PDA

View Full Version : Who knows about the big tree near tram pick-up?

coronado_g
01-12-2009, 10:25 PM
Just got back from a day at DLR and something is puzzling me. On the south end of the tram pick-up area (near the parking building), there is a very large tree surrounded by 3 circular hedges. It's lit up by surrounding spotlights and has about 3 wires anchoring some branches to the ground. This tree looks old in comparison to the other (young) trees in the tram area and the way it's set apart makes me think there's something special about it. Does anyone know anything about it?

dznyphreak
01-12-2009, 11:37 PM
I had heard at one point that that tree was original with the park, and planted by Walt Disney himself.

Don't know how true that is, but that's what I heard.

Franz
01-14-2009, 02:41 PM
Really??? That is so cool! (If its true) Anyone know for sure?

tod
01-15-2009, 07:50 AM
I had heard at one point that that tree was original with the park, and planted by Walt Disney himself.

Don't know how true that is, but that's what I heard.

If that's true, he didn't plant it there. That spot was in an RV park on West Street until the '80s if memory serves.

--t

dznyphreak
01-15-2009, 06:18 PM
If that's true, he didn't plant it there. That spot was in an RV park on West Street until the '80s if memory serves.

--t

Part of my story that I heard was that it was relocated, and originally from inside the park itself. So, you would be right.

coronado_g
01-15-2009, 11:38 PM
The way this tree is set apart (with the circular hedges and the multiple spotlights) made me think it has something to do with Walt himself. There's no plaque though.