PDA

View Full Version : Who has had free admission on their birthday?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

HopeTrust N PixieDust
01-02-2009, 04:14 PM
Hey guys,

I was just curious how many of you have taken up the free birthday admission offer?

Mine isn't until the summer, so whoever wants to share any cool thoughts on the new birthday offer, feel free! :D

Bytebear
01-02-2009, 04:46 PM
Hey guys,

I was just curious how many of you have taken up the free birthday admission offer?

Mine isn't until the summer, so whoever wants to share any cool thoughts on the new birthday offer, feel free! :D

Funny you should mention that. We are going tomorrow with friends and one of them is having a birthday, so we will test the system. I understand you don't need to register online, but you do need proof of date. He is an AP, so we will see what deal we get with that. I wonder if APs just get something automatically, or if you have to say something. After all, they already know it's your birthday.

Tinker Bell
01-02-2009, 04:48 PM
My B day is on sunday. I will try and make a trip report sunday night when I get back to the hotel.

Darkbeer
01-02-2009, 04:58 PM
Funny you should mention that. We are going tomorrow with friends and one of them is having a birthday, so we will test the system. I understand you don't need to register online, but you do need proof of date. He is an AP, so we will see what deal we get with that. I wonder if APs just get something automatically, or if you have to say something. After all, they already know it's your birthday.

You NEED to go to the Main Ticket Booth with your AP and your Valid Government ID.

If your AP is blocked out on the BD, you will get a Free One Day/One Park Ticket to enter the park.

If it is not blocked out, you will get one of three gifts, IMHO, the best one is the Birthday Fun Card, which is currently worth $69 for adults towards Merchandise, PhotoPass and Guided Tours (No Food or Admission media purchases). (Based on the current 1-Day/1-Park Price). Some CM's are reporting that the Fun Card will not expire, unlike the original announcement that they would only be valid on the date issued (Your actual BD). The two other choices are a one day/one park ticket in YOUR name, really only good if you plan to let your AP expire, and want one "extra" day in 2009. The other offer is a set of Fastpasses that are good for a group up to 6 guests on your BD.

You do NOT get anything automatically, you must go to the Main Ticket Booths and get your ID processed, no matter what. (If you are under 18 and don't have a valid Government Issued ID or Passport, a true Birth Certificate will be acceptable, but it must be an original or certified copy.)

VickiC
01-02-2009, 07:55 PM
My D turns seven tommorrow, her AP is blocked out, but we won't be getting a block out pass and sending her into the park alone. :rolleyes: Her best friend turns 8 on Sunday and will be getting the fun card as SoCal AP's are not blocked out Sunday.

PanFan
01-02-2009, 09:05 PM
You don't have to have an AP that is not blocked out to take advantage of the other three choices. You just have to have paid admission for the day. Which makes sense because $40 or however much a blockout ticket is these days isn't the same deal as $69. So if you AP is blocked out on your birthday, you could buy a blockout ticket and then request the Fun Card (which does not expire) and come out ahead. Similarly, if you have a multi-day hopper that you will use to get into park on your birthday (or any other form of valid paid admission), you can select from the Fun Card, bounce-back ticket, or Birthday FP.

Malcon10t
01-02-2009, 10:15 PM
My sister adn step dad were both born on 1/1. They both got the free birthday ticket. My sister upgraded to an AP. Took 5 mins at the Guest Services window (shorter line there) to get the tickets.

Autopia Guy
01-02-2009, 11:12 PM
You don't have to have an AP that is not blocked out to take advantage of the other three choices. You just have to have paid admission for the day. Which makes sense because $40 or however much a blockout ticket is these days isn't the same deal as $69. So if you AP is blocked out on your birthday, you could buy a blockout ticket and then request the Fun Card (which does not expire) and come out ahead. Similarly, if you have a multi-day hopper that you will use to get into park on your birthday (or any other form of valid paid admission), you can select from the Fun Card, bounce-back ticket, or Birthday FP.

This is not the case as of 1/1/09.

Tickets that are not eligible for the Alternate Gifts are any 1-Day, 1-Park Tickets, 1-Day Park Hopper Tickets, Blocked Out APs, or Comp Tickets. Those APs who are blocked and want one of the alternate offers MUST UPGRADE their AP BEFORE getting the Birthday Gift.

