PDA

View Full Version : Cut Backs

ScottC4746
02-01-2009, 05:56 PM
So what cut backs has everyone noticed at Disneyland with the economy.
I was playing on Youtube and came across an old 1971 commercial for Big Thunder Railroad when it opened. The closing was "Only at Disneyland open Wednesday - Sunday...They were only open five days a week?

adriennek
02-01-2009, 06:33 PM
So what cut backs has everyone noticed at Disneyland with the economy.
I was playing on Youtube and came across an old 1971 commercial for Big Thunder Railroad when it opened.

That would be a pretty good trick - BTMRR opened in 1979 ;) :p

The closing was "Only at Disneyland open Wednesday - Sunday...They were only open five days a week?

Yes, for many years in the off-season. That's why Rod Miller's days off were always Mondays & Tuesdays.

Adrienne

Malcon10t
02-01-2009, 06:33 PM
I was playing on Youtube and came across an old 1971 commercial for Big Thunder Railroad when it opened. The closing was "Only at Disneyland open Wednesday - Sunday...They were only open five days a week?Yep. During the summer and CHristmas, they were open 7 days, but during off peak, the entire park was closed on Mon and Tues.

adriennek
02-01-2009, 06:38 PM
They started staying open all year in 1985.

Adrienne

tod
02-01-2009, 09:34 PM
They started staying open all year in 1985.

I remember those first couple of years you had the park to yourself on Mondays and Tuesdays because everybody reflexively remembered that Disneyland was closed Mondays and Tuesdays in the off-season.

--t