PDA

View Full Version : Nice fireworks tonight eh?

Veritech-1s
12-18-2002, 12:18 AM
I really loved tonights take 2 fireworks, the first few moments were a little scary lol, everyone looked right over at me and another cast member, was a rather tense moment, I reached for the first thign I could defend myself with lol, but thankfully the anounced the screwed up and would only be delayed, its suprising they fired off the castle fireworks with that wind, it made every rocket drift quite a bit, it kinda threw off the effect.

Not Afraid
12-18-2002, 07:01 AM
I've seem a lot of fireworks "situations" but this was a new one for me. They started on time, music, lights out, then - no fan effect, no pyro! The narration started then was sloppily stopped after about 30 seconds. The lights came on again after a minute, but no announcement. After about 5 minutes, they announced the delay.

Since we had 8:00 reservations at Catal, we headed on out. The show started about 7:55 and looked wonderful in the clear sky with the wind sweeping away the smoke almost instantly.

The BOOM from the pyro was quite amazing in DTD. I've never experienced Believe from there. Not the best spot for viewing, but good noise.

No idea what the problem was. We joked about the cannons being wet and some CM out there blow drying them.:D

Ghoulish Delight
12-18-2002, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
The BOOM from the pyro was quite amazing in DTD. I've never experienced Believe from there. Not the best spot for viewing, but good noise.
I don't remember where exactly we were (maybe in front of Wetzel's Pretzels?), but we caught the non-holiday believe last year from DTD and had a great view. The best part was watching the crowd. Most people there didn't know the show, and of course we didn't have the narration. So, with all the big pauses, people would think it was over and start to walk away. I loved the look on their faces when it kept going after that :D

edited to correct vb code - avp

Polar33
12-19-2002, 12:38 AM
That was an odd show indeed. I was working in the hub at the time the fireworks should have started. A few seconds after I had the thought "shouldn't there have been a fan effect there?" the music stopped dead and the lights came up a bit later. The time that elapsed between then and the announcement was the most awkward five minutes I think I have been through in my entire life. Everybody (including myself) was looking around trying to figure out what was going on. A lot of the crowd eventually turned and saw me and gave me a look that is hard to describe, I'm sure they were looking at me hoping I had some clue as to what was happening, yet I did not. I starting hoping that they would run an announcement...any announcement...I didn't care what it said as long as it said something. When they finally did there were mixed emotions, many left, but most remained. Eventually the show ran again and except for the high winds, and the unusual decision to run the castle pyro despite the wind speed and direction it was a flawless show.

EandCDad
12-19-2002, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by Not Afraid

We stayed at the Best Western across Harbor a couple of weeks ago and I was in our room with the kidlets when the fireworks went off. The BOOM over there is incredible.

Rallymonkey23
12-19-2002, 11:36 AM
I was watching the fireworks from the Pinnochio lot and the BOOMS were sooooo loud there. It seemed like they echoed for 10 seconds after the firework went off. :eek:

HBTiggerFan
12-19-2002, 03:38 PM
MickeyD and I were in the structure on Daisy during a Believe IHM show and it sounded like incoming artillary.

TimBuk2
12-19-2002, 07:38 PM
MickeyD and I were in the structure on Daisy during a Believe IHM show and it sounded like incoming artillary.
--------------
I've experienced this too, but it was cloudy that night, so the sound would reflect off the northern clouds towards the M&F lot. It was pretty awesome.

HB Tigger Fan
What is your T-20 countdown for ? Just curious. ;)

HBTiggerFan
12-19-2002, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by TimBuk2
--------------
I've experienced this too, but it was cloudy that night, so the sound would reflect off the northern clouds towards the M&F lot. It was pretty awesome.

HB Tigger Fan
What is your T-20 countdown for ? Just curious. ;)

someone who doesn't know??? :D The countdown is until the love of my life gets home :D

LIMANDL4EVA
12-20-2002, 07:34 PM
I used to think, 'geez, how can these neighborhoods complain, the fireworks are wonderful! i would LOVE them night after night!', then i went to critter country during the show and understood their reasoning, with no music, and just the echoing BOOM, it can get kinda of annoyiny, i cant even imagine night after night, i feel for those neighbors out there

MY SOLUTION: Synchronize the soundtrack at 9:30 every night in your backyard;)

Rallymonkey23
12-21-2002, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by LIMANDL4EVA
i feel for those neighbors out there

I don't. They knew where they were moving when they bought their houses. ;)

HBTiggerFan
12-21-2002, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Rallymonkey23
I don't. They knew where they were moving when they bought their houses. ;)

Not the ones who lived there before DL was open, or before DL had fireworks, or before DL had fireworks in 2 different seasons, or the people who didn't think living 5 miles away would still able them to hear the fireworks and get the smoke.

Rallymonkey23
12-21-2002, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by HB Tigger Fan
Not the ones who lived there before DL was open, or before DL had fireworks, or before DL had fireworks in 2 different seasons, or the people who didn't think living 5 miles away would still able them to hear the fireworks and get the smoke.

I can see your point on the people that lived there before Disneyland opened or had fireworks. And even the 2 seasons of fireworks. But I live 5 miles away and can hardly hear them. Let alone get any smoke comming my way. I was refering to the recent people that moved there.