PDA

View Full Version : The "Pay for Disneyland, get DCA for FREE!" 2fer offer is back - on sale through June

Darkbeer
01-05-2009, 06:21 PM
The same basic offer as last year...

Version 1 - "Pay for Disneyland, get DCA for FREE!" - One day at each park on TWO different days (second visit must be within 30 days of the first visit) - Cannot be used as a ParkHopper - Same price as a one day/one park ticket (currently $69 for adults, $59 for kids 3 through 9)

Version 2 - 2 day ParkHopper for the price of a 1-day ParkHopper. Same 30 day rule for the second visit, currently $94 for adults, $84 for kids 3 through 9.

Same basic rules as last year, must live in Southern California (proof of a zip code in the 90000-93599 range) to USE the ticket. (But yes, not too many CM's check at the turnstiles) or in Baja California. Tickets on sale and first use must be between January 6th and June 3rd, 2009.

One special exception for the "What will you celebrate?" theme, if your birthday is from tomorrow until June 3rd and live in Southern California/Baja California, Mexico, instead of a free one day/one park ticket, you will get a special 2fer BIRTHDAY ticket, basically a free "Pay for Disneyland, get DCA for FREE! on a different date" (No parkhopping unless you pay to upgrade - $25).

houseofmouse
01-05-2009, 06:42 PM
Why O why is it always So. Cal??? So frustrating!

avalosn
01-05-2009, 06:47 PM
Whhhhhhhhhhhhhy??????? First, monthly payment AP plans, and now the crappy 2fer! I dread 2fer time! I guess this stuff is good for those who still want to enjoy Disneyland but I am worried how the crowds are going to be this coming year.........Oh well, the more the merrier I guess.........

ryanvalle
01-05-2009, 07:17 PM
Question for this.
if your birthday falls in that area and you get the free ticket, will it be the same 2fer ticket?

AVP
01-05-2009, 07:21 PM
Also: the 2Fer ticket is considered valid admission media for the purposes of the What Will You Celebrate offer, so people who purchase a 2Fer can receive one of the three Alternate Gifts.

AVP

jenniebean
01-05-2009, 10:04 PM
YAY! I think I can convince my friends to come to the parks with me now!

ETA: i.e. birthday party in Disneyland with my friends the weekend after the one with my parents :D

CindyR
01-07-2009, 07:39 PM
Is there anyways to get out of the use within 30 days rule? Like if you pay an additional fee? Just curious, because my dad's birthday is February 6th and my mom's is March 11th so they wouldn't be able to go together because his second day will be expired. My dad swore he was done with DL until he had grandchildren to take, but he was open to the free birthday admission when I asked. Haha, it'd be nice for them to be able to go together though.

Autopia Guy
01-08-2009, 12:13 AM
Is there anyways to get out of the use within 30 days rule? Like if you pay an additional fee?

The is no way unfortunately. It is printed on the ticket and hard coded into the system that the ticket expired 30 days after first use.

Malcon10t
01-08-2009, 05:55 AM
Is there anyways to get out of the use within 30 days rule? Like if you pay an additional fee? Just curious, because my dad's birthday is February 6th and my mom's is March 11th so they wouldn't be able to go together because his second day will be expired. My dad swore he was done with DL until he had grandchildren to take, but he was open to the free birthday admission when I asked. Haha, it'd be nice for them to be able to go together though.Use his "Birthday Ticket"?

Jacque471
01-08-2009, 10:21 AM
On the buy a day at DL get a day at DCA free, can you use the DCA day first? The reason I ask is DH's birthday is 2/27, mine is 4/1. I am hoping we can get me a 2fer pass to get in on his Bday. Then somewhere in the middle use my DCA day and get him a 2fer to use the DCA day only. Then he can use the DL day to get in on my Bday. Anyone know if this would work or do you have to go to DL first and then get into DCA "free" within 30 days.

Basically we are trying to figure out the cheapest way to get the most out of our Bday passes since we are just a few days past the 30 day mark! Plus DS is still 2 so he gets in free and I know he would LOVE to go back as many times as we will take him LOL

Jacque

CindyR
01-08-2009, 10:32 AM
Use his "Birthday Ticket"?

Well he'll have to use his birthday ticket February 6th, and his second admission by March 8th. My mother's birthday isn't until March 11th, so there's no overlapping dates is the problem.

Autopia Guy
01-08-2009, 10:45 AM
On the buy a day at DL get a day at DCA free, can you use the DCA day first?

2fer Tickets have no restriction on which park has to be first and which on you have 30 days to return to. I wish people would quit branding it as such.

Heck, if we are going to give it such a misnomer, why don't we call it the "Return to Disneyland for $25 within 30 days" ticket?

Jacque471
01-08-2009, 11:26 AM
2fer Tickets have no restriction on which park has to be first and which on you have 30 days to return to. I wish people would quit branding it as such.

Heck, if we are going to give it such a misnomer, why don't we call it the "Return to Disneyland for $25 within 30 days" ticket?

Wow, sorry for offending you. I was just quoting what I heard on past radio advertisements about the tickets.

Thanks for answering my question though. This seems like the best option for us to max out our free tickets since we can't finally afford to use them to upgrade to AP even though we would LOVE to.

Darkbeer
01-08-2009, 01:33 PM
Heck, the wording "Pay for Disneyland, get DCA for FREE!" has been used by the company (Disney marketing) since 2005, including last year.

AVP
01-09-2009, 06:17 PM
I wish people would quit branding it as such.
Sorry, but the fault for this one belongs squarely with the Disneyland Resort marketing department.

AVP

AnotherJenny
01-10-2009, 09:35 AM
The DL site says "Offer may not be combined with other discounts or promotions."

Do you think that means you can't use the second day on your bday and get the $69 merchandise credit?

Turboman
01-12-2009, 04:47 PM
Why O why is it always So. Cal??? So frustrating!

I completely agree; it's totally unfair.

I'm going to start working to see if I can change my zip code up here in Oregon and sneak it between 90000 and 93599. I don't get much mail - I'm sure no one will notice.

Darkbeer
01-12-2009, 05:00 PM
Disney picks the zip codes since they think that is the area that folks can drive to and from the parks in a single day.

For "Out-of-town" guests, they have different specials, the current one is "Everyone at the Kids Price" for 3 day or longer ParkHoppers. Disney Marketing is trying to sell Vacation Packages including Hotel stays to the non-SoCal folks.

It is Disney's decision and they do market the target markets differently.

MrsGrumpy
03-23-2009, 12:21 PM
2fer Tickets have no restriction on which park has to be first and which on you have 30 days to return to.

Just to clarify, could we use it both days in Disneyland, and skip DCA, or do both days have to be different parks?

AVP
03-23-2009, 01:15 PM
Just to clarify, could we use it both days in Disneyland, and skip DCA, or do both days have to be different parks?You must use one day at Disneyland and one day at DCA. You can not do two days in Disneyland with this offer.

AVP

MrsGrumpy
03-23-2009, 01:42 PM
Thanks, AVP. :)

ryanvalle
03-23-2009, 04:49 PM
unless you went with the 2day parkhoper ticket for $94.