PDA

View Full Version : Insanity 12/30

ScottC4746
12-31-2008, 09:44 AM
I can only imagine what today, New Year's Eve, will be like. We went yesterday and spent 45 minutes just getting parked and then 45 minutes for Small World. By then it was so crowded it was unenjoyable. We left by noon.

cstephens
12-31-2008, 10:04 AM
We went yesterday and spent 45 minutes just getting parked and then 45 minutes for Small World.

45 minutes for Small World Holiday is not bad at all, especially between Christmas and New Year's.

newhdplayer
12-31-2008, 10:06 AM
I can only imagine what today, New Year's Eve, will be like. We went yesterday and spent 45 minutes just getting parked and then 45 minutes for Small World. By then it was so crowded it was unenjoyable. We left by noon.

45 minutes getting parked is insanity.

Good luck today.

DisneyDustin22
12-31-2008, 10:56 AM
90 min Peter Pan is borderline shoot me now.

I mean the movie itself is only 77 min long!!

jMom
12-31-2008, 11:01 AM
90 min Peter Pan is borderline shoot me now.

I mean the movie itself is only 77 min long!!
Bwahaha!

I mean :| - yes, that is getting ridiculous.

newhdplayer
12-31-2008, 11:10 AM
Official definition of insanity at Disneyland...

If a ride's wait-time is longer than the movie associated with it, it's insanity.

Tinkermommy
12-31-2008, 11:53 AM
I'm sorry that it was so yucky for people who went yesterday, but I'm glad you posted about it! We were supposed to go yesterday after I finished work to celebrate a friend's birthday. The friend's son and wife got sick, however, so they cancelled.

We were all pretty bummed about it -- now I'm glad it didn't work out! (But not that they're sick, of course...:p)

dznyphreak
12-31-2008, 11:59 AM
Official definition of insanity at Disneyland...

If a ride's wait-time is longer than the movie associated with it, it's insanity.

I like this rule, but does this mean that a 2 hour 25 minute wait is acceptable for Pirates? ;)

oregontraveler
12-31-2008, 12:04 PM
Umm.....NO :rolleyes:

Maus
12-31-2008, 06:04 PM
I was there yesterday too. At 9:30 a.m. it took me a normal amount of time to park, but the tram lines were 25 deep. I walked instead. Bag Check was insane. Took me 30 minutes there and I didn't have a bag! But lines to get into Disneyland were normal. I met my friends in Toontown and walked in to see Mickey in his house -- no line at all. We then headed for California Adventure and (except for Toy Story Mania) it wasn't too bad.

cstephens
01-01-2009, 02:28 AM
We were at the resort for New Year's Eve. Had a great time. Got to Mickey and Friends at about 4pm and there was almost no one waiting to get into the structure. Signs indicated DL was sold out, so there must be a ton of people staying in local hotels because the structure wasn't that full. Tram CM announced that tickets to DL were suspended, which included single-day tickets, parkhoppers, APs and blockout day tickets. I met up with the husband at DTD, and I went in through the monorail station and just made a quick exit to get my handstamp just in case. We went to a movie and then met friends for dinner.

Didn't make it back into the park until almost 11:30pm, through the monorail again. Friends making their first entrance to the park had no problem, and they never checked my handstamp. After we got off the monorail, we made our way to our normal spot at Small World Mall. Fog was really socked in, so they did shoot off fireworks at midnight, but you pretty much couldn't see any of them. The booms were as loud as normal, and the sky would just light periodically. Afterward, DJ proclaimed them the sound effects fireworks.

12:05am Fantasmic (3rd of the night) was cancelled because of the fog. CM said the second Fantasmic was really hard to see because of the fog and joked that they could have just left the water screens off since they could see the projectors fine just on the fog itself. Went on HMH, and then we went on Dumbo and Storybook and left about 1:45am.

newhdplayer
01-01-2009, 09:51 AM
I like this rule, but does this mean that a 2 hour 25 minute wait is acceptable for Pirates? ;)

To every rule, an exception...

olegc
01-01-2009, 10:46 AM
Tram CM announced that tickets to DL were suspended, which included single-day tickets, parkhoppers, APs and blockout day tickets. I met up with the husband at DTD, and I went in through the monorail station and just made a quick exit to get my handstamp just in case. We went to a movie and then met friends for dinner.

interesting point here was that signs and announcement said entry was suspended - including APs (according to your post) - yet you were let in at Monorail station. Does that mean the Monorail CMs were not following the announcements or were the announcements and signs a ploy to keep crowds down. It makes no difference to me - I am just curious.

cstephens
01-01-2009, 10:51 AM
interesting point here was that signs and announcement said entry was suspended - including APs (according to your post) - yet you were let in at Monorail station.

Maybe it was my having left out "sale of" that threw you off. They weren't selling tickets, but that wouldn't necessarily have meant they were no longer letting people in. Sorry for the confusion.

olegc
01-01-2009, 11:17 AM
Maybe it was my having left out "sale of" that threw you off. They weren't selling tickets, but that wouldn't necessarily have meant they were no longer letting people in. Sorry for the confusion.

ahhh - that explains it. thanks

backsthepack
01-02-2009, 04:53 PM
We just got back from a 3 day visit. I have to say that the 30th was insane! The 31rst wasn't nearly as bad as far as we could tell (but truly busy mind you), but for some reason the 30th seemed by far the worst I have ever seen the parks.

torquedork
01-02-2009, 05:24 PM
Made the mistake on going yesterday morning which was much more crowded than what I really had thought and had left the park just a few hours later because of the crowds.