PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl Sunday VS Rose Bowl Game Day

ScottC4746
01-01-2009, 08:01 AM
I have always heard the best day to visit is Superbowl Sunday. How is it during the Rose Bowl Game on New Year's Day? Is it the same or still very holiday busy?

cstephens
01-01-2009, 09:36 AM
I have always heard the best day to visit is Superbowl Sunday.

That would be wrong, btw. Maybe at one point a long time ago. But Super Bowl Sunday is very busy at the park.

mycutekitties
01-01-2009, 09:43 AM
Were were there last Superbowl Sunday and it was very busy!

PhiSigDuchessCV
01-01-2009, 12:15 PM
I just got a text from one of my sorority sisters who reports the park is fairly quiet today. I think everyone is still sleeping off hangovers or is prepping for the Big Game today (Go USC). I may end up heading over to see if I can catch the fireworks one more time.

AnotherJenny
01-01-2009, 01:26 PM
The times I've been on New Years Day (all in the 90s) it was very busy. Someone once told us that at midnight Disney gave vouchers for the next day. Funny how at the time that seemed plausible and now it just seems utterly ridiculous that would EVER happen. But I do think plenty of people include both days in a multi-day trip. Today I can see it being a little lighter because USC is playing.

It's the same thing with Super Bowl Sunday. If the Raiders are playing (ha!), it will be a light day.

crmagles
01-02-2009, 09:00 AM
We have had passes for a little over ten years. When we first had them, 10 years ago, someone told me to go on Superbowl Sunday, because it would be empty. So we did, and it was!!! But the last few years have'nt been so empty - actually pretty crowded!

tod
01-03-2009, 03:55 PM
I've found that there are always plenty of other people who go to Disneyland instead of watching the Super Bowl/Rose Bowl/show of choice.

The only exception I've found was going to the movies on Oscar night -- although now that the Oscars are on Sundays that probably isn't as true as it used to be either.

--t

ScottC4746
01-04-2009, 05:31 AM
Unfortunately with my days off I can only go on Saturday or Sunday so I don't get to see the park at it's emptyist if that is such a word :)