PDA

View Full Version : Soarin' Truth [New Film?]

R44kids2
01-27-2009, 06:54 PM
Hi All. I heard that there might be a new version of Soarin' being made. Does anyone know if that is really true or not? If so what will be in it ? Thanks to anyone who really knows.

bananaman20
01-27-2009, 07:23 PM
Hi All. I heard that there might be a new version of Soarin' being made. Does anyone know if that is really true or not? If so what will be in it ? Thanks to anyone who really knows.

Ya I've heard that too. I hope they are making a new one because although the current film is amazing, a little change would be nice:)

kelli1rose
01-27-2009, 07:54 PM
I was at the park in September (if I remember correctly) and a helicopter was filming around the park for several hours. I was told by a CM it was footage for the new Soaring movie. I am sure someone else will have more details and the date to expect the new movie!

Disney Donna
01-28-2009, 09:21 AM
I don't know anything about a new film, but I wish Disney would put up some barrier across the row of seats to hide the dangling legs of people in front of me (with the exception of the first row, of course). Seeing all those legs reminds me that I'm not **really** soaring over California.

Bytebear
01-28-2009, 09:35 AM
I don't mind the dangling feet as long as they aren't doing the can-can. I do wish they would have digitized the Los Angeles scene so it was more smooth. I always feel nausious going through that scene.

I think a great idea for the new film would be American Landmarks. Fly over Washington DC, Mount Rushmore, Statue of Liberty, Grand Canyon, etc.

olegc
01-28-2009, 09:46 AM
I don't mind the dangling feet as long as they aren't doing the can-can. I do wish they would have digitized the Los Angeles scene so it was more smooth. I always feel nausious going through that scene.

I think a great idea for the new film would be American Landmarks. Fly over Washington DC, Mount Rushmore, Statue of Liberty, Grand Canyon, etc.

America The Beautiful 2.0!!!

Bytebear
01-28-2009, 09:47 AM
America The Beautiful 2.0!!!

Yes. I thought about Circle Vision as I wrote it.

disneylandgirl
01-28-2009, 11:17 AM
But it's Soarin' over CALIFORNIA... if they changed the scenes to the whole country, wouldn't they have to change the name of the ride? It will probably still be California scenery.

Suzy64
01-28-2009, 11:48 AM
I heard it will be something like "Soarin Over the World"
And to tell you the truth, I'm not a huge fan of the ride.
I went for the first time last month and my hands were
sweating! My brother was next to me telling me to look at this, look down at that...and I was screaming. I was like
the only one screaming.........how embarrasing :(
I don't think I'll be going on it anymore lol

Drince88
01-28-2009, 11:55 AM
But it's Soarin' over CALIFORNIA... if they changed the scenes to the whole country, wouldn't they have to change the name of the ride? It will probably still be California scenery.

When DLR 'sent' a present to WDW for DL's 50th (yea, why did WDW get the presents?) - they named the attraction 'Soarin'' just so they could change the film without changing the attraction name (or so I understand).

R44kids2
01-28-2009, 12:32 PM
I think it would be really cool to have two different films playing at the same time. Maybe one on each side of the building, or alternate shows on an every other showing basis or something like that. Then the original could always stay and they could change the other one every couple of years. Or maybe even have a special Christmas show over the Holidays. I love the feel of the ride, one of my favorites. I would look forward to being able to have different adventures on the hangliders.

Bolivar
01-28-2009, 12:51 PM
I have said this about Star Tours as well -- I think they should have a dozen different versions that constantly rotate so you never know which you will get when you go on the ride.

cstoops17
01-28-2009, 01:45 PM
MiceChat has "Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker" and it says...

"Soarin' Over California - New film - "Soarin' Over the World"
Project Status: Unknown
Open Date: 2013"

LINK! (CLICK HERE) (http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/105589-disneys-california-adventure-project-tracker-ii.html)

Bytebear
01-28-2009, 02:02 PM
I heard it will be something like "Soarin Over the World"
And to tell you the truth, I'm not a huge fan of the ride.
I went for the first time last month and my hands were
sweating! My brother was next to me telling me to look at this, look down at that...and I was screaming. I was like
the only one screaming.........how embarrasing :(
I don't think I'll be going on it anymore lol

Don't feel alone. My mom was pretty white knuckled on it. She was not happy that I made her go on it, but I still think it was worth it.

Franz
01-28-2009, 02:57 PM

LOL, whenever a friend or relative who hasn't been to the park in years asks me to explain what Soarin' is I've always used the simple analagy: "Circle Vision on Sterioids"

MrMetzger
01-28-2009, 03:17 PM
That would be so cool if they did Soarin', but made it into a Circle Vision! Or, at least 180*.
:)

screamin4ever
01-28-2009, 05:51 PM
Soarin' over the world would make it clonable in all Disney Parks.

hefferdude
01-28-2009, 06:37 PM
Hopefully no soarin over midwest stockyards ( complete with methane and moos....):D

mkraemer
01-28-2009, 07:03 PM
I would love it if they refilmed the Lake Tahoe sequence so you could actually see that beautiful lake, rather than the clouds over the lake surface due to a temperature inversion!

R44kids2
01-28-2009, 08:30 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. So it looks like there really is a new version comming out, cool. The refrences to Circle Vision brought back some great memories. Even though it made me dizzy in parts I loved it. I used to go back when there were still ticket books but I kinda remember Circle Vision being free...Is that right? Remember those big sweeping turns that would almost get you dizzy but juuuust not quite?

mousecanuck
01-28-2009, 08:35 PM
I remember Circlevision from about 1973, the first time I was there and it was sooo cool!!! I was so disappointed when I went on my honeymoon and it was gone, and there are so few people I know who have any idea what it was!!! I wish it was still there, though now that we're into the 21st century it might now seem really pathetic, I don't know. But it was so neat - I remember going in and thinking 'oh, something to lean on if you're bored,' and then 'taking flight' and almost falling over a couple of times, it was cool!!!

mousecanuck
01-28-2009, 08:38 PM
Last trip (in December, only six weeks or so ago) my son surprised me at the end when he told me his favorite ride - of all, both parks - was Soarin'. My family is coaster crazy, got soaked again and again on Grizzly and Splash and my son (10) never mentioned Soarin' much, we only went on twice because I wanted to go on again. Little turd never spoke up, but then maybe it would've become boring if we'd gone on several times like some of the coasters...'course none of those really got boring...