PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks and Fantasmic -- peak times only?

Pages : [1] 2

catlover1959
01-13-2009, 11:45 AM
Am I correct in thinking they are peak times only?

bstone76
01-13-2009, 09:34 PM
As far as I know Fantasmic is Daily and fireworks are just on select weekends until April.

Darkbeer
01-14-2009, 04:35 AM
If you look back over the last few years, Disney usually does ONE of the two choices in the off-season, not both.

In early 2009, Disney had to offer Fantasmic! daily due to the lack of a parade/Street Party due to refurb work on Main Street.

So we are getting Fantasmic! Daily and no fireworks except for the 2 busiest weekends before Easter Break. (This Weekend, MLK, Jr./NAMM weekend and February 12-16, Presidents Day weekend).

During Peak Easter Break, it is expected that both will be offered, and then for the second half of April and May, Disney will offer Fireworks on the weekend, and Fantasmic! will go on hiatus until Summer.

PoomShanka
01-27-2009, 05:23 PM
DS keeps asking if we're going to see his beloved fireworks when we're there next month (Feb 5th-9th) but I'm thinking there may not be any.

I looked at the calendar on Disneyland.com and maybe I'm just dingbatting, but I didn't see any mention of fireworks times. I figured there MIGHT be some on the weekends, but I just don't know.

TIA!!! :)

anniedg
01-27-2009, 06:35 PM
I didn't see them for your dates either, or ours. :(
I do think they are on for President's weekend.

reasonenough
01-27-2009, 07:19 PM
From what I understand from the Disney website (and fellow Mousepadders) the only weekend before Easter that fireworks are being shown on is the President's Day weekend.

PoomShanka
01-27-2009, 07:56 PM
Well poo. I was afraid of that. :( Thanks for letting me know! Maybe now we'll see Fantasmic! so the kids can have their fill of flashes and kabooms.

IdahoMike
01-27-2009, 08:38 PM
I believe that is true for February, but I'm pretty sure I've seen Darkbeer mention that the fireworks would be back on regular schedule sometime in March. I sure am hoping so!

Disneyland1955
02-04-2009, 01:43 PM
Does anyone know if the Fireworks and Fantasmic are going to be running at the end of April???:confused: And any news on referbs during that time as well??? thanks.

AaronInCal
02-05-2009, 12:50 AM
There should be the Remember fireworks show going at the end of April, but Fantasmic is scheduled to go back into rehab by the end of March and should be down until June, last I read about it..

Disneyland1955
02-05-2009, 01:59 AM
Thank you.

daisydog
02-09-2009, 10:35 AM
On March 8th the Disneyland calendar shows both fireworks and fantasmic will be offered.

Do you think this is actually true?

I was planning a trip on the 1st, but will push it back a week to see both shows.

TMC Lives
02-13-2009, 11:18 AM
Hi All!

I'm trying to plan a trip to take two three-year-olds to DL for two days.

We can come on any M-F, but absolutely not on a Saturday or Sunday.

When does DL start doing fireworks on weeknights?

Thanks!

Malcon10t
02-13-2009, 12:41 PM
The schedule says Mon, Mar 9th.

ryanvalle
02-13-2009, 01:45 PM
I wonder if that march date some how corresponds with the premiere of the new parade, or is it just a date since other states/countries start their spring breaks a lot earlier than the Anahiem/Socal Arrea

TMC Lives
02-13-2009, 01:51 PM
The schedule says Mon, Mar 9th.

Thank You! I don't know why I'm such a dummy that I couldn't figure that out.

Oh foo - does the schedule show parades? It doesn't look like they have any anymore?

Malcon10t
02-13-2009, 02:01 PM
Oh foo - does the schedule show parades? It doesn't look like they have any anymore?The new parade doesn't start til March 27th.

RedGoat
02-20-2009, 08:04 AM
I just checked the entertainment schedule for Disneyland and they don't have any fireworks scheduled until March 8th. :eek:

What's up with that???

DisneyDustin22
02-20-2009, 08:30 AM
they announced that a while back. fireworks were cut except for holiday weekends and peak times.

oh the weather outside is cutbacks...:rolleyes:

RedGoat
02-20-2009, 09:09 AM
You would think that with the 2fer thing that they would be doing fireworks every weekend.

Autopia Guy
02-20-2009, 09:21 AM
This one isn't so much a budget reason as more a safety reason. Main Street has about half of its width blocked in the south half for repaving. Not a good set up for after show exit.

Heck, they shouldn't have really done fireworks over MLK weekend because of all the random repair things going on along Main Street, but they did.

AaronInCal
02-21-2009, 04:05 AM
Also notice that starting March 8, the fireworks are daily for the rest of the month. Disneyland also starts extending the hours for the beginning of Spring Break the following week. Fantasmic will go back to running on the weekends.

hothitz2000
02-21-2009, 07:15 AM
Wow, I can't emagine going to disney and not having parades or fireworks. Everytime I have been to a disney park, they have had both. I guess I am just spoiled from going to disneyworld more than disneyland.

Kind of a bummer as I am taking my daughter for the first time. It takes a little away from the magic.

Malcon10t
02-21-2009, 07:44 AM
Kind of a bummer as I am taking my daughter for the first time. It takes a little away from the magic.I can understand, but you are going during a non-peak time. It used to be Disneyland was closed Mondays and Tuesdays, and closed at 6 on Wed and Thurs.

Because you are going at a very un-peak time, you just happen to encounter the time frame when they are repaving Main St, so bringing a parade down the route is impossible.

Fireworks during the week during off peak times is difficult as Disneyland is right in the middle of Anaheim. There is an agreement as to which days fireworks are permitted. Weekends are out for right now also due to the work being done on Main St.

NathanF
03-01-2009, 11:35 PM
I've been glancing at the Disneyland park schedule over the past few weeks, and it's come to my attention that starting on March 28th through April (at least, April 12th which is as far as they have gotten so far) there is no mention of Fantasmic. I'm worried as we're planning on going on the 26th! Thoughts?