PDA

View Full Version : Help! I want to park hop during my one day visit!

eliasjohn
12-13-2002, 09:11 AM
I know I can buy 2 separate tickets if I want to park hop, but I am trying to avoid that. I am also trying to avoid spending the $120 for the 5 day pass 3 day price deal that is currently running.

We are going down for one day (12/21, next week), and want to check out DCA, but don't need all day. Conversely, we don't need all day at DL because we have been there many times.

Any advice? Can I swap tickets with someone coming out of one of the parks? Do people hang out and try to sell their remaing days on their multi-day pass?

Thanks

Eliasjohn

tabacco
12-13-2002, 09:33 AM
There is no one-day park hopper, although if you are a socal resident you can currently get a 2 day ticket and use both days in one day to park hop. You'll need proof of residence, though.

As for ticket-swapping, no you cannot. You will need both a ticket AND a valid handstamp to re-enter a park. DL and DCA have different stamps. Also, please DO NOT buy scalped tickets if you find people selling them. More often than not these turn out to be completely used, and leave you stuck with even less money and a worthless ticket.

RStar
12-13-2002, 05:06 PM
You may want to consider trying out DCA for the whole day. With the shows and stuff to do there you could spend the whole day. If you have been to DL many times, I would take the time to see DCA well. Maybe even spend some time at Downtown Disney if you haven't seen it yet.

Otherwise, if you want to have your cake and eat it too, then you will have to pay. There is no safe, legal, and moral way to get more than you pay for.

So see DCA this time, and go to DL next trip. Or forget DCA for now, and let them open ToT, see DL this time, then DCA next.

Darkbeer
12-13-2002, 05:55 PM
The current SoCal deal expires on December 18th, so that won't work.

If you haven't been to DL during the holidays, I highly recommend it, Haunted Mansion Holiday, it's a small world holiday, plus the awesome Believe! Fireworks with the snow effect, plus all the Holiday decorations, Disneyland is the park to go to if you are looking for Holiday cheer. They are also open longer than DCA is.

The one drawback will be the crowds, Disneyland will be very busy.

DCA will be slower, and would be more laid back, as you would be able to do everything in one day, with time to spare.

I would go to DL to get my money's worth, and visit DCA sometime when you can get a parkhopper!

HBTiggerFan
12-13-2002, 08:55 PM
I suggest that you ask at the ticket booth when you buy your tickets what they suggest. Sometimes they have an option that you never thought of. Case in point, my friend was visitng from D.C. and we were going for 1 day, and wanted to park hop. She told the CM at the ticket booth and the CM had a 2 day 2 park ticket that could be used as a one day hopper. We never thought of that.

Most of all, have fun whatever you do! :)

ldsguy
12-13-2002, 09:07 PM
You may want to consider trying out DCA for the whole day. With the shows and stuff to do there you could spend the whole day.

I agree with this statement and if there's not enough there for your tastes go into Guest Relations, they usually will oblige in some way or another, either comping a pass for Disneyland or allowing you to buy the upgrade to it for only a few dollars more.

I have been offered a comp ticket to DCA when complaining about all of the rehabs when 1/2 of Disneyland was closed, but I haven't seen that as much as the other way around.

sydney
12-14-2002, 11:38 PM
so yes, you could by two 45 dollar one park passes and park hop.

You can, as you said, buy a multiday pass for 120 (I think that's their price)

The only other option that hasn't been mentioned yet is the all-mighty Annual Pass-- A SoCal AP is 105, and if you're willing to come back sometime within the next year it is worth the price.

So at least consider that as an option. :)

SusanP.
12-15-2002, 07:31 PM
Whatever you do, don't underestimate the time you will need for Disneyland on the 21st. It is going to be super crowded as most of our Orange County schools kick off Winter Break that weekend, and the colleges are all finishing up this week as well.

I recommend the So Cal annual pass as well, since you only need to get one more visit in the next year to make it worthwhile.

ldsguy
12-15-2002, 10:00 PM
Also, rememberr on the 21st, Barrage (Both Euorpian and Candian casts) will be at Club Buzz, it's thier first day in this run, so it will be even more crowded, esp. in the evening than what it would be without this group, as they are extremely popular and more and more people become "regulars" every time they come.

eliasjohn
12-15-2002, 10:08 PM
What is Barrage?

RStar
12-16-2002, 10:32 AM
Cool! I've been wanting to see them, everone raves about them (but havn't seen them, so cat comment other than a musical act full of energy). Idsguy, do you know the whole scedual? I hope to not have to go between Christmas & New Years if I can avoid it.