PDA

View Full Version : Movie rides

Pages : [1] 2 3

MadasaHatter
01-12-2009, 09:34 AM
Are any of you disappointed by the movie tie in rides/lands

I mean, I am a Disneyland fan first and Pixar has certainly got me excited about the movies. But money and room aside what would be your THREE choices for ride tie ins?????

I think that the SUBS redo was awesome as it is a nod to nostalgia and a really cool underwater dark ride so I think I would like to add to TOMORROWLAND with two out of my three...

1) I would really dig the PEOPLE MOVERS to come back as the INCREDIBLES spheres. Loooooved that movie and seeing those bubbles zoom around would be so very cool for the landscape of T-land. A high tech version of the ride could have screens and different things could be going on to make you feel like you were zipping around the villains complex instead of Disneyland. Inside it could be like the HAUNTED MANSION and you would see EDNA's clothes etc.

2) WALL-E- maybe like an old Mission to Mars sort of thing where you flew around??? MAybe too close to STAR TOURS but another perfect tie in in Tomorrowland.

3)I would put a dark ride version of Aladdin in Adventureland with THE WHOLE NEW WORLD and you would fly around the world. Perrrrrrfect Adventure tie in and the popularity of Peter Pan would be repeated and then there would be a dark ride in all lands....hmmmmm a Woody Dark ride in FRONTIERLAND....there I go again getting all riled up........of course I am mad.....

jenniebean
01-12-2009, 10:45 AM
3)I would put a dark ride version of Aladdin in Adventureland with THE WHOLE NEW WORLD and you would fly around the world.
I'm not sure about the Disney Quest in WDW, but there was an Aladdin simulator like this in the Disney Quest we used to have in Chicago, but it ended up being really, really lame. Plus they have Aladdin's Magic Carpets in WDW which is like Dumbo, but with carpets, & they already have the show at DCA, so... don't see them investing much more money in that film following...

MadasaHatter
01-12-2009, 10:54 AM
I know all of that so it is time to put a NEW SHOW in......don't need to see that anymore. THey should have rotating shows moving all over the theme parks and WITH THE POPULARITY of PETER PAN it is a shoo-in for a FLY OVER ride. The dumbo carpets are nothing new. The show doesn not fly you over EGYPT and FRANCE etc. IT would of course be permanent and would insure another popular ride. I still fell like a kid swooping over London and never tire of it but Snow White and Pinocchio is a bit tedious time after time. of course I may be mad....

disneylandgirl
01-12-2009, 10:57 AM
I vote for a huge "Woody" theme ride in Frontierland. They really should have put the new Toy Story ride in Frontierland. I guess they just need more interesting things in CA though.

Bytebear
01-12-2009, 01:50 PM
I want an Little Mermaid ride in Disneyland. No, not the dark ride, but a ride based on the old Octopus ride you have at carnivals. But it would be themed to Ursula, and you could put it where the old motorboats were, putting the queue either on that dock, or on the viewing steps formerly for Light Magic (Small World overflow queue).

underthesea1987
01-12-2009, 03:57 PM
I want a Beauty and the beast Dark ride, as well as The Little mermaid ride

Tan Da Man
01-12-2009, 07:52 PM
Something Lion King? Please nothing else Toy Story..

Carina
01-12-2009, 09:15 PM
Something Lion King? Please nothing else Toy Story..

NO KIDDING!

I have been puzzled for years over why some movies are 'over represented 'while other HUGLY popular movies are ignored... Lion King was a HUGE success for Disney and won a ton of awards and yet has no representation in the parks at all

jenniebean
01-12-2009, 10:00 PM
Lion King was a HUGE success for Disney and won a ton of awards and yet has no representation in the parks at all
There used to be a LK show-thing in WDW, but Mickey's PhilharMagic replaced it (definite upgrade) & there's a fantastic show in in the AK there as well.

I think something like the Laugh Floor in WDW, which uses the same technology as Turtle Talk with Crush, would do well in DL if Timon & Pumbaa did the stand up. The stage could be pride rock!

