PDA

View Full Version : new AP design

cstephens
01-25-2009, 09:58 PM
We got our renewal reminder for our APs, and there's a new special renewal AP design, which I really like. Here's a picture of what it looks like. (http://www.colddeadfish.net/images/DLR/2009/2009AP.jpg) It'll be nice to have that when we renew.

Wildwill
01-25-2009, 10:27 PM
That's nice, I'm not overly fond of the ones we got - blue clouds...boring.

olegc
01-25-2009, 10:33 PM
We got our renewal reminder for our APs, and there's a new special renewal AP design, which I really like. Here's a picture of what it looks like. (http://www.colddeadfish.net/images/DLR/2009/2009AP.jpg) It'll be nice to have that when we renew.

is it again only offered to mail in renewals? i am given a disney pass every year by my family which I use as cash for a renewal. unfortunately it means I have to go in persn.

cstephens
01-25-2009, 11:11 PM
is it again only offered to mail in renewals? i am given a disney pass every year by my family which I use as cash for a renewal. unfortunately it means I have to go in persn.

As I recall, all the special designs are online renewal only - incentive for renewing online. I think I've heard of people getting the special design at the booth, but I'm not sure how.

KarenW2
01-26-2009, 12:17 AM
Since our PAPs renew at the end of December, we're always a year behind in getting the new "special" card design. I don't know why, but when we renewed online this year, we picked the special design, but were sent the same exact ones as last time, with Mickey and Donald on them. BORING!!

I wish they'd have sent us the new design, but I guess we'll get it at the end of the year, when we renew again.

cstephens
01-26-2009, 05:50 AM
I don't know why, but when we renewed online this year, we picked the special design, but were sent the same exact ones as last time, with Mickey and Donald on them. BORING!!

I think you're just thinking they're the same, because Mickey and Donald aren't on the same AP picture. The 2007 special AP design was Mickey and Goofy in their YOMD outfits. The 2008 special AP design was Minnie and Donald in their YOMD outfits. They look similar, and I think I had to compare them to realize they were actually different.

They also probably didn't give you the new design in December because it wasn't available yet. Historically, the new AP design shows up around the end of January. When I first had an AP in the late 90s, they had a new design every year, same for everyone. One of our friends had his renewal in late January, and he was always the first of our group to get it, so we were always excited to see his new pass. Someone else I knew had a renewal in about mid-January, and he always got the "new" design last because when he renewed, the new design wasn't available yet, so he was always a year behind the rest of us.

I didn't have an AP yet when they had the Mickey Indy design. My favorite design so far has been Mickey drawing himself as Walt.

Gone2Disneyland
01-26-2009, 06:58 AM

"Missed it by that much." I renewed my AP online last month, but the exclusive design I was offered as still Minnie and Donald. Since I already had that, I ended up choosing the generic clouds one since I didn't have it anyway. But the new one does look like a lotta fun. I hope it's still available when I have to renew a year from now.

bassett1976
01-26-2009, 07:40 AM
I renewed my pass a little less than two weeks ago in the park and it had the Year of a Million Dreams artwork. So there might be some truth to either the new design being available only online or the new design coming out at the end of January. ~Mrs. Bassett

AVP
01-26-2009, 07:55 AM
Since our PAPs renew at the end of December, we're always a year behind in getting the new "special" card design. SAME HERE. Somehow the cute new designs aren't so cute a year later, and especially not when everyone else starts to get new, new designs a month after I've renewed.

AVP

DisneyFanKat
01-26-2009, 10:49 AM
Aw - that one is cute - I like it!

Tinkermommy
01-26-2009, 05:46 PM
I love this new design!! I'm not crazy about the Minnie/Donald design this year. Ours don't renew until 7/17 so we'll have to wait, but yay!

It's been a while since I renewed, but I think the special designs are also available for renewals that are mailed in in advance.

Nancy
01-26-2009, 06:41 PM
That's nice, I'm not overly fond of the ones we got - blue clouds...boring.

Us too!!:crying:

mkraemer
01-26-2009, 08:22 PM
OK...I'll help to complicate this thread. :rolleyes:

We got our family's AP renewal paperwork today. The only design shown is Minnie/Donald (ho hum) and it says that you can only get that card by renewing by mail or online.

There are options for choosing 'Special' or 'Standard' designs, and it says we can renew by mail or online. So is Minnie/Donald the Special or Standard design? I'm so confused.

We 'only' have Deluxe APs this year (a little cost-saving measure), so perhaps Deluxe APs don't qualify for the party design? I *like* the party design. I wonder why it wasn't on the renewal form we received??

I did notice that monthly payments were not an option.

Hmmmm.

cstephens
01-26-2009, 10:47 PM
We got our family's AP renewal paperwork today. The only design shown is Minnie/Donald (ho hum) and it says that you can only get that card by renewing by mail or online.

There are options for choosing 'Special' or 'Standard' designs, and it says we can renew by mail or online. So is Minnie/Donald the Special or Standard design? I'm so confused.

Hmmm, that's odd. It sounds like you got the old renewal form, if it still has the picture of Minnie and Donald. On our form, the picture of the new AP design is on the top right, and it says "renew today by mail or at disneyland.com/ap and celebrate with this special edition card design".

The "standard" design is the castle in the clouds. Any other design is "special".

I did notice that monthly payments were not an option.

Your location says you live in northern california. If that's true, you wouldn't be eligible for the monthly payments since they're only offered to southern california residents, and they'd know where you live by the address they sent your renewal form to. Our form does include the info about the monthly payment option for southern california residents.

Drince88
01-27-2009, 06:30 AM
Hmmm, I wonder if mkraemer got old forms all around - since the payments thing is new(er) too? What does it say if you go through the steps to renew online?

mkraemer
01-29-2009, 10:32 AM
How very curious. I only received the renewal form three days ago.

Gosh, I feel so second rate in the AP world. Old forms, no new design, and can't have the monthly payment options. What gives? I should be able to spread out my payments if I buy an AP just like SoCal folks, don't you think?

I haven't tried the renewal online yet, though.

KarenW2
01-29-2009, 11:27 AM
I checked our last year's PAPs against this year's (I always like to keep the previous year's as a "souvenir") and we got the SAME PHOTO, 2 years in a row! Oh well, maybe at the end of THIS year, we'll get the more exciting one shown earlier in this thread.

cstephens
01-29-2009, 11:37 AM
I haven't tried the renewal online yet, though.

You might not be able to do that yet. I think you can only do online within 30 days from your expiration date. Our expiration is mid-March, and the husband went to go check, and it mentioned the 30 day thing, so we can't renew online yet. He wanted to see if the new special AP design is on the website, but he won't be able to see that until we can renew online. I'm sure you could choose the "special" design, but I guess the question is what they'd consider the "special" design.