PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a guestimate of attendance for this weekend?

HBTiggerFan
12-15-2002, 09:45 PM
I am looking for a rough estimate of attendance for this weekend. I have heard that on Friday night the line for PotC was 45 minutes Saturday the attendance was around 60,000 by 3p.m.

Thanks!

HeeHeeHeeHoHoHo
12-15-2002, 09:52 PM
like 1 million people

ldsguy
12-15-2002, 10:05 PM
it's impossible to be a million, if you want a real estimeate, I would guess on Saturday (I was there that day, any others I can't help with sorry)

DL: 70-80K minimum
DCA: 30-40K

With an overlapse of Park Hoppers averaging about 20-30K

These are only guestimates, if you ever really want to know what the actual attendance is on a day you are there, at least up to that point, look for security without an earpiece and see if you can listen to thier speakers they will say it's a 30K day or whatever the case may be,, basically 30 K=30,000 people 1 K=1,000 and so on.

daannzzz
12-16-2002, 07:26 AM
I was there Saturday morning and rode tons of stuff. I left Disneyland at 11:30 and went to lunch at Storytellers and then went back to the hotel for a rest and then went into DCA by 2:30 where there was alot of people in the walkways but it was not crowded and the lines were not long...except for the SunWheel which had a bit of a wait. I left DCA at 6:00 and went into Disneyland where it was the most crowded I have seen. Splash had a posted 2 hour wait with fast pass return for 10:00-11:00. Haunted mansion had a 2 hour posted wait and I don;t think Fastpass was available. Indy only had a 50 minute wait with no more Fastpasses and the Jungle cruise was virtually walk on and with the thrill ride version of the Jungle Cruise in effect it is no wonder people were opting to skip it. After beleive Main Street was the worst I had ever seen.

ldsguy
12-16-2002, 06:13 PM
I went on Jungle Cruise saturday night, the skipper was hillarious and they actualy did the Ghost Ship (see the jungle Cruise post), but that was the first I had ever seen of it.

disneygeek87
12-16-2002, 06:24 PM
I have a book that shows Disneyland attendance records. It says that the average # of guests per day is 75,000.

TomorMatt
12-17-2002, 01:47 AM
I had started a thread earlier about my impression (somewhat exaggerated) that Saturday was the busiest day ever. If the Park was not at or near capacity, I cannot imagine what it is like when it gets that busy. We have a stroller and moving from attraction to attraction proved very difficult. We will be taking the rest of the Holidays off from DL and will return in early Feb with the hope that crowds will be substantially smaller.

HBTiggerFan
12-17-2002, 07:31 AM
While all this is interesting, it wasn't quite what I was looking for. The mods can lock this or prune it if they wish :)

LIMANDL4EVA
12-20-2002, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by HeeHeeHeeHoHoHo
like 1 million people

Like Hee Said

Scientifically speaking, I would say estimating the wind factor times the height of that new ride at cedar point, divided by the 12 days of christmas, minus how many dyas until christmas squared, i would say.....

203, 451 people total at the resort this weekend

but thats just a rough guess

Rallymonkey23
12-20-2002, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by LIMANDL4EVA

203, 451 people total at the resort this weekend

I remember speaking to a higher up one time and he said that a few times in the past, they had to turn people away at the gates. I believe he said the park could hold somewhere around 80,000 people. So if you figure 80,000 for Disneyland and 80,000 people for DCA, (yeah right :rolleyes: ) Then that would be 160,000 people. Downtown Disney could easily hold 43,451 people. So your guestimate could be right on. :D

Although you might want to take away 70,000 people from DCA. ;)

HeeHeeHeeHoHoHo
12-21-2002, 11:41 PM
Hmmm what would you do IF there were 80,000 people in DCA? Sit on the wide walk ways?

Soarin would be out of Fastpasses in 20 minutes - The Fastpass for It's Tough to Be a Bug would actually be used - It's too cold to go on GRR - Screamin would have a line snaking around to the entrance of the Pier.....

I know! Sit and watch Golden Dreams over and over and over again.