I am patiently awaiting a Mary Poppins experience... I want a street artist to make a drawing I can magically hop into & have penguins serve me in a cute café. :D Until then, I'd be content with something Beauty & the Beast themed, like amerikanbeanhead said. If you're familiar with Mickey's PhilharMagic in WDW, my second favorite scene is when the food dances by to "Be Our Guest" & you can smell it all-- I want THAT effect in our imaginary B&tB ride, too.

Also, I'd like a Central Park carriage ride with an Enchanted storyline... if it were an omnimover track like HM, you wouldn't need to come up with a way around the lack of horses. The queue can have large murals of the opening animated scenes. It would be indoors, traveling "down the well" (a la the beginning of Alice) & through the apartment with animatronic Giselle singing "Happy Working Song" with the pigeons & cockroches (different rooms, too-- kitchen, family room, bathroom) then "outside" through Central Park (over bridges, down pathways, around the fountain) to the tune of "How Does She Know?" with, most importantly, a life sized animatronic McDreamy. The "outdoor" portion could have a glass ceiling to take advantage of all the sunny California days (& artificial sun for the rainy days & evening hours) before heading upwards to see the queen plotting the whole apple thing & then into Tony's for the Pip v. Nathanial thing. There doesn't even need to be the awkward reunion with Edward, just the dialogue before descending down a "staircase" (also like Alice or HM) into the ballroom scene (maybe this time they'll have the men lead :rolleyes:) before a quick little glimpse of miniaturized climactic dragon-death behind glass & shot of happy Robert, Giselle, & Morgan (similar to the end of Snow White).

LOVE the idea about The Incredibles spheres out n' about!

MadasaHatter
01-13-2009, 01:40 AM
NOW that is what I am talking about fellow Disney freaks. THese are good ideas. AND I totally agree about the over theming of one film and the lack of other films.....

I think TOY STORY MANIA puts BUZZ LIGHTYEAR to shame now. So I would not really care if that went away at some point.

Thanks for the vote on the INCREDIBLE spheres. I really think my suggestions are no brainers. Duplicating the INSANELY simple technology of PETER PAN for Aladdin would be Sooooooooooooo easy. I really dug the LITTLE MERMAID but not that excited about the ride.

LION KING!!!! What IS up with that. I must say that the LION KING parade was the coolest parade DISNEY ever had.

My favorite Disney movie (non PIXAR) is Hercules. An avid NEW YORKER reader here and GERALD SCARFE'S art had always been my favorite so when he designed that film I went crazy. SO VERY cool. I would lovelovelove a Hercules ride but I think it will be a cold day in Hades when that happens.....of course I am mad....

jenniebean
01-13-2009, 01:44 AM
I think TOY STORY MANIA puts BUZZ LIGHTYEAR to shame now. So I would not really care if that went away at some point. But I suck at TSMM & rock at Buzz, lol... can't take that away!

My favorite Disney movie (non PIXAR) is Hercules.
Ever get to see Hercules: The Muse-ical (ha-- get it? :rolleyes:) on the Disney Cruise? It'd be nice to see it revamped for DCA. Although, the one time my friend & I found a Herc for a photo op, it was *so* gross: he insisted we pose with our hands on his shoulders which were all stubbly from shaving! Ew.

californiagirlx7
01-13-2009, 01:49 AM
I really want them to make a Beauty & the Beast dark ride at some point. It's my favorite movie and I absolutely love the Beast's library in the Animation Building at DCA. Lion King also needs some representation in the parks too.