Yeah, it makes the process a little more of a pain, but this was told to us right before we opened on 1/1/09.

Some CM's are reporting that the Fun Card will not expire, unlike the original announcement that they would only be valid on the date issued (Your actual BD).

This is true. Another change right before opening on 1/1/09.

Seashellmama
01-02-2009, 11:28 PM

Tickets that are not eligible for the Alternate Gifts are any 1-Day, 1-Park Tickets, 1-Day Park Hopper Tickets, Blocked Out APs, or Comp Tickets. Those APs who are blocked and want one of the alternate offers MUST UPGRADE their AP BEFORE getting the Birthday Gift.

So, if I, on a day that all Socal passes are blocked out (say, early August) have a socal-select AP, can I, at the ticket booth, upgrade it to a Socal pass (for the cost of a blockout ticket, so I should therefore be able to enter that day), and then get my birthday fun-card? (Do they do the blockout-ticket-apply-cost-to-upgrade at the booths now? I'd thought so, so basically I'm talking about doing that, however it's done now that they can print new cards at the ticket booths).

Gone2Disneyland
01-03-2009, 08:36 AM
This is a great thread for all the tips on collecting the Fun Card on a blockout day and using Guest Services instead. My birthday's not for another 360-odd days, but until then, I'll be sharing the tips with my friends. Thanks!

Katmouse
01-03-2009, 10:42 AM
My birthday was yesterday 1/2/09. I have the pap. The voucher I printed noted that I had to go to the main ticket booths to verify date of birth, but the lines were extremely long yesterday. I went ahead and entered DL using my pass, then went to city hall where there was virtually no line, and they verified my dob and checked my pap. Then I was offered the three choices. I chose the fun card and used it to buy the Olszewski Gallery of Light Beauty and the Beast shawdow box. I had the coupon for 20% from my ap renewal. Cost of piece was $80 minus 20% = $68.96. I have four cents left on my fun card. :p

VickiC
01-03-2009, 11:08 AM
This is a great thread for all the tips on collecting the Fun Card on a blockout day and using Guest Services instead. My birthday's not for another 360-odd days, but until then, I'll be sharing the tips with my friends. Thanks!

OK, but my understanding is that you cannot get the fun card on a block out day unless you upgrade your AP to one that is not blocked out on that day first? So for today, unless I upgrade my DD to a Deluxe/PAP which would then expire at the end of Feb, she does not get a fun card. And since a fun card doesn't cover the difference between a socal pass and another pass it wouldn't be worth it anyways and noone else in the family has anything but a SoCal pass it would be pointless to get one for a 7 year old who can't go alone.

Her friend who is gettting a fun card hadn't mentioned it about ten times yesterday and today (they had a sleepover) so this promotion has only my kids less than enthusiastic about Disney's newest marketing endeavor. (My older DD turns 10 on Easter this year, so she's SOL too)

jeffat2
01-03-2009, 11:21 AM
ok everyone,I am confused by all of this.here is my question,my DW's B day is Feb 15th which is blocked out (Deluxe),can she pay the $40.00 for the blocked day and get the $69.00 and apply it and the $40.00 for the Pap ? $269.00 +40.00 + 69.00 and just pay $11.00 more for the Pap.
Thanks Jeff

Autopia Guy
01-03-2009, 11:35 AM
ok everyone,I am confused by all of this.here is my question,my DW's B day is Feb 15th which is blocked out (Deluxe),can she pay the $40.00 for the blocked day and get the $69.00 and apply it and the $40.00 for the Pap ? $269.00 +40.00 + 69.00 and just pay $11.00 more for the Pap.
Thanks Jeff

No, you would need to UPGRADE to the Premium BEFORE you redeemed the B-Day Offer.

Gone2Disneyland
01-03-2009, 11:58 AM

Ahh, I just read this part (blue type by me). Now I understand. Sorry for adding to the confusion.

twokids
01-03-2009, 12:51 PM
Hi everyone,

My DD will be turning 4 on January 16th. We are planning to take her on her birthday to take advantage of the birthday promotion. She does have an AP and I was wondering if I still will need to bring her birth certificate to prove her DOB?

