PDA

View Full Version : Weather warning

mriverej6
12-18-2002, 12:15 AM
I dont want to be the bearer of bad news, (depending on how you see this fitting). I searched on weather.com, just to see how the rain situation would be for the general Anaheim area and its not a pretty sight.

this is what the site says.

Wed/18 sunny
Thu/19 PM showers
Fri/20 AM rain
Sat/21 cloudy
Sun/22 showers
Mon/23 scattered thunderstorms
Tue/24 partly cloudy
Wed/25 rain
Thu/26 showers

This may not be the best news since a lot of the out of town vacationers will be making their pilgrimage to DLR this time of year. i guess a lot of the AP'ers may see this as less people in the park.

But my question.
when the weather is bad, and guessing it will be according to the website, and since the resort (well, basically just disneyland itself) will probably be at a high capacity, how much will the rain affect the theme park in general? Can the rain/lightning/thunder actually close down the park early?

For all its worth, i hope i am completely wrong about this weather situation and that weather.com is wrong. We have to wait and see.

Jerevi D.

tabacco
12-18-2002, 12:18 AM
Thunder on Monday, eh? Will it be BIG Thunder? :D

Sorry... anyway, I don't mind a little rain (or sometimes even a lot) around the resort. It makes trips on the Twain a lot cooler, and it keeps the crowds away.

Remember, rain only gets you wet if you let it :)

Morrigoon
12-18-2002, 12:25 AM
Thank you, that's very helpful. Not for a Disneyland visit particularly, it's just that I'm driving Vegas-LA Friday, and then up to Nocal on Saturday.

EandCDad
12-19-2002, 05:59 AM
Currently there is a 70% chance of rain on Friday and a 30% chance on Sunday. All other days look ok. If it rains the outdoor rides like Dumbo, Casey Jr., Storybook Boats are closed. It would have to be pretty bad (much worse than is expected) for them to close the entire park.

JestAGoof
12-19-2002, 08:35 AM
Well, today, Dec 19th thru Dec 22, the weather stands as follows:

Today: Mostly Cloudy-20% chance of rain
Friday: Rain-80% chance of rain (Get those parchas ready!)
Saturday: Cloudy-10% chance of rain
Sunday: Showers-30% chance of rain

The only reason I bring this up is that I will be flying down to the park today from No Cal to go for my B-Day weekend with my wife! I am excited no matter of a little rain to get in the way!

Disney On! Gwarsh!

"The Goof"

Twinsmom
12-19-2002, 09:17 AM
Just packed the raincoats into the suitcases! Thanks for the updates everyone. I know I won't melt.......;)

EandCDad
12-21-2002, 08:02 AM
No rain at the resort during the time we were there yesterday 8am till about 6pm. It did rain on us on the way up, but the day was perfect, clear and cool.