PDA

View Full Version : Eisner in the Park

cemeinke
12-14-2002, 07:41 PM
Just wanted to share that Michael Eisner was in the park doing what appeared to be a commercial. Got this pic of him on his way back stage:

http://www.linkline.com/personal/cemeinke/img/Eisner.jpg

[Moderator's note: Image exceeding size limits converted to a URL link. -- Lani]

Dexter
12-14-2002, 07:54 PM
I know I don't need to say this, but I will.....

Why dare I ask, would he bother shooting a commercial in a park that doesn't really need much advertising, instead of trying to film a commercial to try to breath life into the parking lot he renovated?

I remember a short while before DCA opened I was in Okinawa watching (*sigh*) The View. We had a day off and I had nothing better to do. You'd be amazed at what 6 months on an island will do to someone :eek: .

At any rate, they were showing promotional clips of DCA and they had the head cheese himself on the show. They asked him all kinds of questions about the park and he seemed very proud of it and from what I saw on TV a million miles away, I couldn't wait to come home and see this wonderful park that "he" built.

Boy was I surprised when I got home.

I WANT MY PARKING LOT BACK!

Oops, was that outloud?

Laffite
12-14-2002, 09:41 PM
lol. Eisner in the park. That's funny :)

People seems to know him, or at least notice him.

cstephens
12-14-2002, 10:07 PM
We saw him in Town Square as he was filming. They had a section of the walkway blocked off for the filming. I noticed a lot of people asking CMs what was going on and being told that a commercial was being filmed.

Lani
12-14-2002, 10:19 PM
Hey, how come he doesn't have to wear a nametag?

ChipmunkStar
12-14-2002, 11:03 PM
Well, what do you expect him to go on national television and say?

"Hi, I'm Michael Eisner, the CEO ofthe Disney Company, though not for long! My stock has dropped in the lastfew years, we've been slashing our budget left and right, and while Tokyo put together an AMAZING new theme park, we built a half-bummed excuse for one. Yeah, go see it and see how bad we can do!"

I mean honestly! Of course he's not going to publicly announce a bad opinion of the park, he is, after all, the current CEO, and therefore must "support" the project with all of him, or else the stockholders just aren't going to bite.

Rallymonkey23
12-14-2002, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Lani

I was wondering the same thing. :mad:

ldsguy
12-15-2002, 10:07 AM
As for the name tag, opne of the perks of being CEO??? Well, at any rate, he was also in DCA, watching and reviewing Aladdin, according to the CMs that work there, also, they said if you approach him and start talking with him he's a really nice guy and will talk with you.

Laffite
12-15-2002, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by ldsguy
As for the name tag, opne of the perks of being CEO??? Well, at any rate, he was also in DCA, watching and reviewing Aladdin, according to the CMs that work there, also, they said if you approach him and start talking with him he's a really nice guy and will talk with you.

Umm...I'd like the try that ;)

Gemini Cricket
12-15-2002, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Lani
Who knows?
Then again, Walt could keep his mustache. ;)

rexfarms
12-15-2002, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Laffite
Umm...I'd like the try that ;)

me too! :~) :~) :~) :~) :~)

Sophie832
12-15-2002, 06:12 PM
Was this Saturday? Because we saw John Ritter, Amy Yasbeck, and their daughter at the park Saturday night...maybe John was filming something with him. Then again, maybe John was just taking advantage of being a Disney employee and bringing his daughter to the park for the day.

ldsguy
12-15-2002, 09:59 PM
Most celeberaties don't mind being approached, particuallarly if you are both wiating for something, just don't go up and ask thier autograph, an example being I was waiting to go and see a preview of Aladdin on Thanksgiving day and I was waiting for the elevator to go up to the Mezanine and Tony Baxter walks into the VIP line, which they threw me into by mistake, far be it from me to correct that ;-) anyway, it was interesting, he actaully share many of the same frustrations that have been expressed on this board about quality and such.......on a bit off topic note, he was saying that he didn't think the show was going to be that good (no, he wans't being sarcastic, he was serious) and afterword turned Anne, who was sitting a few seats down, I didn't notice until after the show though, and gave it an A, he was also the first one standing to give the show a standing ovation.....anyway, my point is they generalyl are very nice people and love conversation.....another point is a friend of mine went into the ice cream shop on Main Street to get ice cream one day and afterr getting her ice cream was looking for a seat, there was one that were empty, she saw a lady sitting by herself and asked if she could sit there, the lady said yes, her husband was off on rides or something and she just felt like sitting and people wathching, well it turned out to be Judge Judy and they had an hour long conversation or so. Similar things have happened with people I know and Cynthia Harris, so I would not be at all surprised to find Michael Eisner being the same way is my long winded point.

Laffite
12-15-2002, 10:25 PM
Let's play "fun with captions" on the Eisner pic!

"Look at me. I'm Mikey Eisner. Out of my way!!"

Oh man I'm having way too much fun :D

Preston