PDA

View Full Version : Missing Pirates...?

Pages : [1] 2

mowsluver
12-22-2008, 08:10 AM
We rode PoC yesterday and it seemed that there were some pirates 'missing'...along with the large lady chasing the pirate...are they on Christmas vacation?

DisneyFunFamily4
12-22-2008, 08:13 AM
We noticed that too when we were there the week after thanksgiving.. I guess they're taking a extended vacation..

Bytebear
12-22-2008, 08:40 AM
They are probably doing a piecemeal refurb. They did this a couple years ago. For a while various pirates would come and go. I did notice one of the turntable pirate/chasing woman was missing, as well as "ol' Bill" who hangs out with the kitties.

disneylandgirl
12-22-2008, 10:33 AM
I saw that too last week. A few of the ones going in circles were gone, and the kitties were all by themselves. I thought it was just my imagination... because I haven't been there since February. :p

FaithTrustPixieDust
12-22-2008, 11:32 AM
Yeah I noticed this too and I pointed it out to the people on the boat lol:p

disneylandgirl
12-22-2008, 11:56 AM
Speaking if Pirates... one of the times I went on last week, there was this woman who took a flash picture about every ten feet. It was pretty annoying. Then, the very next day, there was a man who took a flash picture about every 3 seconds! The WHOLE way through! I just about threw his camera overboard. :mad: Even though a have been on Pirates a gajillian times, it really ruined the ride. Another thought I had was to turn around (he was in the seat right behind me) and use my flash camera right in his face. Being well behaved though... I didn't do anything. What would you have done???

Bytebear
12-22-2008, 01:10 PM
Speaking if Pirates... one of the times I went on last week, there was this woman who took a flash picture about every ten feet. It was pretty annoying. Then, the very next day, there was a man who took a flash picture about every 3 seconds! The WHOLE way through! I just about threw his camera overboard. :mad: Even though a have been on Pirates a gajillian times, it really ruined the ride. Another thought I had was to turn around (he was in the seat right behind me) and use my flash camera right in his face. Being well behaved though... I didn't do anything. What would you have done???

I yell out, "No Flash Photograhy" at least I did once when I was so miffed. I did it about 6 times during the ride, to no avail. Finally, near the end going under the burned out area, an announcement came over the loudspeakers about flash pictures. Boy, I wish the CM's would give out more warnings. They do help.

But, nothing ruins the ambience than a blinking necklace going down the first waterfall.

Suzy64
12-22-2008, 02:14 PM
That happened to me too a few weeks ago so we all yelled
out a couple times "no flash photography" but people don't listen. So right after Pirates we went on HM and the same person was doing the same thing right when we were going around Madame Leota so everyone saw it.
It was very annoying.

torquedork
12-23-2008, 07:55 AM
These people who take flash photography on rides have no respect to other people who's also on the same ride and also don't even listen to the annoucements about "NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY" and would still take them even if they actually do listen.

Don't you want to get up and physically grab the camera out of their hands and say DON'T USE A FLIPPIN FLASH then accidently drop their camera over the side of the boat oops I'm sorry you needed that camera. These people need a major clue knowing when and where to use a flash. Gee what a concept.

Don't these people listen to the annoucements especially about flash photography. I guess they don't

DaDuckFan1955
12-23-2008, 09:36 AM
the pirates went missing while we were there the week of Nov 13-21st. A CM said they 'might' be putting in the same 'scene' that is in WDW with Will Turner sword fighting a pirate?

Anyone in the know to confirm this? Or was the CM just messin with us?

Malcon10t
12-24-2008, 09:00 AM
The singing dog is missing also, but his bark is there!

Niwel
12-24-2008, 09:05 AM
It looked so weird that the pirates were gone, we were there Saturday and I thought I might have missed something.

Considering that the two scenes are in succession, it just looked so strange.

Nancy
12-24-2008, 11:06 AM
It looked so weird that the pirates were gone, we were there Saturday and I thought I might have missed something.

Considering that the two scenes are in succession, it just looked so strange.

Wouldn't you think they would have a "stand-in " pirate who could take the place of the refirb'ed pirate. He could travel all over the ride while the original pirates are in makeup.

houseofmouse
12-24-2008, 11:36 AM
The singing dog is missing also, but his bark is there!

That dog comes at goes at will I swear. He was there in October.

MouseyEars
12-24-2008, 12:02 PM
Wouldn't you think they would have a "stand-in " pirate who could take the place of the refirb'ed pirate. He could travel all over the ride while the original pirates are in makeup.

