PDA

View Full Version : Storybook Canal stories

JestAGoof
12-12-2002, 04:53 PM
Hi everyone,

I have a question about a story I heard and wanted to see if it still carries true today.

Is it still true that usually the last rides on the Storybook Canal ride is geared to an older crowd? Like is the speech that the operator gives more adult oriented material in the evening when less kids are around?

If you could let me know if this is still true, I would appreciate it. My wife and I are going down next weekend for my birthday, and I am so excited, since this will be the first time I will get to enjoy the Haunted Mansion: Nightmare Remix! :p

gn2dlnd
12-12-2002, 04:59 PM
Not true. Although I remember a fairly filthy Jungle Cruise spiel on my grad night. Maybe the same held true on Storybook.

Not Afraid
12-12-2002, 09:07 PM
We've only had one slightly racy Storybook cruise. We had a big group, celebrating a birthday, taking over the entire boat. We were egging on the CM as she attempted to go about her normal spiel. There's a series of "This is where Alladin and Jasmine......." naratives. When we got to the Cave of Wonders she started to say "And THIS is where Aladin and Jasmine.......Oops". It was great! (And even better if you were there;) )

bluepearl
12-12-2002, 10:00 PM
Unfortunately, the last two trips I've had on Storybook have not been so great. I was on it tonight on one of the last boats, and our host was quite dull. He sounded like he was reading straight from the paper and didn't inject any life into what he was talking about. A more adult-oriented Storybook? I'd be willing to listen. ;)

HBTiggerFan
12-12-2002, 10:15 PM
I should start by saying that we were the only group on the boat and the CMs split up our group, intentionally when we would all have fit fine on one boat...ie the held up the first boat with other guests on it until some of our group got on.

The one and only trip I have been on was with a MP meet group. Our CM was soooooo boring. I started asking "did they have kids" after we passed each house and finally the CM said "I don't know, wait for the sequal".

That was right at closing. After that experience I am not that excited to go on it again.

ldsguy
12-13-2002, 08:11 AM
Well, it really does depend on whom you get, as a general rule the guys are boring on it, the girls will really get into it.....the exception would be if Maynard is working there, and I have heard of this, but haven't gotten his boat, I'd wait for his boat if he were, he's hillarious everywhere else I've seen him.....of course that's no new news here, is it?

JestAGoof
12-13-2002, 08:28 AM
Thanks everyone! It is too bad that they don't do it anymore. I would have loved to hear the more darker side of the villages and what happens behind closed doors. ;) Especially in the later hours of the ride!

hbquikcomjamesl
12-13-2002, 09:20 AM
IMHO
Storybook Land is best by day, narrated ABSOLUTELY STRAIGHT by somebody who is really into the stories.

Jungle Cruise, on the other hand, is best by night, narrated ABSOLUTELY CORNBALL, by a frustrated stand-up comic.

Sailor Butterfly
12-13-2002, 08:35 PM
Actually, in the book "Mouse Tales," MousePlanet's own David Koenig describes a cast member who would spiel to a group of Marines (who would always ask for her, of course) about going into the whale's mouth, the Blue Fairy, Cinderella's ball, Peter Pan, and so forth.