PDA

View Full Version : Gift with purchase Sundays for pins 2009

MeelaneMouse
01-09-2009, 12:51 PM
Anyone know where to find the exact dates for this year? I used to go on Dizpins, but now it goes directly to the Official Disney Pin Trading site. This is fine, but I can't seem to find the exact dates for the GWP Sundays. Sometimes it would fall on the second Sunday because of a holiday or something. I HAVE TO get all of the pins for the Haunted Mansion background!!! :)

olegc
01-09-2009, 03:08 PM
Anyone know where to find the exact dates for this year? I used to go on Dizpins, but now it goes directly to the Official Disney Pin Trading site. This is fine, but I can't seem to find the exact dates for the GWP Sundays. Sometimes it would fall on the second Sunday because of a holiday or something. I HAVE TO get all of the pins for the Haunted Mansion background!!! :)

GWP has always been the 1st sunday of each month (unless there is a technical problem).

If you go to disneypins.com, left hand side click Events, then Disneyland, there should be a link for the HM GWP program. One a month until June.

bananaman20
01-09-2009, 03:25 PM
I bought $50 worth of pins on May 7th last year, which was a Wednesday, and I was still able to get two GWP pins from the Jungle Cruise collection. i love the HM pins too btw.

MeelaneMouse
01-09-2009, 03:30 PM
yeah, it is usually the first Sunday of the month. And Hey, if it's not the first Sunday, then I'll just have to go back the following Sunday after that! Duh!!!! What was I thinking!:p

charpaul
01-09-2009, 04:01 PM
The GWP pins are always available on the 1st Sunday of the month. They will continue to be available until they have all been given out. If a particular pin (or design) is VERY popular (like the HM pin set that they are currently doing) it may only be available for a short time....
When I was collecting the GWP pins in the past I would always try to be at the park on the first Sunday of the month, just in case they ran out before I could get there on the following weekend.

ryanvalle
01-10-2009, 10:42 AM
can someone tell me more of what GWP Sundays is or point me to a link that would explain it? i'm a pin collector (still new at it) and this looks like an interesting program.

ryanvalle
01-10-2009, 10:45 AM
found it
http://eventservices.disney.go.com/pintrading/event?id=41521

gwp: gift with purchase right?

Tinker Bell
01-10-2009, 11:04 AM
Right gift with $25 PIN purchase

MaraMouse
01-13-2009, 03:28 AM
I got the background and first pin, does delivears works for this?

cstephens
01-23-2009, 09:16 PM
They're posting the release dates of each new pin in the series on the official Disney pin trading site, so you can check dates there as each month approaches.

Mickey as the knight is the pin for February, which will be released on the first. Here's the pin. (http://eventservices.disney.go.com/pintrading/pin?id=42292)

IdahoMike
01-24-2009, 08:20 AM
I'd love to get some of these, but we are going late in March, so we will miss out on the March one, and not be there for April. I wonder if people are trading them to cast members at all this time? The tiki room and jungle cruise ones were always available on CM lanyards.

bananaman20
01-24-2009, 02:55 PM
I wonder if people are trading them to cast members at all this time? The tiki room and jungle cruise ones were always available on CM lanyards.
I went to Disneyland this past Sunday and Monday, the 18 and 19, and was only able to find one of the January GWP pins on Cast Lanyards after trading on both days.