What stores will accept the gift card?

Thanks,
Elena

Darkbeer
01-03-2009, 02:02 PM
Hi everyone,

My DD will be turning 4 on January 16th. We are planning to take her on her birthday to take advantage of the birthday promotion. She does have an AP and I was wondering if I still will need to bring her birth certificate to prove her DOB?

What stores will accept the gift card?

Thanks,
Elena

YES, to get the "gift", you need the posted official ID, which for your 4 year old is basically an ORIGINAL Birth Certificate, or a copy issued from the govenment (a Certified copy).

As for which locations will accept the Birthday Fun Card.

No food location or ticket window will take it. Nor will any NON-Disney store.

It is basically good for Most Merchandise in the parks, along with Guided Tours and PhotoPass purchases.

Since she is 4 (between 3 and 9), she will get a Fun Card worth $59 (the current Kids One Day/One Park ticket price, unless it goes up before you visit on the 16th).

Here is some specifics from the Disneyland.com site...

You may use the Birthday Fun Card towards the purchase of select merchandise items at participating merchandise locations owned and operated by the owners of the Walt Disney World® and Disneyland® Resorts. The Birthday Fun Card may also be used for other select purchases including Disney's PhotoPass® on–site services and tour experiences. The Birthday Fun Card may not be used towards the payment of Walt Disney World® or Disneyland® Resort Hotel room night folio charges, or a Disney Cruise Line® reservation aboard Disney Cruise Line®, or towards the purchase of any food and beverage items, alcohol, cigarettes, spa services and products, or personal services such as face painting, caricature drawings, hair braiding, and hair wrapping.

No portion of the Birthday Fun Card balances will be redeemed for cash.

The terms of acceptance of the Birthday Fun Card by participating Walt Disney World® or Disneyland® Resort locations and the valid purchases that may be made by the Birthday Fun Card may vary, check with individual locations for Birthday Fun Card program participation details.

The Birthday Fun Card is also not accepted at Disneyland® Resort Operating Participant locations or any other locations or kiosks that are not owned and operated by the owners of the Disneyland® Resort, including but not limited to, Midway Games, Names Unraveled, Jewel of Orleans, Silhouette Studio, Portrait Artists, Parasol Cart, Heraldry Shop, Crystal Shops (Crystal Arts & Crystal d'Orleans), Paradise Pier Face Painting, Airbrush Tattoos, Rubio Portrait Artist or at Downtown Disney® District locations except World of Disney®Store, Marceline's Confectionery, Disney Vault 28 and Disney's Pin Traders. The Birthday Fun Card is also not accepted at Disneyland®Resort outdoor vending carts.

tod
01-03-2009, 03:49 PM

I've asked for the free admission but I won't get it til June.

Let me get back to you.

--t

bananaman20
01-03-2009, 06:19 PM
Does a passport count as "valid government ID" to get your free birthday gift???

VickiC
01-03-2009, 06:20 PM
It ought to.

Darkbeer
01-03-2009, 06:30 PM
Does a passport count as "valid government ID" to get your free birthday gift???

Yes, the official rules are clear, a Passport accepted by Customs (one issued by any country in the world) is a valid ID.

june1st1997
01-03-2009, 07:53 PM
DD turns 3 in march. Can I take her Birth certificate to get her in and then upgrade her to a pap once she is in... using the $ from the free admission?

Malcon10t
01-03-2009, 08:13 PM
DD turns 3 in march. Can I take her Birth certificate to get her in and then upgrade her to a pap once she is in... using the $ from the free admission?Yes, that is what my sister did.

ryanvalle
01-03-2009, 09:08 PM
Do they offer free admission on my un-birthday? I'm planning to go tomorrow and would love to get a free gift for my un-birthday.

DizneyMommy
01-04-2009, 07:04 AM
When did the fun card info come about? I swear when I registered our Bdays online it said if you had an AP not blocked out that day, you could get a $50 gift card valid anywhere at the resort instead. I know I read that, because we were planning to apply it to a night at the GCH on my husband's since we are all AP's.