PDA

View Full Version : Character Breakfasts

Scottishmouse
12-11-2002, 12:49 AM
Can anyone tell me which is the best character breakfast. We thought of Minnie and friends as we heard Belle showed up there. Which ones do you rate?

IandGsmom
12-11-2002, 07:49 AM
I love Minnie and friends. Belle has been there but also Max (Goofys son) Merlin the Wizard and Gastone. I also enjoy the Plaza Inn in DL with Winnie, Tigger and friends. We are leaving on Friday and will try Avalon Cove, Goofys Kitchen and the Blue Bayou and will report back.

Mouse
12-11-2002, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by IandGsmom
I love Minnie and friends. Belle has been there but also Max (Goofys son) Merlin the Wizard and Gastone. I also enjoy the Plaza Inn in DL with Winnie, Tigger and friends. We are leaving on Friday and will try Avalon Cove, Goofys Kitchen and the Blue Bayou and will report back.

Belle, Merlin, and Gastone no longer appear at the Minnie and Friends breakfast at PCH Grill. The current regulars are Minnie, Daisy, and Max. PCH Grill is special because it is the only place to meet and great with Daisy, although she is not guaranteed to be there.

Goofy's Kitchen has more characters; Goofy, Pluto, Donald, Terk and usually the Mad Hatter and/or Alice or Aladdin and Jasmine or any one or two of the princesses.

The Storyteller' s Cafe has Chip, Dale, and Pluto. It is the most expensive (more upscale atmosphere) and the characters remain in the entrance area, they don't visit your table like in the other restaurants.

Note: None of the characters, with exception to Minnie at PCH Grill and Goofy and Goofy's Kitchen are guaranteed to be there. However, if one of the regular characters is missing another character usually takes his/her spot.

Hey! I almost forgot the Plaza Inn. Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore and Piglet are the regulars here. This is the only spot to find Piglet but he doesn't always come. It has a good atmosphere and I would recommend it for anyone who loves Pooh and friends.

I haven't eaten at any of these places for breakfast but I have eaten at both Goofy's kitchen and the Storyteller’s Cafe for Dinner. Storyteller’s has excellent food and service, but I can't vouch for the characters because there aren't any at dinner. Goofy's Kitchen food was good and they have the most characters of any of the breakfasts.

IandGsmom
12-11-2002, 09:48 AM
Thanks for correcting me;) You can tell its been too long...12 months since my last trip. Disneyland here I come:D :D :D

Toonfinder
12-11-2002, 04:50 PM
a follow-up to Mouse's post...

Storyteller's Cafe... not a great place for the kids to be headed toif they want some quality time wht the characters. The servers there seem to be in one of two moods. Great and really helpful... or grumpy and rushing you out the door. The latter is the service I seem to get more often than not. Needless to say I do not eat there anymore for a meal.

PCH Grill with Minnie and her friends... a lot better than Storyteller's Cafe. But if the restaurant is packed full, it can take quite a while before the characters get you your table. There are only three characters that are supposed to be there... and those three cannot cover the restaurant during the 30 minutes they are on-stage.

Goofy's Kitchen... the creme of the creme for character breakfasts within DLR. If you don't mind reading about all bad stories in the OC Register about the serving area, then you are ok. You can almost guarantee at least 5 characters in this meal... and they spread out enough to cover the little sections within the restaurant and give folks the chance to meet at least one or 2 characters during their meal.

Plaza Inn... it's Pooh... it's a bear with his dang friends... here's to hoping Disney loses the "Pooh" case so I no longer have to view this bear in everything Disney. The food is the best part of this meal... better than the rest, but again... it's Pooh.

Scottishmouse
12-11-2002, 10:38 PM
Thanks evryone. I am a bit worried about what I've been hearing about Goofy's kitchen, so I had planned on skipping that resturaunt. Looks like the wee ones will have to choose between Minnie and Pooh.

Thanks for all the information.:)

kranders
12-11-2002, 11:16 PM
I encourage you not to skip Goofy's Kitchen! You'll miss out on a great breakfast. When I read all the bad reports I had my brother-in-law who works for Orange County Health Dept check on their reports and he said they have had no problems. I've been there and it's GREAT!:)

Nancy
12-12-2002, 01:54 PM
I agree, you shouldn't skip Goofys Kitchen. We have taken our kids there for years and have always had a good meal and never any negative experience. Kids meals are reasonable and everyone is so nice. Go for an early dinner before the crowds, it's great.:)

Scottishmouse
12-13-2002, 02:18 PM
OK. Thanks. That's reassuring. Maybe we will head there for dinner.

MammaSilva
12-13-2002, 05:18 PM
I would recommend doing a late lunch instead of dinner, only for the price break, the characters are the same but there is a significant savings on the total bill!

DCA Dot
12-29-2002, 06:50 PM
Goofy's kitchen is a great place to have brunch if you are willing to pay a little more. We have eaten there a few times and were there just last week. There are enough characters in there to keep the kids happy and every once in a while they get out and do "the limbo" or since it is the holidays they encourge the kids to go and do a little holiday dance. A good photo op time. Plus they have the photo w/a character before you go into the resturant which you can chose to buy also. At the end of the meal they always give you a "Goofy's Kitchen" button.

PAOil
12-29-2002, 07:31 PM
Obviously Disneyland is further from Scotland than Disneyworld. I'm curious what lures you to DL? We made the same decision last year because we were curious about DCA.

JLKirscher
12-29-2002, 08:01 PM
We had an excellent experice at PCH Grill with Minnie & Friends. We had no children and all three characters (Minnie, Max and Daisy) came to our table. The food was very good (as it usually is in the Disney restaurants) and the service was excellent. We didn't feel any pressure to rush out the door either, which we greatly appreciated.
I would recommend calling ahead for reservations, especially if you are going during a particularly busy time. Reservations can be made up to 30 days in advance for the restaurants at the hotels and the more upscale restaurants at the park (i.e.- Blue Bayou which I highly recommend if you have the time and extra money, as it is a little pricey). You can call (714) 781-DINE- the number on www.disneyland.com
Whatever you decide to do though, I am sure you will have a fantasic time!
:p

Tatertotsmommie
12-29-2002, 09:18 PM
Goofy's kitchen is always a must during our trips, we usually eat an early dinner or late lunch, and we've never had a bad experience.

Can anyone comment on the Ariel's Grotto/Avalon Cove character dining? I was interested in trying that when we visit DLR in March. I understand that it is a bit pricey, but since my daughter's favorite part of our trips is the characters, and Ariel is one of her favorites, it would be worth it if there is a lot of character interaction.

Kimberly

kisroo
12-30-2002, 01:36 PM
Hi,
We were just at DLR in October and ate at "Ariel's" formerly Avalon Cove (it was Avalon Cove when we were there, but they did the character dealy...)~see the restaurant reviews section in Mouseplanet for my (and other's) review(s). This is actually a great section to look at what other people thought about their experiences at DLR.
Kisroo :)