PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Rumors

ryanvalle
01-05-2009, 10:53 AM
So, I was at Disneyland last night and spoke to a castmember about the celebration promotion where it then changed to a conversation about what's coming to the park in the near future.
Here's what I heard:
• I was told that a new parade is on its way and should show up around march. I think this is something common in the rumor mill for Disneyland as I've heard it before.
• I was told that there will be a new fireworks show that will start showing when the next peak season comes, which the cast member said was martin luther king weekend. Never read anything about this, but do you think its legitimate?
• While waiting for the trams and upon boarding them, I heard the cast members give that warning that the tram only goes to the mickey and friends structure and nothing else. Then they mentioned that if you wanted to go to the other parking areas, you should get off the tram. But the interesting part of this is the mention of a Buzz Lightyear parking area. I've been going to the park many times and never heard of this buzz lightyear parking area, so it left me to conclude that it was either a mistake (not likely since I heard multiple trams make this mistake) or a new parking area is coming by the name of Buzz Lightyear.

Do any of you have any insight on these rumors?

Andrew
01-05-2009, 11:06 AM
Most of your questions are answered in today's Disneyland Resort Update (http://www.mouseplanet.com/disneyland) here on MousePlanet.com. The Buzz Lightyear lot is on Harbor south of Katella, where the old strawberry field used to be. It's used only on the very busiest days.

ryanvalle
01-05-2009, 02:11 PM
I've gone through that update and though it does clarify many things, the fireworks part is still up for question for me. I was aware of the schedule changes posted on the update, but I am in question if it will return as the same "Remember...Dreams Come True" show or if Disney has a new display up its sleeve for this year's Celebrate promotion.

olegc
01-05-2009, 02:24 PM
I've gone through that update and though it does clarify many things, the fireworks part is still up for question for me. I was aware of the schedule changes posted on the update, but I am in question if it will return as the same "Remember...Dreams Come True" show or if Disney has a new display up its sleeve for this year's Celebrate promotion.

the celebration promotion has had all of its elements announced - and no fireworks shows were announced. Only a street party - more of an in place performance than a parade..

what - you think they will surprise us at the last minute? hmmm - the MP update, as well as other sites, have all had similar info about what is coming this month and in the Celebrate promotion. What makes the info from this cast member any different? Remember, you need multiple sources to corroborate anything -and frankly this site and others have long standing sources that tend to be accurate a lot more than most.

ryanvalle
01-05-2009, 02:32 PM
One can only hope. :(

cstephens
01-05-2009, 03:25 PM
Remember, you need multiple sources to corroborate anything -and frankly this site and others have long standing sources that tend to be accurate a lot more than most.

Random CM or MP? I'm gonna put my money on MP.