PDA

View Full Version : What are the two magazine choices for PAP?

mw9955
12-28-2008, 03:23 PM
Hello, what are the two magazine choices to pick from when you purchase a PAP? I think Family Fun is one, but I am not sure of the other.. Thanks!

ScottC4746
12-28-2008, 04:16 PM
Hello, what are the two magazine choices to pick from when you purchase a PAP? I think Family Fun is one, but I am not sure of the other.. Thanks!
I think the other is Back Stage and good luck getting anything from them. There are other threads stating that not even the website has been updated.

Niwel
12-28-2008, 04:55 PM
Backstage is the magazine all the APs receive which highlights news and info for passholders. Premium APs receive Family Fun -- it used to be Disney Magazine, but that ended in 2005.

jenniebean
12-28-2008, 04:59 PM
Family Fun? I don't get Family Fun...

lofosho
12-28-2008, 04:59 PM
I have a PAP, and I've never gotten family fun. How do I sign up for it?

ChurroGirl
12-28-2008, 05:00 PM
I feel like a dope! I have been receiving Family Fun for the last year now and couldnt for the life of me remember where and how or why I was getting it! Now I know...!

Its a great magazine actually, has some great ideas for what else, family fun. The Halloween/October issue my nephew and I had lots of fun making scary eyed candle holders from the magazine!

jenniebean
12-28-2008, 05:48 PM
Its a great magazine actually, has some great ideas for what else, family fun. The Halloween/October issue my nephew and I had lots of fun making scary eyed candle holders from the magazine!

I know! I read it at the pediatrician's office all the time & always want to pull out activities but you know how pediatrician's offices are... germy... I could have been getting this on my own?

olegc
12-28-2008, 06:18 PM
i believe you had to have been receiving DIsney Magazine already previously (the precursor to Backstage). When they stopped creating that - they offered Family Fun. Initially for free but then you had to renew on your own.

As stated by another poster - this ended in 05 or maybe even 04. If your pass is newer than that - you never would have been offered Family Fun...

tchatters
12-28-2008, 07:44 PM
We get Family Fun and Wondertime- 3 copies of each:eek: I've been trying to make them stop for 6 months but it's impossible. Finally the last time they said "just give them to a friend, we can't make it stop". At least they were honest. I never got to pick- they just started showing up. I like one copy of each but 3 is absurd!

ChurroGirl
12-28-2008, 08:20 PM
We got our passes last March, never had any previous magazine from Disney but when we signed up thats when the magazine started arriving.

adriennek
12-28-2008, 08:37 PM
Is Wondertime a magazine for parents of infants and toddlers? I think that when I was with my friend when he got his AP they offered him Family Fun or another that the CM described as a magazine for parents of little little kids.

Adrienne

DisneyMamaof2
12-28-2008, 08:41 PM
I have received both Wondertime and Family Fun for years, and never realized why I was getting it (but now I know, thanks). DH and I both get Family Fun, but Wondertime only comes in my name. Now I know where they are coming from. DH and I always joke about him getting the Family Fun magazine.

Niwel
12-28-2008, 09:31 PM
Is Wondertime a magazine for parents of infants and toddlers? I think that when I was with my friend when he got his AP they offered him Family Fun or another that the CM described as a magazine for parents of little little kids.

Adrienne

Yup - Wondertime is aimed at infants and toddlers. Family fun is a range of ages - and includes a lot of craft projects and cooking ideas.

jMom
12-28-2008, 09:41 PM
i believe you had to have been receiving DIsney Magazine already previously (the precursor to Backstage). When they stopped creating that - they offered Family Fun. Initially for free but then you had to renew on your own.

As stated by another poster - this ended in 05 or maybe even 04. If your pass is newer than that - you never would have been offered Family Fun...
I purchased my first ever PAP in 2007 and renewed this year. I received Family Fun only while I was a current PAP holder.

How I wish I received my Backstage Pass! I haven't received the last two issues. :mad:

Andrew
12-28-2008, 09:50 PM
We get two copies of Family Fun -- they are occasionally read and then taken to my travel agent's office.

We haven't received a Backstage Pass in some months.

R44kids2
12-28-2008, 09:57 PM
I wondered why I was getting Family Fun, I never subscribed to it. Now I know. Thanks.

Spazz
12-30-2008, 10:33 AM
I've been an AP since 2003 and I loved getting Disney Magazine(I saved every copy in my Disney library). I was sorry to see it go. Since then I have been getting Family Fun, but I don't have kids so it usually goes straight to the recycle. I remember being miffed about them not offering a magazine for people that don't have kids at the time they discontinued Disney Magazine and there was no way to stop getting Family Fun because I did try.

Toocherie
12-30-2008, 02:37 PM
Isn't Family Fun the magazine in the Disney hotel rooms too?

Bytebear
12-30-2008, 08:20 PM
When they canceled the Disneyland Magazine they gave a choice of Family Fun or ESPN. I chose ESPN and got it until my PAP expired. Then I did DAP for a couple years, and then this year went back to PAP and I get nothing but Backstage.

danyoung
12-31-2008, 08:18 AM
Isn't Family Fun the magazine in the Disney hotel rooms too?

Yup.

DisneyFunFamily4
01-13-2009, 09:00 AM
Our DAP's have expired, We've never had a PAP, but I just received my 2nd or third issue of Wonder Time Magazine, I was kind of wondering where it came from..... And I've been getting Family Fun magazine for years now.... But I do like the Family Fun Magazine :)

DaDuckFan1955
01-13-2009, 09:40 AM
We had AP passes from 2007 and through 2008 and never received the backstage mag except for when I visited the Parks and picked one up in the AP office.

One would think they would ensure they mailed these out to the AP holders as they have a lot of info on the parks and might spur more visits...:confused:

DisneyFanKat
01-14-2009, 10:04 AM
Been getting Family Fun for a while now.... I knew that was because of Disney magazine not being around...

But this last year I've started to receive both ESPN magazine and Rolling Stone - neither of which I have any idea why?! Since someone mentioned ESPN - I'm wondering if I started getting it when I renewed my pass....? And...come to think of it - I haven't seen a Family Fun in a little while....

So weird!

danyoung
01-14-2009, 12:34 PM
Funny you should mention that - I just started getting ESPN Mag! I have no interest in it, so I just leave it at the mailbox for someone else to pick up.