PDA

View Full Version : DL to open 1 hr. earlier effective Jan. 7th

Twinsmom
12-12-2002, 06:24 PM
FYI, in case you guys haven't heard this news, with my travel package came a cover letter discussing all sorts of stuff, but specifically mentioned was this statement:

"Guests have told us that an early start to their theme park day is important, so effective January 7, 2003, Disneyland park will open one hour earlier than normal each day, for all park guests."

;)

Doodle Duck
12-12-2002, 06:31 PM
Pressler IS gone!!! He really is!

Thanks for the heads up! Breakfast at the Cafe!

tabacco
12-12-2002, 06:33 PM
It's probably to compensate for the river being down.

RideMax Mark
12-12-2002, 08:29 PM
Does anyone know what this will *really* translate into? The web site still shows the normal 10am-8pm weekday schedule...

ldsguy
12-12-2002, 08:48 PM
Umm...it will really translate into as soon as this promotion is over the park won't open untill 11?????? LOL, let's hope not.

sydney
12-12-2002, 09:21 PM
personally, I would rather they add on an hour at the end of the day, but I understand that for some this would be a welcome change.

ldsguy
12-13-2002, 08:14 AM
I'm with you on that.....I still remember hearing the voice on the load speakers "Due to overwhelming demand Disneyland park will remain open" pick one of the following "an extra hour until 1 am today" or "an extra two hours until 2 am today." Those were the days, extended park hours, extra showings of Fantamic! (Most I've ever seen them add was three and that only happened once while I was there, I've hear that they maty have added four extra shows on one new year's eve.)

Sonya in Boise
12-13-2002, 08:46 AM
It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Will it be the whole park or just main street, like now it opens 30 minutes before the park? Will they post this new hour or will it just be for those in the "know"?

I like the morning time being open earlier, because my little ones get up early and are ready for a nap before we even get ther on the 10 am open times. So if this means in March when we go, I can get the girls in to ride rides at 9am, I will be a very happy camper.