PDA

View Full Version : Wildlife in the Park

cemeinke
12-14-2002, 07:46 PM
I know we've discussed the rats, cats, swans, and other invited and uninvited wildlife at the parks, but today I caught site of an Egret above the Monorail Track by the Matterhorn. Great to see the wildlife that drops by for a visit

http://www.linkline.com/personal/cemeinke/img/egret.jpg

[Moderator's note: Image exceeding size limits converted to URL. -- Lani]

MammaSilva
12-14-2002, 08:12 PM
what a great pic Chris, thanks :)

GeminiAngel
12-15-2002, 05:49 AM
How graceful!! great pic!!!

Hydroman
12-15-2002, 06:08 AM
They had better get the Matterhorn Bobsleds running before the egret breeding season. Otherwise the California Department of Fish and Game or the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service will keep the ride shut down . . . :rolleyes:

disneymeimei
12-15-2002, 06:48 AM
On our recent trip we saw a black/gray cat (under the Hungry Bear), a kitten (outside Soarin) and a crawdad (Snow White's Grotto). It was tempting to grab that kitten as I was missing our little guy!!

MouseWife
12-15-2002, 06:52 AM
Beautiful graceful photo, thanks for sharing!!

Hey, is that Matterhorn comment a joke? Is it going to become
'Egret Mountain'?

lisap
12-15-2002, 07:20 AM
Beautiful shot, Cemeinke. We have a "pet" egret that comes almost every day and stands by our chicken pen--looking for mice I think. A neighbor swears he's seen them catch gophers in his yard. I'm sure there are lots of rodents at DL to keep an egret population fed!

Hydroman
12-16-2002, 06:37 AM
Hey, is that Matterhorn comment a joke? Is it going to become
'Egret Mountain'?

It was intended to be a joke ... yet the thought is no less plausible than some of the actual requirements layed out by environmentally-based government agencies like USF&WS or CDFG.

I would hope the Egret in the photo could be viewed as an example of the possible co-existance of Man and Nature ....

Ghoulish Delight
12-16-2002, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by Hydroman
Egret in the photo could be viewed as an example of the possible co-existance of Man and Nature .... Sure. As long as all instances of co-existance entales a large wetland area, near endless supply of fried potatoes and sourdoguh bread crumbs, and almost non-existant vehicle traffic. In that situation, yes, birds thrive.