PDA

View Full Version : Anyone notice that Muholland Madness has really smoothed out?

ktrm
01-05-2009, 08:56 PM
I recently came back from a fantastic trip to DL and San Diego with my family over Christmas break. I was so surprised when I rode Muholland Madness at DCA. It has really smoothed out. I was not being jerked around like I normally am. It was like a totally different ride. My mom who is 75 and has back problems was so thrilled. This ride reminds her of her youth on the boardwalks on the east coast but she had been avoiding it because it was so rough. She was impressed with the improvements.

I was also thrilled that the double swing for smaller riders on the Orange Stinger at DCA was working. My little one was really excited to ride it for the first time.

houseofmouse
01-06-2009, 07:33 AM
That is interesting. I wonder how they smoothed it out? Maybe slowed it down? I always leave extra room between the lap bar and my stomach, because those stops are a killer!! We did not ride this past OCt. but maybe will give it a try in Feb.
Thanks for sharing.

DisneyDustin22
01-06-2009, 08:11 AM
I was there Xmas eve...felt like the same ride to me as always. It cant really be slowed down. Unless more brakes are added. But then it runs the risk of not having enough speed to make the circuit. Could have been the weight distribution in the car. Too much weight on either side of the car will make turns feel much more powerful.

Tan Da Man
01-06-2009, 01:41 PM
I rode it a few weeks ago and it felt the same to me

bananaman20
01-06-2009, 03:02 PM
Personally, I love the jerks and almost throwing my back out each time I ride:p

Bytebear
01-06-2009, 03:16 PM
I wish the cars were a little bigger. It's the only ride I feel cramped in.

Heffalump
01-06-2009, 10:08 PM
We love this ride. My son is finally getting to where he laughs so much when he rides it. My daughter still will not try it. lol

Tan Da Man
01-07-2009, 11:07 AM
best part of this ride was the first time I went on this ride I just thought it was a little kiddy coaster..it scared the crap out of me lol

MouseVII
01-08-2009, 05:36 PM
I think the name of the ride isn't very accurate. You can't go that fast on the actual street! But its an awesome ride. One of the few coasters I'll go on. Only been on it a few times, though (most recently last summer), so I can't comment on the roughness of the ride.

mstaft
01-09-2009, 07:27 AM
Rode it on the 29th of December- same rough ride as always, I thought.
My youngest daughter had never ridden. She didn't care for it.

Mark