PDA

View Full Version : If the AP renew-by-mail 20% coupon expires Jan. 31...

SzczerbiakManiac
12-17-2002, 11:57 AM
According to MousePlanet (http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdates/dlr021216.htm#Discounts), the Annual Passholder 20% renewal coupons are valid through January 31, 2003. My AP doesn't expire until February 25. Since one can only renew up to 30 days in advance (so said the CM in the Guest Relations window when I asked), does this mean I'm effectively shut-out of getting and/or using this offer?

This is my first AP so I'm in uncharted territory here. Is it customary for the DLR to offer some sort of incentive to renew by mail (other than convenience)? I.e., just because this particular promotion is ending, should I not expect some other promotion to take its place?

Thanks in advance. :)

roberts1398
12-17-2002, 12:13 PM
I know they regularly offer a $20 discount on renewing PAPs and DAPs on or before their due date. No discount for SCAP tho...

ldsguy
12-17-2002, 01:21 PM
The actual wording on the coupons is interesting, it actually states that it expires 2 or 3 months (something like that) from the date of the pass holder's renewal.

Mistyj
12-17-2002, 01:50 PM
I received my renewed AP on Saturday (Dec. 14th) and my 20% off coupon shows an expiration date of January 31, 2004.

RStar
12-17-2002, 03:02 PM
This is what I don't understand. You said you got your new AP, and the coupon came with the new pass? What is the coupon for? I thought the 20% was off the pass. I'm soooo confused......

AVP
12-17-2002, 03:15 PM
The coupon is for 20% off of merchandise, not the renewal price of your pass. The coupon comes with your new pass. Mistyj is the first person I've heard that got a coupon that expires in 2004 - the others I've seen expire in 2003. I wonder if this is a mistake - I'll have to ask.

AVP

Mistyj
12-18-2002, 11:22 AM
Both my husband and I got 20% off coupons that expire in January 2004. They are green this time instead of the light blue like last year.

Perhaps they were simply using up the supply they had, or finally realized that it was too impractical to expect guests to use them so quickly.

AVP
12-18-2002, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Mistyj
Both my husband and I got 20% off coupons that expire in January 2004. They are green this time instead of the light blue like last year.

Perhaps they were simply using up the supply they had, or finally realized that it was too impractical to expect guests to use them so quickly.

The weird thing is that my AP expires after yours, and my coupon was red with the 1/31/2003 dates.

I wonder why this is...

AVP

Mistyj
12-18-2002, 04:19 PM
My AP expires on Jan. 7th. It only took 6 days for them to process the renewal (and I did experience the pass "crossover" weirdness last Saturday. They let me in with no problem, thankfully.) Perhaps APs that expire in the new year get the coupon that expires in 2004?

Baloo
12-18-2002, 10:32 PM
OK someone has to explain this to me. What is this thing about coupons. I have purchased Premium Passes for my parents for years and i never saw them getting any coupons. Doesn't the premium passess already come with the benefit of a 20% discount on merchandise or is it 10%?

Speaking of Passes, their passes just expired on December 17 and i forgot to send their renewal to get the $20.00 discount. My question is this. I am a Disney club member, do they still give the 10% discount of of Disney club members when purchasing the premium pass? If they do then i would get the same discount as if i had renewed by mail

AVP
12-19-2002, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Baloo
OK someone has to explain this to me. What is this thing about coupons. I have purchased Premium Passes for my parents for years and i never saw them getting any coupons. Doesn't the premium passess already come with the benefit of a 20% discount on merchandise or is it 10%?

Well, it goes something like this. When Premium APs renewed by mail last year, the renewal form said that we were *supposed* to get a coupon for 20% off a single merchandise purchase. Some restrictions apply, see store for details, yadda yadda yadda The normal PAP discount is 10%

Quite a few APs I know did not get these coupons. Neither my husband nor I got the coupon, so I went to guest relations and asked about it. The CM was nice enough to give both Tony and I our coupons, but said that we were "the only people" who didn't get them. (Yeah, whatever)

The same deal is in effect this year - if you renew by mail, you're supposed to get a 20% "bounceback" coupon when your new AP is mailed to you. There has been a bt of confusion because some people are getting coupons that expire 1/31/2003, while others are getting coupons that expire 1/31/2004

Speaking of Passes, their passes just expired on December 17 and i forgot to send their renewal to get the $20.00 discount. My question is this. I am a Disney club member, do they still give the 10% discount of of Disney club members when purchasing the premium pass? If they do then i would get the same discount as if i had renewed by mail

Hmmm - good question, and I don't have my Disney Club booklet handy. I think the discount is still in effect, so yes, you would save the same amount - but you wouldn't get the 20% coupon.

AVP

Baloo
12-19-2002, 06:20 PM
Thank you