I like the idea of The Incredibles "spheres."

disneylandgirl
01-13-2009, 08:52 AM
I am patiently awaiting a Mary Poppins experience... I want a street artist to make a drawing I can magically hop into & have penguins serve me in a cute café. :D

I second a Mary Poppins ride. That is one of Disney's greatest accomplishments, and yet there is hardly anything "Mary" at the park. It's also by far my favorite Disney movie.

explodingboy
01-13-2009, 09:31 AM
as much as i love toy story, one ride is enough, for both parks. i think the head cheeses at disney need to sit & really think about what they can do to make that park (at least tomorrowland) a little better. i love everything the way it is, dont get me wrong, but i would for sure like to see some improvements on some of the old ride skeletons just sitting there (ie rocketrods) anyone agree?

underthesea1987
01-13-2009, 09:39 AM
A general princess ride where you can go through and see all of them and I dont know Im not as organized in my brain as jenniebean:)

Tan Da Man
01-13-2009, 10:04 AM
I think there should be more rides themed after the older movies, I just am not a fan of all the CGI Pixar movies..I like the classics

disneylandgirl
01-13-2009, 11:17 AM
as much as i love toy story, one ride is enough, for both parks. i think the head cheeses at disney need to sit & really think about what they can do to make that park (at least tomorrowland) a little better. i love everything the way it is, dont get me wrong, but i would for sure like to see some improvements on some of the old ride skeletons just sitting there (ie rocketrods) anyone agree?

Yes, tomorrowland needs some upgrades.

disneylandgirl
01-13-2009, 11:18 AM
I think there should be more rides themed after the older movies, I just am not a fan of all the CGI Pixar movies..I like the classics

I agree with this as well. But you know business... keep up with what's new.

Tan Da Man
01-13-2009, 01:29 PM
I agree with this as well. But you know business... keep up with what's new.

Sadly true...which is why "Cars" gets it's own land...I think the movie is deserving of a ride, but uh, not a whole land..especially in a park that's supposed to be California themed

jenniebean
01-13-2009, 04:57 PM
I like the classics
Yeah, let's break out the Bambi shooting range :~D

Sadly true...which is why "Cars" gets it's own land...I think the movie is deserving of a ride, but uh, not a whole land..especially in a park that's supposed to be California themed
I dunno... I'm looking at it as more of what "Radiator Springs" is supposed to be in the movie-- an homage to the forgotten roadside stops along Rt. 66, which is why I'm so excited to see all the crazy unique little tie-ins the animators did for the film built on a grand scale in real life. I think that as long as they keep piping in "Get Your Kicks on 66," it won't get too... you know.

disneylandgirl
01-13-2009, 05:03 PM
And "cars" does have a lot to do with California... the traffic! :fez: Haha

DisneyFanKat
01-13-2009, 05:14 PM
A Bambi shooting range!!!?? hahahahahaa (I was able to laugh after the initial shock of seeing that - only because was so unexpected!)

Dang - I'm loving some of these ideas that are posted.... How can you somehow relay your ideas to the Imagineers??!

Tan Da Man
01-13-2009, 06:02 PM
Yeah, let's break out the Bambi shooting range :~D

I dunno... I'm looking at it as more of what "Radiator Springs" is supposed to be in the movie-- an homage to the forgotten roadside stops along Rt. 66, which is why I'm so excited to see all the crazy unique little tie-ins the animators did for the film built on a grand scale in real life. I think that as long as they keep piping in "Get Your Kicks on 66," it won't get too... you know.

Hahaha they should totally change the shooting gallery in frontierland to shooting Bambi's mother!!

And Im sure Cars Land will be awesome and a huge improvement..but I think just a ride would've done

ScottC4746
01-14-2009, 04:51 AM
I want an Little Mermaid ride in Disneyland. No, not the dark ride, but a ride based on the old Octopus ride you have at carnivals. But it would be themed to Ursula, and you could put it where the old motorboats were, putting the queue either on that dock, or on the viewing steps formerly for Light Magic (Small World overflow queue).

I don't think that would be good. That was the big critizim at DLCA was too many carnival rides.

ScottC4746
01-14-2009, 04:54 AM
Here is an idea for DCA...since Disney Studios in FL has the Great Movie Ride (Albiet all Hollywood not just Disney), why not build a similar attraction at DCA only ALL Disney movies.