PDA

View Full Version : New 32 ounce soda cups available at DLR

Pages : [1] 2

adriennek
01-12-2009, 12:45 PM
I haven't seen this posted anywhere so either I'm blind or I have NEWS, lol.

Today my littlest one and I went to the Park for a very lovely 2 hours. On our way out we stopped at Coke Corner for hot dogs and they have something new to me: 32 oz cups for soda!

The "regular" 20 oz soda is $2.69. The 32 oz cup is $3.99 for visitors, BUT it is only $2.99 for APs!!!! That's $2.99 before any food discounts. With my 15% discount today, it was about 25c more for the bump up.

Adrienne

MammaSilva
01-12-2009, 12:48 PM
Most excellent news there!

Andrew
01-12-2009, 01:46 PM
They're giving an AP discount on one soda? Not $10 minimum purchase?

pbmouseman
01-12-2009, 02:26 PM
Is that $2.99 for DAPs or only PAPs?

adriennek
01-12-2009, 02:30 PM
They're giving an AP discount on one soda? Not $10 minimum purchase?

Well if you ordered the soda with a meal, you'd get the discount. Sorry for that misrepresentation.

Is that $2.99 for DAPs or only PAPs?

Any AP.

Adrienne

Leap for Joy
01-12-2009, 03:05 PM
It's becoming more and more common to get the AP discount without the $10 purchase in my experience. I'm always surprised when it happens.

Malcon10t
01-12-2009, 03:08 PM
It's becoming more and more common to get the AP discount without the $10 purchase in my experience. I'm always surprised when it happens.It isn't supposed to be $10 food, its $10 on merchandise. I asked for a lead last trip and specifically asked and was told I could have the AP discount on any $ food.

dznyphreak
01-12-2009, 03:12 PM
If the whole $10 thing came up for AP's, I was never really sure what to do (I worked in Foods). I think I decided based on how nice/rude to me the Guest was. Seemed fair enough to me, don't you think? I mean, if it's less than $10, the most you could get is $1.50 off...that's not enough for anything at Disneyland, really...I guess it would add up over time though.

foolishmortal
01-12-2009, 06:43 PM
That's good news! 32oz fits us a lot better during a meal.

last trip we were told that PAP'S could not be used at the fruit carts anymore.
Is that still true?

bennette
01-12-2009, 08:47 PM
I don't know about the fruit carts but this past December I made an over $10 purchase at the Royal Street Veranda (the gumbo place)

They wouldn't take my pass for the discount. And true enough, when I checked later, they are not on the list of places that honor the discount. But why? It's quick service but they have sit down tables, for heaven's sake. The corn dog cart will give me the discount but not the gumbo place?

Sorry for distracting the thread but I'm just now remembering how weird this seemed at the time. I only popped in there because we were going to the Billy Hill show and I can't stand the fried chicken there so it's not like I'll be greatly inconvenienced in future but still...it was one of those "only in Disneyland" rationales.

TimBuk2
01-12-2009, 09:40 PM
I don't know about the fruit carts but this past December I made an over $10 purchase at the Royal Street Veranda (the gumbo place)

They wouldn't take my pass for the discount. And true enough, when I checked later, they are not on the list of places that honor the discount. But why? It's quick service but they have sit down tables, for heaven's sake. The corn dog cart will give me the discount but not the gumbo place?

Sorry for distracting the thread but I'm just now remembering how weird this seemed at the time. I only popped in there because we were going to the Billy Hill show and I can't stand the fried chicken there so it's not like I'll be greatly inconvenienced in future but still...it was one of those "only in Disneyland" rationales.

Someone told me it's because they [food carts] are a cash business only, no added taxes and don't have a register to provide them help with giving the 10% or 15% discounts.

bennette
01-12-2009, 10:05 PM
Someone told me it's because they [food carts] are a cash business only, no added taxes and don't have a register to provide them help with giving the 10% or 15% discounts.

How does a permanent facility with tables and chairs, qualify as a cart?

coronado_g
01-12-2009, 10:14 PM
Just walked in the door tonight after driving back from a day at DLR. I got the 32 oz cup at the gumbo place - they give you the drink at the $2.99 AP discount price BUT you don't get an AP discount on the gumbo! Is that crazy or what? The drink is huge - couldn't even finish it while waiting an hour for F! (which, by the way, was cancelled due to high winds) ~sigh~

foolishmortal
01-12-2009, 10:21 PM

That makes sense to me. The ones in TL gave the discount but not in FL.

CindyR
01-13-2009, 01:10 AM
I don't know if this is true, but one of the CMs told me that the soda is $2.99 with the purchase of a meal, plus you get the additional 10% AP discount on the entire purchase.

I assumed that meant that the 32 oz drink is $2.99 with the purchase of a meal for any guest, but APers get 10% off that price in addition? I'm not sure though.

I love this option though, but they seem like overall they're getting stricter with their menus. When I went Sunday, I asked to exchange rice for the fruit cup in the kids meal at the mexican place in DCA and then later that day I asked to exchange the apples for fries with my pizza at Village Haus and both times told no because the cost of the items were different. I've done both of these before, so I figured it was something implemented to help with costs at the beginning of the new year perhaps? Anyone else had this happen?

Boo's Mommy
01-13-2009, 08:40 AM
I'm just soo happy they are offering a larger size cup, we suck down their other cups sooo fast!

Wildwill
01-13-2009, 06:16 PM
Are they special souvenier cups?

adriennek
01-13-2009, 06:25 PM
Are they special souvenier cups?

Nope. They're the same material and design as the regular 20 oz cups.

Adrienne

Wildwill
01-13-2009, 06:37 PM
Darn. I love those souvenier coffee/hot chocolate mugs, and I was hoping for matching cheap tumblers.

Oh well.

adriennek
01-13-2009, 07:52 PM
Darn. I love those souvenier coffee/hot chocolate mugs, and I was hoping for matching cheap tumblers.

Oh well.

I don't know how far you are from the resort but I saw some tumbler/cup things at the Character Warehouse in Fullerton on Monday.

Adrienne

olegc
01-14-2009, 07:16 AM
I don't know how far you are from the resort but I saw some tumbler/cup things at the Character Warehouse in Fullerton on Monday.

Adrienne

70s coffee tumblers offered during the 50th
some non-lid character tumblers (lots of Hannah Montana)
popcorn buckets

jcruise86
01-17-2009, 07:46 AM
:eek: Just reminder that 32 ounces of Coke is REALLY, REALLY unhealthy.
Rent Supersize Me and Wall-e and take a hint. :geek:
Walk from the parking garage to the park.
Smell the candy being made, but don't buy the fudge.
--J. Cricket

Malcon10t
01-17-2009, 07:49 AM
:eek: Just reminder that 32 ounces of Coke is REALLY, REALLY unhealthy.Which is why I only buy Pepsi (actually, diet Pepsi..)

jcruise86
01-17-2009, 08:08 AM
Which is why I only buy Pepsi (actually, diet Pepsi.)
Yeah, I drink tons of diet soda and will probably die long before my fat friends.

I hope I don't die right before Disneyland opens the best E-ticket attraction ever.
And if I do, I hope God lets us leave heaven to visit Disneyland.
No offense, God. I'm sure heaven is great!

adriennek
01-17-2009, 08:58 AM
:eek: Just reminder that 32 ounces of Coke is REALLY, REALLY unhealthy.

It's healthier than two 20-oz servings...

Adrienne