Yeah, they could have used the recently discharged Jack Sparrows.....:crying:

leota's necklace
12-28-2008, 06:31 PM
Being well behaved though... I didn't do anything. What would you have done???

You can still be well-behaved and take care of this problem. Turning to the person with a big smile and saying, "I'm really sorry, but flash pics aren't allowed on this ride, would you mind turning your flash off?" has served me very well on more than one occasion both on Pirates and the Manse. This can be truncated if you're having to speak loudly across a boat or a seance room to "excuse me, could you please not use your flash?" Same with camcorders with video screens.

I can't fault people for not hearing the announcement since it's often hard to hear over the bustle of the load areas, particularly if it's overrun with cheerleaders or the like.

I did hear someone in my last boat on Pirates wonder out loud to her husband "I wonder why you can't use flash?" and it took all my strength not to reply "because it annoys me!"

ChurroGirl
12-28-2008, 08:43 PM
So this has nothing to do with Pirates but just the annoyance of the flash

FDH and I were riding Monsters Inc for the first time with a family of 4, right as we left the father, who was directly infront of us pulled out a HUGE video camera with a spot light, and was filming his son the whole time, "Are you having fun?, Do you like the ride?, Are you having fun?" The entire time, I wanted to say something to him but didnt cause his kid already looked terrified with the camera in his face.

misdisney
12-28-2008, 09:20 PM
the pirates went missing while we were there the week of Nov 13-21st. A CM said they 'might' be putting in the same 'scene' that is in WDW with Will Turner sword fighting a pirate?

Anyone in the know to confirm this? Or was the CM just messin with us?

We just got back from WDW and the Pirates ride there is very different! I didn't like it at all! I think this CM might have been pulling your leg because ,there is no Will Turner in the ride there.

misdisney
12-28-2008, 09:27 PM
Ok, so on the subject of missing Pirates... is it true that the pirate island now no longer has pirates over there? And that there is no longer Captain Jack? I really hope this is not true. As I said we just came back from our 1st trip to WDW and they have no pirates at all. They have a sorry looking guy trying to play Jack and all I kept thinking is I can't wait to see our Captain at DL. Now he's not there! :(

stan4d_steph
12-29-2008, 05:18 AM
Ok, so on the subject of missing Pirates... is it true that the pirate island now no longer has pirates over there? And that there is no longer Captain Jack? I really hope this is not true.Sorry to say it, but Capt. Jack has left the building. There are no more CMs portraying him, they were all laid off.

danyoung
12-30-2008, 09:19 AM
We just got back from WDW and the Pirates ride there is very different! I didn't like it at all! I think this CM might have been pulling your leg because ,there is no Will Turner in the ride there.

I can confirm that - no Will Turner in WDW. And I agree with you - the WDW version just doesn't compare to the original. Aside from being much shorter, it's paced wrong, the scenes don't seem to be in the right order - it's just WRONG!

MrsPooh
12-30-2008, 10:27 AM
I have to tell you all soemthing funny.

We were in DL the week of 12/14. We noticed the missing pirates as we were there, but something else happened that made me laugh.

We rode on Wednesday, 12/26, and it was a rotten day, weather wise. They shut the resort early because of it.

Anyhow, we got a boat where Mr. Pooh, Piglet and I each had a seat to ourselves, and we were the only ones on the boat. We rode by the spot where the dog is singing with the pirates, and his jaw was broken! It was hanging limply, and he stood there with his gears showing, and it was almost creepy looking! :eek: Really bizarre!

So when we got off the ride, I said to the CM's, "Okay, who belted the dog in the jaw?" They looked at me oddly, and I told them what happened. We could see the wheels turning in their heads, they were going to go check it out.

The next day the dog's jaw was wired shut! He was trying to sing, but it wasn't working well. Temporary fix, to be sure, but it was funny.

I hope they got the wire off in time for the pup to enjoy his Christmas dinner! ;)

Dang, I wish we got a picture of that! :D

coronado_g
01-04-2009, 08:37 PM
How funny! But I always thought the dog was howling at the pirates for sounding awful with THEIR singing.

Malcon10t
01-05-2009, 02:25 PM
The dog was back New Years Day. The pirates weren't.

MouseVII
01-05-2009, 06:27 PM
Isn't POTC gonna close for a refurb in a couple of months? Couldn't they just do all of this then?