alike.................Yeah,:~D a starbucks would be great.

AnotherJenny
02-02-2009, 09:27 AM
I would like to see more retail, because I'm only going to eat at one restaurant, and then my options are limited as to what to do next.

Then again, I'd love a DisneyQuest. I'd go just for that, and skip the park.

Or, this is a pipe dream, but foolishmortal mentioned popcorn, so...

Garrett Popcorn opens its first West Coast location and I can have all the yummy Chicago Mix I can shove in my face. Mmmm.

Niwel
02-02-2009, 09:28 AM
Adventurer's Club, Disney Quest, Coffee Bean, Zen Spa with massage chairs (Mandara could run it), Disney Home store

leota's necklace
02-02-2009, 09:31 AM
I would like to see a Chipotle go in. By far the best burrito restaurant in the world.

Somehow, I don't think this assertation would go down well in southern CA or, well, anywhere you can get real, actual Mexican FoodTM.

I mean, sure, they're kind of good in a pinch, but c'mon.

Niwel
02-02-2009, 09:34 AM
Somehow, I don't think this assertation would go down well in southern CA or, well, anywhere you can get real, actual Mexican FoodTM.

I mean, sure, they're kind of good in a pinch, but c'mon.

Plus, there is already a Tortilla Jos.

houseofmouse
02-02-2009, 09:54 AM
Scrapbook store by Disney. I like the Disney home store idea too. Last time we were in WDW the home store was sad. Less than half was home anymore and the rest was the same souvenir stuff that is sold everywhere else.

Chick-fil-a would be good too. Yummy.

cstephens
02-02-2009, 10:25 AM
Since we all know how much Walt loved trains a model railroading store would be fitting, complete with layouts and everything. It probably wouldn't be that popular but I think it would be cool.

I agree that it would be cool, but unfortunately, if it's not going to make money, it's not a good fit for Downtown Disney.

Cracker Barrel!!!!

Chick-Fil-A!

I'm not a fan of chain restaurants on Disney property. I think Rainforest Cafe is the only one there, and at least it's got something different about it in theming. There are a number of chain restaurants that have opened recently at GardenWalk, and I really like that idea. It's not too far away to get to, but it doesn't homogenize Disney.

I think they should open up a Disney Channel Store !
So far everytime i take my Kids to Disneyland they ask for merchandise from the Disney Channel. Hannah, Suite Life, Kim Possible... etc.

Isn't there that kind of merchandise in the parks already? I know I've seen a lot of Hannah and Kim Possible stuff in the park in different places, and they were pretty concentrated in the shop across from Playhouse Disney.

jMom
02-02-2009, 10:49 AM

Another fan of your ideas!

A small Apple store would be cool too. Would the Jobs/Pixar connection complicate things? It would be fantastic to reach out to the i-Gen ;) -- and think of all the Disney/Pixar movie promos you could offer! Special resort podcasts, anyone?

I'd love to see a Powell's (http://www.powellsss.com/go/index.cfm) go in there ... it is very family-friendly and kids can buy things there. Although Disney might frown on an outside store horning in on their candy sales ...

Hmmmm, maybe a malt shop shop? Something like Mels (http://www.melsdrive-in.com/)?

Andrew
02-02-2009, 11:38 AM
Adventurer's Club, Disney Quest, Coffee Bean

I've been wanting the West Coast branch of the Adventurer's Club to open in Downtown Disney since the project was announced. There's a convenient empty pad (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=33.809881,-117.923531&sll=33.810001,-117.923979&sspn=0.002607,0.005944&ie=UTF8&ll=33.809881,-117.923529&spn=0.002607,0.005944&t=h&z=18&iwloc=addr) in between House of Blues and Tortilla Jo's...

Hmmmm, maybe a malt shop shop? Something like Mels (http://www.melsdrive-in.com/)?

An inexpensive family restaurant has been a major omission from Downtown Disney! We've needed that since the Monorail Cafe closed.

How about an Earl of Sandwich (http://www.earlofsandwichusa.com/)?