PDA

View Full Version : What has the line been like at the Bank?

CAdreamer
01-10-2009, 08:13 PM
I need to activate my very first AP when I arrive on Tuesday before I can check into the Disneyland Hotel (I got AP rates). I have heard that the lines have been incredibly long...can anyone verify? How long does it normally take to get through the line?

Thanks in advance!

Darkbeer
01-10-2009, 08:42 PM
Wednesday night was crazy....

The line went past the set-up queue, which is usually over 45 minutes.

CAdreamer
01-10-2009, 09:14 PM
ouch. Guess I might have to send my mum and kids down mainstreet for some shopping while I wait. Could be worse, though, I did get an AP! :D That is worth a bit in line.

Is that temp. AP ticket they give you to get in the gate any good for fast passes?? Maybe I could see if my mom would go get fp's for us while I'm in line...

Jodi
01-10-2009, 09:43 PM
The tickets should be fine for fast passes.

As far as the line goes, from my experience/observation, the line seems to be longest first thing in the morning and then again in the evening.

If it seems really long when you arrive in the morning, you might want to try around midday, but don't wait too long, many folks plan on taking care of it "on the way out" leading to longer lines at night.

9volt
01-11-2009, 09:41 AM
We were there yesterday, and we waited for about 30 minutes in the evening.

houseofmouse
01-11-2009, 10:07 AM
Why is it so long?

Darkbeer
01-11-2009, 10:14 AM
A combination of a lot of things.

Many students are still out for Christmas Break (return tomorrow) and the family took them to Disneyland and decided to upgrade.

Folks who got a "Gift Certificate" for an AP as a Christmas gift are showing up to the parks to have their voucher processed to the actual AP.

And folks in general that want to take advantage of the new Monthly Payment plans for Southern Californians. Many will upgrade at the Ticket Booths when they arrive in the morning, and do most of the paperwork at the Ticket Booth, but still have to go to the Bank of Main Street for a photograph. (The way the Ticket Windows are set up, taking photos doesn't work with the guests on the outside, bad/tricky lighting).

Also, you can upgrade your Free Birthday ticket, and some guests are opting to use it as a down payment towards the AP.

Disney is pushing for MORE Annual Passholders, and it seems to be working.

donaldwoods
01-11-2009, 06:39 PM
We have been there a couple of nights since they started offering the pay as you go pass, and it has been a mad house. We added parking to one of our AP's and we waited 50 minutes at 10:30 and the line was that long all day. Another thing is the ticket booth lines are extremely long, even on days where the same time last year they were not as bad. I really think you will see another AP center open in the park sometime this year. The bank is just too small to house it all. On thing I did notice was a CM offering people another free days entry into the park to do their AP another time.

Karin
01-11-2009, 07:33 PM
When we left around 2 today it looked long.

stan4d_steph
01-12-2009, 09:55 AM
There's a picture of a recent line in today's MousePlanet DL Update. Click here (http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=dl090112xx#news9).

MaraMouse
01-13-2009, 03:33 AM
When we fell in that line on the 4th, the cm said it would be an hour to an hour and a half, but it was actually 45mins, they kept trying to encourage us to come back another day, but I was determined, and with the Christmas parade passing by the wait wasn't so bad.