PDA

View Full Version : DCA letters

DizneyMommy
01-16-2009, 11:06 AM
Does anyone know roughly when the california sign will be taken down? I have read reports that front gate construction starts in 2009, but not really when. I wanted to use it for our Christmas card photo next year, decided that before I read it was coming down this year!, and I want to have it taken as close to Fall as I can without missing them!

AlbertaMinnie
01-17-2009, 11:18 AM
I have really been out of the loop! I know all about the construction but I didn't know the letters were coming down... Is this a permanent thing or just temporary until the renovations are done?

Gone2Disneyland
01-17-2009, 12:51 PM
I have really been out of the loop! I know all about the construction but I didn't know the letters were coming down... Is this a permanent thing or just temporary until the renovations are done?

Gone gone gone! Here's a shot of the concept painting (http://www.flickr.com/photos/gone2disneyland/3015724851/in/set-72157608792602869/) that shows how they plan for DCA's main entrance to look when the construction's all done. The link leads you to my Flickr gallery of other shots I took at DCA's preview center Blue Sky Cellar (http://www.flickr.com/photos/gone2disneyland/sets/72157608792602869/).

AlbertaMinnie
01-17-2009, 01:50 PM
Wow, thank you! That looks amazing! On our tour last March it was mentioned that there was going to be a Walt and Mickey statue....I didn't notice anything in your pictures, was anything mentioned from what you saw?

Gone2Disneyland
01-17-2009, 03:01 PM
^ Not that I'd heard. The only thing close to that kind of homage for Walt in DCA that I know of would be the planned construction of a reproduction of the Carthay Theatre, the place where Walt premiered Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs back in the day. It'd be sort of DCA's version of Sleeping Beauty Castle, the first landmark you'd see as you entered the new and improved DCA.

dznyphreak
01-17-2009, 03:13 PM
Wow, thank you! That looks amazing! On our tour last March it was mentioned that there was going to be a Walt and Mickey statue....I didn't notice anything in your pictures, was anything mentioned from what you saw?

I believe there's supposed to be a statue of Walt and Mickey getting off a train, symbolizing Walt's arrival in California and the beginning of Disney's "California Adventure."

DizneyMommy
01-17-2009, 03:46 PM
Hey you hijakers, anyone gonna answer my OP?

AVP
01-17-2009, 05:50 PM
Hey you hijakers, anyone gonna answer my OP?You'll be ok - it should be over a year before that project begins.

AVP

AlbertaMinnie
01-17-2009, 08:35 PM
Hey you hijakers, anyone gonna answer my OP?

SORRY!! But thanks for starting the thread!

Yes, the Walt and Mickey getting off the train is what we were told while on a Disneyland Hotel Tour last March. I guess we will just have to wait and see.