PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade from 5/3 to AP?

hefferdude
12-16-2002, 10:30 AM
We have a guest with only two days used on a 5/3 park hoppper pass that is still good. We went during the eye spy weekend. Can this person upgrade to a SoCal AP through any Disney Store or do we have to come back to the park? We only have till Saturday!:confused:

Lani
12-16-2002, 10:53 AM
Ooooo, good question. You might want to phone the park. Any chance your friend can make it to the park this weekend?

Darkbeer
12-16-2002, 11:06 AM
One thing though, they will have to upgrade to a Deluxe. Disney requires moving "up", and since the ParkHopper cost $114, you can't go down in price (SoCal being $105). It does work for the kids version, since $90 (soon to be $95) is less than $105, you will just pay the $10 or $15 to upgrade.

The cheapest option with an adult 5 for 3 ParkHopper is a SoCal with parking at $145 ($31 to upgrade), but this option limits future upgrades to just Deluxe with Parking, or Premium. Or they could just upgrade to a Deluxe for $51 dollars.

mousey_girl
12-16-2002, 02:46 PM
I called my local Disney store with this same question. The only diff was that we hadn't yet used our tickets. I was told by the store manager that you can only upgrade at the park.

hefferdude
12-16-2002, 03:02 PM
Thanks. Had somewhat the same story from the local store here in SB. Seems a shame they don't offer that option other than the park itself. Bit of a missed business opportunity. Thanks for replying.:)

It doesn't look good to make it back to DL by Saturday.:(

RStar
12-16-2002, 03:32 PM
I know that the tickets will not be good after Sat., but will unused days still be good to upgrade to an AP? I'm sure you will need to do this at the park because they will need to read the tickets. Just a thought, and I know you won't get as much money towards the pass.

Also, if your friend can't make it, I wonder if you can buy the voucher for them before Sat., get reimbersed the $51 (if that's what they decide) and then they come in later to prosess the pass? So you can get the ball rolling for them before the Sat. date rolls by.

I know, I'm raising more questions than answering;) .

ldsguy
12-16-2002, 06:17 PM
I would say to call Guest Relations, but remember that the Annual Pass will be valid for one year from the first day the ticket was used....on these special deals the passes do expire, but you may be able to talk them into letting you exchange it for a valid admission media when you go back.