PDA

View Full Version : Question about purchasing an AP?

JasPadres
12-12-2002, 08:43 AM
hey everyone i have a question about buying an AP living in phoenix now i only get 2-3 trips a year to DLR and i was wondering if buying an AP would be worth it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

EandCDad
12-12-2002, 09:21 AM
It can be very worth it if you do three trips a year. It depends on when you go. If you go during the week in non-holiday periods, you can get both parks for $105 for the whole year. That is a good deal on even two trips.

Here is what I would do. Sit down and calculate how many times you would go and which parks you would visit. Calculate how much it would cost for tickets (park hoppers for two or three days). Then look at the prices for the various AP's and the blackout dates for each. If you need the Delux or Premium because you usually go during holiday or weekend periods, compare the prices with those. If its cheaper, buy the passes, then if you want to go on a spur of the moment type thing, you save on your admission.

HBTiggerFan
12-12-2002, 09:29 AM
be sure to include parking unless you are walking over from a motel/hotel. $8.00 a car now, or $40 for parking on the AP (except premium)

Ghoulish Delight
12-12-2002, 09:34 AM
What EandC said. I'll even save you the math :D

So Cal AP= 2x 1 day admission +$10 = 3-day park hopper - $70 = $105

Delux AP= 3x 1 day admission + $30 = 3 day park hopper - $10 = $165

Premium AP = 5x 1 day admission = 3 day park hopper +50 (and possible parking savings) = $225

So if you plan on going more than once, an AP is almost definitely worth it, especially if you're planning on using multi-day park hoppers. Unless you absolutely HAVE to go on holidays or summer Saturdays, the Premium probably won't be worth it to you. And, like EandC said, only get the Deluxe if you want to go on one of the SoCal blockout days, otherwise it's not worth the $60.

Hope that helped and didn't just confuse you more.

be sure to include parking unless you are walking over from a motel/hotel. $8.00 a car now, or $40 for parking on the AP (except premium)Good point. If you plan on parking there on more than 5 separate days, go for the $40 parking addon. Otherwise, just pay for parking.

kranders
12-13-2002, 11:00 AM
And don't forget to factor in all the discounts you get with the AP's (especially the Premium).

Being from out of town you'll be interested in the DLR hotel discounts. In the off season last year I could get the DLH for $99.

Ghoulish Delight
12-13-2002, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by kranders
And don't forget to factor in all the discounts you get with the AP's (especially the Premium).

Being from out of town you'll be interested in the DLR hotel discounts. In the off season last year I could get the DLH for $99. But if they only visit 2 or 3 times, it's hard to justify spending an extra $100+ for each person just for some discounts. With 10-15% discounts, you have to spend hundreds of dollars to make up for it.