PDA

View Full Version : Ride closer deal breakers

MadasaHatter
01-12-2009, 09:25 AM
Ok,

Heading to Disneyland in February with one or two friends (have a Disney hater on the fence about going) and just wondered how intense you all look at the ride closers. What are your deal breakers????

I really love Disneyland but hate crowds so it is always a predicament for me. I love going in the off season but that means closures. I scour the boards and pick the EXACT right time to go. We always go around my birthday and the HAUNTED MANSION is always in NBC mode so I cannot plan a trip for January because the mansion is down. That is my deal breaker. My friend went with us last year and was seriously devastated about IASW. She really thought about postponing the trip for this year because that is her favorite ride.

I also like it when a ride is down because it makes me just that more excited to ride it the NEXT time I am at the park.....of course I am mad.....

disneylandgirl
01-12-2009, 11:11 AM
Well, I see three weekends in February that say:

Closed for Refurbishment:
None scheduled at this time.

So it looks like you'll be safe. When are you going?

Carina
01-12-2009, 09:04 PM
It wouldnt stop me from going but it would seriously dampen my excitement if POTC is down this may - because we went in 2006 when it was closed for months and months and we were so bummed ( kids had never been hubby and I had not been since we were kids)

Now they've had it on and off the refurbishment list for months now, first it was last fall, then feb, now march or April someone keeps saying and I just keep thinking NOPE It'll be May 10-13 I jsut know it.

All the other closures were minimal while we were there ( bugs 3D and one other little thing I cant remember) but the only thing that we "missed" was Pirates

I REALLLLLLLY hope we get to go on it this time, it was my FAVORITE FAVORITE FAVORITE ride when I went as a kid!

Tan Da Man
01-12-2009, 09:07 PM
I have some friends that want to go Febuary 12-14..but Haunted Mansion and Matterhorn are both closed, so Im trying to convince them to push it back a week.

I think Haunted Mansion, POTC, Splash Mountain, or Space Mountain would all make me find a new date..but if Matterhorn or Indy were closed I would go but it wouldnt be the same

MadasaHatter
01-13-2009, 01:57 AM
Well, I see three weekends in February that say:

Closed for Refurbishment:
None scheduled at this time.

So it looks like you'll be safe. When are you going?

REALLY???? Last I looked POTC was going to be down. That would be awesome if it is up and running. We are going to be in the parks on the 19th and 20th of FEBRUARY.

Wildwill
01-13-2009, 07:14 AM
Doesn't bother me too much when something is closed, I'll just ride it next time.

houseofmouse
01-13-2009, 07:40 AM
I saw today Jedi Training will be down for refurb starting the 21st of Feb. How do you refurb a live show??

disneylandgirl
01-13-2009, 08:33 AM
REALLY???? Last I looked POTC was going to be down. That would be awesome if it is up and running. We are going to be in the parks on the 19th and 20th of FEBRUARY.

Yep, I just checked the DL calender online, and for those two days there are no refurbs scheduled. Of course, we all know that can change... but I'd say it's a good time to go.

DaDuckFan1955
01-13-2009, 09:50 AM
I guess the parks are busier in Feb than during spring break in April?

otherwise why close POTC during spring break instead of in Feb?

POTC is my deal breaker, if it is not up I wait until it is, since we only go once or twice a year due to cost.

initially the DLR update stated POTC was closing in Feb for refurbishment and hopefully wisdom will prevail and not hold it off until April/May but then again wisdom and clear thinking seem to currently be seriously lacking at DLA, what with the Monorail ventilation fiasco and the healthier food additions at the loss of favorite comfort foods and other issues.

disneylandgirl
01-13-2009, 05:06 PM
I think spring break will be MUCH busier than February.

MadasaHatter
01-22-2009, 10:38 AM
I am going on THU FRI the 18 and 19 of Feb....I think I have those dates right. I see that the POTC is slated to be open so it will be a fantastic trip. I am looking forward to seeing IASW also. Not one of my faves but I appreciate it and I have turned the corner on the song. IT doesn't stick in my head anymore. I guess I am numb. I think all of the PARADE songs and are much worse.....but that is just my opinion.

jaccic97
01-22-2009, 11:33 AM
I have some friends that want to go Febuary 12-14..but Haunted Mansion and Matterhorn are both closed, so Im trying to convince them to push it back a week.

I think Haunted Mansion, POTC, Splash Mountain, or Space Mountain would all make me find a new date..but if Matterhorn or Indy were closed I would go but it wouldnt be the same

Both rides are scheduled to be back up on Valentines Day for the 3 day weekend.:D

Tan Da Man
01-22-2009, 06:11 PM
Good news for me, because we got stuck having to go Feb 12-14