PDA

View Full Version : Backstage Shortcuts

MaraMouse
01-08-2009, 02:41 PM
I forgot what night it was during my last trip, but they opened two backstage shortcuts, one was from Main Street to Tomorrow Land, we ended up exiting by the Starcade I think.. it was pretty cool, going behind the scenes, and boy was it faster than going all the way around, not much to see though, just white buildings at the back of Space Mountain.

Then the second was a door that went the length of Main Street so that people could just walk straight through and exit the park easier without having to deal with the crowds, but we weren't trying to go that direction so I didn't get to take that secret shortcut, but it was interesting to see that they opened it up.

Autopia Guy
01-08-2009, 04:42 PM
They usually open up the Backstage behind Space Mountain only on July 4th and NYE.

Seeing as I get to see Backstage almost every day, it isn't really all that impressive to me. But, yes, it is much faster than walking the on stage route.

And I think they shouldn't open up Backstage West (behind the Emporium) to guests. It smells back there a lot because of the Jungle Cruse water and the Compactor for the foods stuff on that side of Main Street.

MaraMouse
01-08-2009, 05:23 PM
Hmm I guess I was lucky enough not to smell it!

dznyphreak
01-08-2009, 07:11 PM
And I think they shouldn't open up Backstage West (behind the Emporium) to guests. It smells back there a lot because of the Jungle Cruse water and the Compactor for the foods stuff on that side of Main Street.

I agree. Not very glamorous at all. I had never realized that Jungle Cruise gets so close to Main St. until I went back there either.

tod
01-09-2009, 05:09 AM

I grew up in the produce market and the smell of rotting food doesn't bother me, but a lot of people were complaining the last time I was routed back there.

--t